Follow

DC Comics

Publisher »

Originally known as "National Publications", DC is a publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Justice League of America, and the Teen Titans, and is considered the originator of the American superhero genre. DC, along with rival Marvel Comics, is one of the "big two" American comic book publishers. DC Entertainment is a subsidiary of Warner Brothers and its parent company Warner Media.

Raven Recommended Reading

Madderoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I've never read anything from the Teen Titans but I loved the TV show, especially Raven. What trade paperbacks should I pick up that focus on her? I'm trying to avoid purchasing omnibus just because they're quite costly and I'm not sure I'll like the comics enough to invest that much money yet.

The rebirth series seems the most accessible (especially since it's a mini one) but I've heard it isn't the most true/best representation of the character.

Yassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Wolfman's New Teen Titans

. . . that's about it.

jb681131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@madderoon:I'm not really an expert but there are a few mini-series on Raven:

• 2004 - Teen Titans: Raven Rising
    • 2008 - DC Special: Raven
    • 2016-2017 - Raven

Then if you look at the ComicVine Recommended Reading page, here is what is suggested:

1. DC Comics Present #26 (1980): Where Nightmares Begin - Her first appearance ever.
    2. The New Teen Titans Vol 1 - Her beginnings with the Teen Titans, and explains why The Justice League didn't really help with Trigon.
    3. The Terror of Trigon (The New Teen Titans Vol 2, #1-5) - This is an extremely Raven-centric story, as well as being one of the greatest Teen Titans stories ever told

Madderoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Madderoon

@jb681131: Does this https://www.bookdepository.com/New-Teen-Titans-Vol-01-Marv-Wolfman-George-Perez/9781401251437?ref=grid-view version include the Terror of Trigon arc as well since it says issues #1-8 or are they two separate things? I've found this one https://www.bookdepository.com/New-Teen-Titans-The-Terror-of-Trigon-Geroge-Perez-Romeo-Tanghal-Marv-Wolfman/9781563899447?ref=grid-view as well and it seems more clear-cut. Would it be alright to just go ahead and start off reading this? Thanks so much for the help :)

jb681131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By jb681131

@jb681131: Does this https://www.bookdepository.com/New-Teen-Titans-Vol-01-Marv-Wolfman-George-Perez/9781401251437?ref=grid-view version include the Terror of Trigon arc as well since it says issues #1-8 or are they two separate things? I've found this one https://www.bookdepository.com/New-Teen-Titans-The-Terror-of-Trigon-Geroge-Perez-Romeo-Tanghal-Marv-Wolfman/9781563899447?ref=grid-view as well and it seems more clear-cut. Would it be alright to just go ahead and start off reading this? Thanks so much for the help :)

Be carefull, Terror of Trigon is from The New Teen Titans volume 2 not volume 1. So you're first book doesn't contain Terror of Trigon.

From what I know, New Teen Titans vol.2 takes place 6 month after the vol.1 events. And volume got renamed Tales of the Teen Titans.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.