Follow

DC Comics

Publisher »

Originally known as "National Publications", DC is a publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Justice League of America, and the Teen Titans, and is considered the originator of the American superhero genre. DC, along with rival Marvel Comics, is one of the "big two" American comic book publishers. DC Entertainment is a subsidiary of Warner Brothers and its parent company Warner Media.

Things N52 did better

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By adamTRMM

C'mon, there must be something even though it's a taboo to talk about among some DC fans lol

For me personally it was Amazo - as meta-virus, a power adapting parasite of sorts. Probably my favorite arc in the whole Johns' JL run. Amazing (no pun) reimagination and shift from the stupid concept that is all logic defying yet infinitely adaptable android. Here, it was actually explained how it harvested and controlled powers, and such a concept of power mimicry finally made sense.

lonny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are you just talking better than pre, or just plain what was good period? The Crime Syndicate was probably better than they've ever been, and the whole Forever Evil storyline was just great. I mostly love Scott Snyder's Batman run and ik a lot of people prob disagree, but it's my favorite Joker for sure. Scott used him sparingly up until he reappeared and it became an event. His Joker was scary. I also enjoyed the early storylines of Batman and Robin, focusing on Batman's son Damian's changing morality as he continues to transition from trained killer to boy wonder, and the one-shots were great. Nightwing and Grayson were underrated. I like the concept for the Teen Titans first storyline, but I have nothing else nice to say about that comic and how it replaced JT Krull's TT series.

I loved the AMAZO virus concept and Throne of Atlantis was one of my fav n52 storylines, a great demonstration of Aquaman's awesomeness, and it didn't make his brother, ocean master feel cheesy

Endanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

User Lists: 2

Aquaman and his supporting cast.

Batwoman (the first 25 issues at least)

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
    CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Better than what? Golden Age? Pre Crisis? Post Crisis? any of DC's many alternate Earths throughout the years?

Does anything post New 52 like DCYou or Rebirth count?

Avatar image for deactivated-5ab39f2267ace
    deactivated-5ab39f2267ace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nothing.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By adamTRMM

Better than what? Golden Age? Pre Crisis? Post Crisis? any of DC's many alternate Earths throughout the years?

Does anything post New 52 like DCYou or Rebirth count?

Post Crisis of course. I don't think I saw many GA or PreC fans bitching as much ;))

That would be whole Multiverse right? N52 changed it all, including alt realities AFAIK.

Everything right up until Rebirth.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By adamTRMM

@lonny said:

Are you just talking better than pre, or just plain what was good period? The Crime Syndicate was probably better than they've ever been, and the whole Forever Evil storyline was just great. I mostly love Scott Snyder's Batman run and ik a lot of people prob disagree, but it's my favorite Joker for sure. Scott used him sparingly up until he reappeared and it became an event. His Joker was scary. I also enjoyed the early storylines of Batman and Robin, focusing on Batman's son Damian's changing morality as he continues to transition from trained killer to boy wonder, and the one-shots were great. Nightwing and Grayson were underrated. I like the concept for the Teen Titans first storyline, but I have nothing else nice to say about that comic and how it replaced JT Krull's TT series.

I loved the AMAZO virus concept and Throne of Atlantis was one of my fav n52 storylines, a great demonstration of Aquaman's awesomeness, and it didn't make his brother, ocean master feel cheesy

Better than PC I meant.

What was special about Krull's TT? I ask because I don't know. I tried Lobdell's TT, but the 90s vibe (he even tried to integrate Gen 13 in there for some reason... or was it Superboy? I don't remember anymore) and clumsiness killed it for me. The cast had potential though, I somewhat liked Superboy having this angst. But again, it just never evolved properly.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
    CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@adamtrmm: Well if that's the case I'd say the New 52 (which should not include DCYou) improved on a majority of things from Post Crisis, which I feel strayed away from a lot of aspects of the Golden Age and Pre-Crisis, and lost a lot of luster before Flashpoint kicked in (minus all the amazing stuff Geoff Johns was doing at the time)

Also Grant Morrison's Multiversity kept a majority of the Multiverse in tact (read Final Crisis some time)

lonny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm: I haven't read Krull's TT in years, but I just remember that I was a big fan of Damian Wayne at the time, and he was being integrated into the group by Batdick so that he could learn how to work in a team, and The whole team consisted mainly of Geoff John's TT. The final arc involved Superboy Prime, a sort of anti-TT team, and clones of Superboy. But as I said, it's been a while, so maybe it's not as good as I remember. And if you haven't, you should definitely check out Geoff Johns run on Teen Titans.

Avatar image for deactivated-5caa8c47e8598
    deactivated-5caa8c47e8598

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Except maybe Batman and Justice League.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

AQUAMAN!

The Trench

The Others

Throne of Atlantis

Arthur and Mera

ALL OF IT!! EXCEPT THULE

Rurgandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Omega Men

Midnighter

Grayson

Animal Man

Prez

Tim Seeley's New Suicide Squad

Charles Soule's Red Lanterns

Dial H

Books that weren't afraid to play around with the status quo, instead of rehashing old storylines

Avatar image for mattydavehalpeo
    MattyDaveHalPeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jay Garrick's origin.

jb681131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Except maybe Batman and Justice League.

Lol Batman is probably the worst thing of the New52. And the JL origins is one of the worst comics I got to read so far.

@rurgandy said:
    • Omega Men
    • Midnighter
    • Grayson
    • Animal Man
    • Prez
    • Tim Seeley's New Suicide Squad
    • Charles Soule's Red Lanterns
    • Dial H

Books that weren't afraid to play around with the status quo, instead of rehashing old storylines

I agree with you even if some had so so stories or better that pre-flashpoint stories.

I also found Charles Soule's Swamp Thing interresting.

Avatar image for deactivated-5caa8c47e8598
    deactivated-5caa8c47e8598

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jb681131: Ha, I completely misunderstood the question. I thought it meant "Things N52 did better than Rebirth." In the case that we're talking about the pre-Flashpoint universe, I agree with you: obviously, Batman and JL were better before the New 52.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

AQUAMAN

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Compared to Rebirth?

Batwoman by Williams and Blackman is lightyears better than the amateurish writing of 'I got this job because I'm buddies with Scott Snyder' Marguerite Bennett.

Gail Simone's Batgirl run is better than hipster Batgirl. Don't get me wrong, both suck, but Simone's Batgirl at least felt like a story about an adult not a 21 year old who acts like she's 16.

N52 Justice League was mediocre, but it was at least readable. I can't say that about Rebirth JL which sucks hard.

Geoff Johns' Green Lantern was better.

mohhsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

grayson

darkseid in general -also darkseid war

Batman eternal

azzarello's wonder woman

valentine's catwoman

also both prez and gotham academy are really good(or was, prez was cancelled)

oh almost forgot aquaman

red hood-arsenal had some good issues

I also liked the hellbat

I am assuming you mean pre rebirth

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.