Follow

DC Comics

Publisher »

Originally known as "National Publications", DC is a publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Justice League of America, and the Teen Titans, and is considered the originator of the American superhero genre. DC, along with rival Marvel Comics, is one of the "big two" American comic book publishers. DC Entertainment is a subsidiary of Warner Brothers and its parent company Warner Media.

Telepaths/Telekinetics of the DCU...

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Wyldsong

You know, I was just thinking about some of the TP/TK users of the MCU, and was just wondering...how many characters in the DCU are Telepaths, Telekinetics, or both? I mean, I know quite a few of the DCU characters, have read some of their books, but I am just not that intimately familiar with all things DC (the convoluted histories from all of the Crisis type stories really kind of turn me off, but I digress).  Does the DCU have any prominent characters that follow the strict TP/TK theme?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

@Wyldsong:

Telepaths and telekinetics aren't as common in the DCU as the Marvel U. 

But you've got Maxima TP/TK, Maxwell Lord TP, Martian Manhunter TP, Manchester Black TP/TK and others... all of these are on a very powerful scale comparable to any of Marvel's best.
    Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By Magian

Tomorrow Woman 
    Looker 
    Brainwave 
    Hitman 
    Codename Assassin 
    Superboy(Tactile TK) 
    Maxima 
    Martian Manhunter(and all other martians) 

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Wyldsong

Wow, thanks for the intel guys.  I'll have to look some of those characters up. 

I do have to say though...I forgot all about Hitman.  Wasn't it Hitman who got hit by Batman and puked on his boots?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

@Wyldsong:
    Maxwell Lord is in the new Justice League series with Captain Atom if you want something current.
    Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Magian
    @Wyldsong said:
    "Wow, thanks for the intel guys.  I'll have to look some of those characters up.  I do have to say though...I forgot all about Hitman.  Wasn't it Hitman who got hit by Batman and puked on his boots? "

I don't know if Batman hit him, but he was an assasin that was bitten by one of the aliens in the Bloodlines crossover and gained telepathy and X-Ray vision.
    Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Wyldsong
    @ComicMan24 said:
    " @Wyldsong said:
    "Wow, thanks for the intel guys.  I'll have to look some of those characters up.  I do have to say though...I forgot all about Hitman.  Wasn't it Hitman who got hit by Batman and puked on his boots? "
    I don't know if Batman hit him, but he was an assasin that was bitten by one of the aliens in the Bloodlines crossover and gained telepathy and X-Ray vision. "
    Yup, that's the one.  Found it: 

No Caption Provided
    Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Wyldsong
    @Jake Fury: Cool.  I'll definitely check that one out then.
    Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Magian
    @Wyldsong said:
    " @ComicMan24 said:
    " @Wyldsong said:
    I don't know if Batman hit him, but he was an assasin that was bitten by one of the aliens in the Bloodlines crossover and gained telepathy and X-Ray vision. "
    Yup, that's the one.  Found it: 

"

LOL
    -Unseen-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#10  Edited By -Unseen-

In addition to those already listed... 

Dr Psycho

Despero 
    Starro 
    Miss Martian 

redtha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By redtha

Danny  Chase had TK and so does Phantasm II since Danny Chase is one of the souls it contains.

Omegaman10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Omegaman10

Despero's one of the big telepaths in the DCU, better at it than Martian Manhunter himself.....if you wanna read up on him i'd recommend Virtue and Vice.
    tamaranorbust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By tamaranorbust

@Wyldsong:
    Mento (Steve Dayton) - aka Beast Boy's adopted father - is a powerful telepath and telekinetic.  Recent Doom Patrol Issues (I think it was DP #3) show Niles Caulder telling Dayton to stop pretending that he needs the Mento helmet to use latent telepathic abilities.  Caulder says Mento's afraid of looking like a freak (mutant), so he uses the helmet to make people think the power comes from the helmet, not him.

Only certain people are able to use the Mento helmet - you have to have telepathic abilities in the first place.  The only other person seen using the helmet is Beast Boy. So he definitely has latent telepathic abillities but seems to use them instinctively and hasn't developed them.  When Raven turned Beast Boy evil in the 90s, she and Gar spoke to each other telepathically.  So she might have that ability at certain times (like when she's gone over to the Dark Side) too.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By Outside_85

Raven has telepathy and has at times been shown to have telekinesis, but she is mostly being depiced using her soulself and empathy.

velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By velle37

Faith has some of the most powerful TK in the DCU...... Her TK is Superman level strength......
    MrMiracle77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By MrMiracle77

Crack open your Legion guide and you'll find a good number of TP/TK characters.  Saturn Girl, Starboy, Light Lass, etc.

Belladonna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By Belladonna

Saturn Girl for sure now

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.