Follow

DC Comics

Publisher »

Originally known as "National Publications", DC is a publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Justice League of America, and the Teen Titans, and is considered the originator of the American superhero genre. DC, along with rival Marvel Comics, is one of the "big two" American comic book publishers. DC Entertainment is a subsidiary of Warner Brothers and its parent company Warner Media.

Recommended Legacy DC Heroes? any and all suggestions appreciated.

ThunderWolf86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I suppose this is my first official topic so, Hi all.

Im working on a small project cataloguing as many legacy heroes and newer heroes I can from both Marvel and DC that have debuted roughly sense year 2000 with some exceptions (it's all for a story I am working on, think the next generation of heroes type of thing). as I am more familiar with Marvel then DC, deciding on the Marvel heroes was pretty easy, but with DC i am having a bit more trouble. there have been some more obvious ones out there like Batman Beyond, Green Lantern Cruz and Baz, Blue Beetle (Reyes), Static (they don't all HAVE to be a successor), some from the New 52's Earth 2 like the Val Zod Superman (so yes, alternate universes are good too) and a few others but for the most part I am having trouble deciding.

the tough part comes in when it comes to characters like Holly Granger's Hawk. being the younger sister of Dove who has been around sense the late 80s but Holly showed up around 2003 (I think). now you can't have Hawk without Dove so that rules her out, I think, but then again Im not too familiar with Hawk and Dove. there are a few examples like that that make it difficult so I thought I would ask who would you chose? which teams might they join? alternate universes are just fine as well (a few from Kingdom Come are in there as well, Lian Harper as Red Hood = Awesome), pretty much anywhere is just fine as long as its DC and debuted around 2000.

as many as you can think of, all votes welcome at this point, I need all the help I can get. Thanks. :)

BJParks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey! Pretty new poster as well, and don't know a lot, but reading JSA is a great way to find legacy heroes as they were pretty much all about training a new legacy.

For example (from the JSA),

• Mr. Terrific
    • Stargirl
    • Damage
    • Atom Smasher
    • Wildcat II (after his father Wildcat, also a member of the JSA)
    • Sand (FKA Sandman II)

Others off the top of my head:

• The Flash (Wally West)
    • Jesse Quick
    • All the Robins, I guess?
    • Superboy(Conner Kent)
    • Aqualad
    • Ms. Martian
    • Wonder Girl
    • And many more!

Hope that helps some, and good luck!

jb681131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@thunderwolf86: I don't really get what you're look for ? You want heroes from the 2000 but that are legacy heroes ?? that's in contradiction.

I'd say pick any hero from New52, they were all rebooted so you could say they are all from 2011 on.

I would suggest among the new characters:

• Cyborg
    • Batwoman
    • Damian Wayne
    ThunderWolf86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ThunderWolf86

@jb681131: I should have specified that around the year 2000 is when I first started really taking notice of superhero successors. the 2 that stuck out the most were Spider-Girl (Mayday) and Batman Beyond. that also seemed to be around the time that that idea seemed to really take hold, particularly in Marvel (might not have been as much with DC, again Im kind of flying dark a bit there). shortly after Spider-Girl showed up, then there was X-23, American Dream, Sentry, and a bunch of new ones in things like Young X-Men, Young Avengers, etc. a few years later. Spider-Girl and Batman Beyond were the catalyst that got me to really like that idea and want to see who would succeed who later on.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.