Follow

DC Comics

Publisher »

Originally known as "National Publications", DC is a publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Justice League of America, and the Teen Titans, and is considered the originator of the American superhero genre. DC, along with rival Marvel Comics, is one of the "big two" American comic book publishers. DC Entertainment is a subsidiary of Warner Brothers and its parent company Warner Media.

SDCC 2015: Jim Lee & Dan DiDio on the Future of DC Comics

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
    Click To Unmute

Want us to remember this setting for all your devices?

Please use a html5 video capable browser to watch videos.
    This video has an invalid file format.
    00:00:00
    Sorry, but you can't access this content!
    Please enter your date of birth to view this video

By clicking 'enter', you agree to Comic Vine's
    Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
    CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Great interview, I am not afraid to say that I love these two. I am so so excited for the new Firestorm series (as anyone who knows me would expect) when I was listening to Mr. Conway's interview on Firestorm Fan (aka the best fan web page ever) I nearly jumped out of my seat when I heard that he and Mr. Didio were planing something for Firestorm. I love the idea of bringing back classic writers to some of their own creations, I'll defiantly be picking up the series by Wein, Wolfman, and Conway.

Also Mr. Didio if you're looking for a new project to work on, I know you like old obscure Jack Kirby books/ characters, so how about the Newsboy Legion? I'd love to see a modern take on them.

Lastly thank you Mr. Guerrero for addressing the "Why aren't there commercials for comics on TV" question that all of us fans have been asking forever. Seriously DC, Cartoon Network/Adult Swim are part of Time Warner, so get some commercials for comics on during Toonami or something like that. Heck get Toonami to play some of your animated movies (especially the Superman ones, otaku have not been on good terms with Supes lately and we need to change that) those would appeal to anime fans and get them to take an interest in comics.

WarDishy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Great job Tony. I like Jim and Dan, hope the new initiatives work out well for them.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

Dan Didio sexiest man alive

Jim Lee 2nd sexiest man alive

ANyway, big fan of what DC is doing.

~MiB

CoryNick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Great interview! I'm excited about DC and enjoying several of the new books.

sealife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By sealife

Good thing they are reading the characters history and not just not what they want or did.

justice teen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As long as they choose to focus on other characters that aren't batman or batman related then I am happy, DC has way more to offer than what they been offering.

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dat background poster...

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
    StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

Great interview

slapz88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Keep the interviews coming in for peeps like me who couldn't make it this year to San Diego. I love the behind the scene interviews and discussion of the new upcoming stuff.

bladewolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great interview! You know, I really don't understand all the flak Didio gets; I think he's got real heart and lots of great ideas.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.