The Flash Any Good?

#1 Edited by kevin_mchugh (15 posts) - - Show Bio

I have heard nothing about the title either good or bad so I was wondering what everyone thinks of "The Flash" in the new 52?

So far the only books I am reading in the new 52 that I am enjoying are Batman and Auquaman (I have tried some of the others but I just wasn't moved by them AT ALL.) I have Animal Man, Wonder Woman and Green Arrow on my "Reading list".

But I have been a Flash fan for a good few years now (I was one of those people who had a new 52 tantrum and only came back in the past 12 months) and I have been thinking about picking up the first couple of trades.

So "The Flash" in the new 52....any good?

Thanks all.

#2 Posted by gator4eva (409 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm about to start reading it so I don't have an opinion yet, but I've heard the art is great and the story is a little above average. From what I've heard I'd say definitely give it a shot if you're a flash fan.

#3 Posted by Dm225 (314 posts) - - Show Bio

This topic comes up a lot here. Yes it's good and you should read it.

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
#4 Edited by darknightspideyfanboy (2623 posts) - - Show Bio

yes

#5 Posted by PeppeyHare (4330 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes

#6 Posted by CrazyScarecrow (2312 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes! Like you I just jumped on into the New 52 within the past 12 months (though I got out of comics because I wanted to fit in at school or some stupid middle school thing) anyhoo I read and I loved. I have never read the Flash before (though I did know the characters history) and it made me a fan. I even bought a Silver Age Flash comic because I have been liking the Flash so much.

The only problem you'd probably have with it is there is no Wally West. However I think Wally might be coming back after the Reverse Flash storyline.

#7 Posted by sinestro_GL (3651 posts) - - Show Bio

Flash is definitely worth picking up

• Rogues gallery are awesome
  • Story is consistent and solid
  • Art is amazing - pick of DC right now
#8 Posted by Bezza (5019 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh yes. I've jumped aboard Flash recently and its really great. The current story with reverse Flash is nearly at an end. independent reviews by IGN have given Flash a higher score than any of the Superman titles recently, including Unchained, which says how good it currently is!

#9 Posted by the_tree (8456 posts) - - Show Bio

It's pretty to look at, but the story is average at best. It feels very generic.

#10 Edited by kevin_mchugh (15 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks muchly. I am more of a story guy that an art guy to be honest.....but I will maybe give the first trade a shot if I can get it cheap enough....or if DC are giving away an issue on Comixology for free......

#11 Edited by Catsnlynne (1189 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes it is very good.

Avatar image for martianmanhunterisbetterthancy
#12 Posted by MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg (2452 posts) - - Show Bio

It very good. Pick it up.

Avatar image for daringspeedster
#13 Posted by DaringSpeedster (54 posts) - - Show Bio

Up to which Vol of Flash's New 52 was good? I know for Batman New 52 it was only good up to maybe 7 or 8 and then goes down hill from there.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.