Follow

DC Comics

Publisher »

Originally known as "National Publications", DC is a publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Justice League of America, and the Teen Titans, and is considered the originator of the American superhero genre. DC, along with rival Marvel Comics, is one of the "big two" American comic book publishers. DC Entertainment is a subsidiary of Warner Brothers and its parent company Warner Media.

Steve Orlando on JLA

apokos7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By apokos7

Steve Orlando will be the writer of JLA which will be born out of the Justice League VS Suicide Squad mini-series.

I was interested in the book anyway but now I'm really interested on what the roster of the team will be. Who the artist(s) on this will be, is greatly important too.

Also, I really hope Orlando amazes me with this since I didn't like his Midnighter which makes me uninterested in Midnighter/Apollo too, and his Supergirl (OK, it only had one issue but still) didn't impress me either. The Monster Men crossover doesn't seem that intriguing either but I hope the actual issues change my mind. I've only enjoyed his Shazam Darkseid War one-shot so far. I strongly hope he is good in this one.

http://www.newsarama.com/30890-rebirth-jla-writer-revealed-jl-vs-ss-s-long-lost-super-villain-new-jetsons-title.html

UltimatePower6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

Okay, all my doubts about another League title coming out are now out the window. This is so freakin' cool! I haven't read another writer that got me onto a book so fast than Orlando. In just the first Midnighter trade alone he had me. Once Supergirl comes to trade I'll try that too, but from the brief experience I've had with his writing I'd say they couldn't have done better.

Epyon007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Epyon007

I don't know too much about Steve Orlando, what has he written lately? I think he's on Supergirl which had a good prologue issue and I think he's doing the Batman crossover this fall. I'll probably see how those do and reserve judgement for now.

UltimatePower6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

@epyon007: He's written Midnighter, on Supergirl now, and is basically the showrunner/co-writer on the Batman mini event.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Best news I've heard in a long time.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Looking at Orlando's Twitter it's clear that this run will be the successor of Morrison's run, we might even get Batman vs Prometheus YES PLEASE.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

I have hopes for Orlando. He is one of the most promissing talents DC has right now and I truly know that he will make a great JLA book.

Rurgandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@epyon007: He wrote Midnighter, one of the best books of DCYou

mysoulz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rurgandy said:

@epyon007: He wrote Midnighter, one of the best books of DCYou

It's a shame how these good books always suffers with sales.

Rurgandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mysoulz: That's because it launched during DC's worst sales year

mysoulz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By mysoulz

@rurgandy said:

@mysoulz: That's because it launched during DC's worst sales year

True, but there have been some good written books at the start of the relaunch, which got eventually cancelled.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sounds interesting, but I'm already not feeling his work on Supergirl. Seems a downgrade from the previous story. I can't speak for his work on Midnighter since I don't care about Midnighter enough to read his book so maybe that's a solid book.

Did enjoy the Shazam one-shot though, so this could be good.

This made me chuckle though: "Longtime enemies such as Batman and Deadshot, the Flash and Boomerang, and Wonder Woman and Harley Quinn will have to put aside their differences..."

Didn't they team-up awhile ago? And didn't Harley express being a fan of Dianas'?

If I had to guess though, I could sort of see Waller turning Suicide Squad into the Justice League of America, with a few line-up changes. While still keeping some guys in her back pocket to do the dirty work the Squad is known for.

And if I had to guess who this new team is, I'm going to guess that it's Checkmate, or at least some version of it. This might even tie into the Most Wanted issue for El Diablo. Alternatively, it could be The Authority or some version of it. Possibly even The Elite.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.