Follow

DC Comics

Publisher »

Originally known as "National Publications", DC is a publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Justice League of America, and the Teen Titans, and is considered the originator of the American superhero genre. DC, along with rival Marvel Comics, is one of the "big two" American comic book publishers. DC Entertainment is a subsidiary of Warner Brothers and its parent company Warner Media.

Overpowered?

• 131 results
    Avatar image for cosmic_sentinel
    Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

For all the people who saw Superman once and think the DCU is overpowered, I present a list of DC characters that are less powerful than Spider-man (since he's so real). Many of them don't have powers at all (#). They're also all heroes, fight bad guys (no Alfreds) and have appeared in print recently in main continuity.

Nightwing#, Robin#, Green Arrow#, Arsenal/Red Arrow#, Katana, Batgirl#, Black Canary, Adam Strange#, Azrael#, Doctor Mid-nite, Blue Beetle (Ted Kord)#, Northwind, Liberty Belle, Grace Choi, Shining Knight, Mr. Terrific, Detective Chimp, Guardian#, The Question#, Catwoman#, Timber Wolf, Hourman (not the future one), Mister America#, Huntress#, Ragman, Nightmaster, Dollman, Black Condor, Bronze Tiger# and of course Batman#.

I make that thirty just off the top of my head, 15 with no powers at all. Even now, I have more coming into my head (how could I forget Wildcat?) and didn't include anyone with tech that gives them greater power than Spidey (Steel, Mister Miracle). I didn't include anyone that's even slightly debatable like Fire, Atom Smasher or the Hawk people.

You may now go back to reading about all those poor, weak charcters with the power of a million exploding suns, Greek or Norse gods and omega level mutants.
    Post Edited:2007-07-24 03:54:38

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Methos

woo hoo...

well said CS, i get fed up of so many people bitching about the DCU and it's 'over powered' characters.

Marvel has exactly the same but DC fan's don't bitch about it.

all in all were all here for the same love of comic's and comic characters, what does it matter if it's DC, Marvel, Top Cow or whatever...

M

Sketchtor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By Sketchtor

Methos says:

"woo hoo... well said CS, i get fed up of so many people bitching about the DCU and it's 'over powered' characters. Marvel has exactly the same but DC fan's don't bitch about it. all in all were all here for the same love of comic's and comic characters, what does it matter if it's DC, Marvel, Top Cow or whatever... M"

High five.

Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

Thank you. I just another 'DC are overpowered' comment this morning and needed to vent.

Sketchtor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Sketchtor

Batman, Aquaman, Nightwing and Green Arrow are my favourite DC characters.

Ms. Invisible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Ms. Invisible

Cosmic Sentinel says:

"Thank you. I just another 'DC are overpowered' comment this morning and needed to vent."

Yup, it really agitates me to see "DC is overpowered" or "DC's not realistic". Plus people who think DC's overpowered like to really jump on the characters once they've said the two statements I just typed up.

Oh, and Adam Strange for non-powered.

Rotten gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Rotten gun

its not that they dont have lesser powered characters its thats that the median is overpowered compared. and hulk for king!
    Post Edited:2007-07-24 04:45:43

Ms. Invisible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Ms. Invisible

Rotten gun says:

"its not that they dont have lesser powered characters its thats that the median is overpowered compared. and hulk for king!
    Post Edited:2007-07-24 04:45:43"

CS just listed 15 of 30 characters that aren't as powerful as Spider-Man.

Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

Rotten gun says:

"its not that they dont have lesser powered characters its thats that the median is overpowered compared. and hulk for king!

Name 5 heroes in the Marvel Universe with no powers at all (Captain America technically does or did). Now try 10. If there was a prize for the most over powered, Hulk would win it right now so I really hope that was just irony.

How powerful the universe seems really does depend on who you look at. We could take Batman for DC and Annihilation for Marvel and Marvel seems over powered. It all depends where you put your focus. In fact, there are no solo Marvel comics that star a character with no powers at the moment (Black Panther and Iron Fist would be the closest but they do have powers) where as DC has two, Green Arrow and Batman.

@ Ms. Invisible: Adam Strange is on the list as non-powered.

ScoodleDaddle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By ScoodleDaddle

Things like this bother me. What the fuck does it matter if one character is more "powerful" than another? This isn't a video game. You can get just as good a story out of a powerful character as you could a less powerful one. I mean, I've never read a Superman story that consisted of how easy it was for him to win. These allegations are absolutely ridiculous and misplaced.

Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

I agree, the point of the superhero genre in many respects is that it's about characters that are more powerful than us average joes (well not me, but the rest of you) fighting bad guys and doing daring deeds. Whether that is through extreme training, a spider bite or a magic ring is largely irrelevant.

Avatar image for ultimatedeadpool
    DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By DEADPOOL

Rotten gun says:

Agreed.

DC has a VERY large roster (particularly thanks to the GL corps) of immensely powerful beings. And most of the heavy-hitters in DC are capable of moving planets. Superman alone is capable of lifting 40,000,000,000 tons on an average showing, and that doesn't include his occasional "sun-dips." And most of DC's heavy-hitters are supposedly in Superman's weight class... because DC's logic is apparently "well if we're gonna make them super-strong, then they should at least be able to move a planet."

And not just that, but DC loves to give their characters tons of superpowers. Infact, they literally just keep adding on. The only Marvel characters that could fight DC's heroes are cosmic beings, like the Silver Surfer. But the difference between DC's heroes and Marvel's cosmic beings is that, while Superman is getting his universe-destroying powers put to the test by Lex Luthor, Silver Surfer's trying to stop the universe from getting destroyed.

Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

DEADPOOL says:

"Rotten gun says:
    Agreed. DC has a VERY large roster (particularly thanks to the GL corps) of immensely powerful beings. And most of the heavy-hitters in DC are capable of moving planets. Superman alone is capable of lifting 40,000,000,000 tons on an average showing, and that doesn't include his occasional "sun-dips." And most of DC's heavy-hitters are supposedly in Superman's weight class... because DC's logic is apparently "well if we're gonna make them super-strong, then they should at least be able to move a planet." And not just that, but DC loves to give their characters tons of superpowers. Infact, they literally just keep adding on. The only Marvel characters that could fight DC's heroes are cosmic beings, like the Silver Surfer. But the difference between DC's heroes and Marvel's cosmic beings is that, while Superman is getting his universe-destroying powers put to the test by Lex Luthor, Silver Surfer's trying to stop the universe from getting destroyed."

Superman can't move planets on his own, he has only ever done it with alot of help. If you read the other thread, you'll see the Earth has only been moved once by the entire League. The 7200 Green Lanterns patrol the entire universe not just Earth. Even Hal and John have broader responsabilities than just Earth. Since they're currently being butchered by the Sinestro Corps who are everybit as powerful as they are, they obviously aren't invincible.

On the other hand, Thor has fought Superman and is about equal. Probably stronger with his hammer, Mjolner. He even has a virtual equal in Beta Ray Bill. Then there's Ares too. Sentry has the power of 'a million exploding suns' so he's no light weight either. Hulk single handedly took on an entire planet of superbeings in Planet Hulk. Doctor Strange is the Sorcerer Supreme for an entire dimension, putting him on a level with any of DC's big magicians. Silver Surfer has more power than any DC hero short of the Spectre. Nova just inherited the powers of his entire corps, putting him on a level with Ion.

You're spouting the same tired cliches of people who haven't actually read a DC comic. Superman doesn't have universe destroying powers and cannot move planets. He also fights beings more powerful than Lex Luthor. Currently he is tackling Arion, threatening to kill millions of people and is more powerful than him even if he weren't vulnerable to magic. Beyond the unfortunate Blue Superman story line, Superman hasn't gained any new powers in decades. If anything he's lost them. I mentioned in passing a Marvel one who has (Nova) and Psylocke can barely keep her powers straight from one issue to the next.

All this and no one has, thus far, been able to name five Marvel characters without powers. I'll start you off: Hawkeye.

Walkingstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Walkingstone

Cosmic Sentinel says:

"**All this and no one has, thus far, been able to name five Marvel characters without powers. I'll start you off:** Hawkeye."

Chase from Runaways :D

Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

Walkingstone says:

"Cosmic Sentinel says:
    " **All this and no one has, thus far, been able to name five Marvel characters without powers. I'll start you off:** Hawkeye."
    Chase from Runaways :D"

Yay someone's playing.

zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By zero edge

Cosmic Sentinel says:

"Walkingstone says:
    "Cosmic Sentinel says:
    " **All this and no one has, thus far, been able to name five Marvel characters without powers. I'll start you off:** Hawkeye."

Yay someone's playing."

Me next!

....Punisher

Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

That's three. I still laugh thinking about Molly and Punisher.

zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By zero edge

Funny thing is just hours after this topic was made... someone makes a "i hate superman plz kill him cuz hes too pwns too much" thread.

Walkingstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Walkingstone

Cosmic Sentinel says:

"That's three. I still laugh thinking about Molly and Punisher."

Me too, Molly's awesome :D

Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

I saw that thread a few minutes ago. I toned down what I was going to say in that thread. I did find it ignorant considering this thread is a response to pretty much everything he said before he said it.

zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By zero edge

Two things I loved from that topic... I learned that Marvel comics was dominating DC so they decided to sit around and throw every power into 1 man and call him Superman... and that getting bitten by a radioactive Spider and gaining super powers was more believable.

Walkingstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Walkingstone

zero edge says:

"Two things I loved from that topic... I learned that Marvel comics was dominating DC so they decided to sit around and throw every power into 1 man and call him Superman... and that getting bitten by a radioactive Spider and gaining super powers was more believable."

Learn something new every day then! Radioactive spiders over aliens... Hmm, which do I believe more?

Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

I though Spider-man was a documentary when I first read it.

Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Spectrum

DCU OVER POWERED.

MARVEL HARPS ON ABOUT GALACTUS AND SILVER SURVER AND THE LIKES SO MUCH YOUD THINK THEY COULD EAT PLANETS, har har

marvel alway has the fate of the universe in the balence on its storylines, its never enough for one life to be in danger, only something mind blowing out of poportion will do.

This is marvels promary flaw, the dont look in depth into their charecters and dont allow them to mature through their actions, there just to busy saving the ENTIRE UNIVERSE from gaint hungry space monkeys.

The DCU have the greatest charecters every, while all Marvel has are super charged idiots running around without trying to get their makers a cheap buck.

and yes FLash rules, and Bat's could hav Marvels ass on a plater, blind folded and with no legs

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#25  Edited By The_Martian

Spectrum says:

"DCU OVER POWERED. MARVEL HARPS ON ABOUT GALACTUS AND SILVER SURVER AND THE LIKES SO MUCH YOUD THINK THEY COULD EAT PLANETS, har har marvel alway has the fate of the universe in the balence on its storylines, its never enough for one life to be in danger, only something mind blowing out of poportion will do. This is marvels promary flaw, the dont look in depth into their charecters and dont allow them to mature through their actions, there just to busy saving the ENTIRE UNIVERSE from gaint hungry space monkeys. The DCU have the greatest charecters every, while all Marvel has are super charged idiots running around without trying to get their makers a cheap buck. and yes FLash rules, and Bat's could hav Marvels ass on a plater, blind folded and with no legs"
    You may have that backwards. DC's universe is way more in trouble more often then Marvel's. Most of Marvel's problems are Earth based only. And far as character development goes. I think most that like Marvel like it cause of their more detailed characters and not just the select few that DC has(Batman, Superman, JLA)
    DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By DEADPOOL

Cosmic Sentinel says:

"DEADPOOL says:
    "Rotten gun says:
    Agreed. DC has a VERY large roster (particularly thanks to the GL corps) of immensely powerful beings. And most of the heavy-hitters in DC are capable of moving planets. Superman alone is capable of lifting 40,000,000,000 tons on an average showing, and that doesn't include his occasional "sun-dips." And most of DC's heavy-hitters are supposedly in Superman's weight class... because DC's logic is apparently "well if we're gonna make them super-strong, then they should at least be able to move a planet." And not just that, but DC loves to give their characters tons of superpowers. Infact, they literally just keep adding on. The only Marvel characters that could fight DC's heroes are cosmic beings, like the Silver Surfer. But the difference between DC's heroes and Marvel's cosmic beings is that, while Superman is getting his universe-destroying powers put to the test by Lex Luthor, Silver Surfer's trying to stop the universe from getting destroyed."

Superman can't move planets on his own, he has only ever done it with alot of help. If you read the other thread, you'll see the Earth has only been moved once by the entire League. The 7200 Green Lanterns patrol the entire universe not just Earth. Even Hal and John have broader responsabilities than just Earth. Since they're currently being butchered by the Sinestro Corps who are everybit as powerful as they are, they obviously aren't invincible.

On the other hand, Thor has fought Superman and is about equal. Probably stronger with his hammer, Mjolner. He even has a virtual equal in Beta Ray Bill. Then there's Ares too. Sentry has the power of 'a million exploding suns' so he's no light weight either. Hulk single handedly took on an entire planet of superbeings in Planet Hulk. Doctor Strange is the Sorcerer Supreme for an entire dimension, putting him on a level with any of DC's big magicians. Silver Surfer has more power than any DC hero short of the Spectre. Nova just inherited the powers of his entire corps, putting him on a level with Ion.

You're spouting the same tired cliches of people who haven't actually read a DC comic. Superman doesn't have universe destroying powers and cannot move planets. He also fights beings more powerful than Lex Luthor. Currently he is tackling Arion, threatening to kill millions of people and is more powerful than him even if he weren't vulnerable to magic. Beyond the unfortunate Blue Superman story line, Superman hasn't gained any new powers in decades. If anything he's lost them. I mentioned in passing a Marvel one who has (Nova) and Psylocke can barely keep her powers straight from one issue to the next."

Superman and Wonder Woman moved a moon, they struggled to hold up Spectre after he absorbed universe, and Superman lifted a white dwarf star in the last decade. pre-Crisis Superman used to juggle planets... and guess who post-Crisis Superman just fought equally with? Pre-Crisis Superman and a sun-dipped pre-Crisis Superboy. Also, in the last couple years, Superman has shown three new abilities... well, one he said he could do. One is that he has a "protective-aura" around his body. The next is that he has the ability to wrap that aura around anything he touches. And the third one that he said he could do was project electro-magnetic pulses from his eyes.

A group of people (GL corps) that can do almost anything they can think of is having a hard time with another team that can do almost anything they can think of? Gee, you're right... the GL corps aren't as powerful as I thought. lol.

Thor's as powerful as Superman? Thor's magic and Superman's weakness to magic aside, Thor got beat by Wonder Woman.

Ares and Nova aren't nearly as powerful as I think you're giving them credit for. Sentry can only use a fraction of his power without risking the Void's emergence, I'm not including DC's magic users so Dr. Strange isn't a factor, the X-Men irritate me, and Hulk sucks.

Superkitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#27  Edited By Superkitty

zero edge says:

"Two things I loved from that topic... I learned that Marvel comics was dominating DC so they decided to sit around and throw every power into 1 man and call him Superman... and that getting bitten by a radioactive Spider and gaining super powers was more believable."

Don't you remember how badly Marvel was kicking DC's butt in 1939?

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By The_Martian

Superkitty says:

"zero edge says:
    Don't you remember how badly Marvel was kicking DC's butt in 1939? "
    LMAO!
    zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By zero edge

spiderman0409 says:

"Nobody says:
    "Superkitty says:
    "zero edge says:
    LMAO! "

god dammit i can't what LMAO means ahhhh"

LMAO = laughing my ass off

Avatar image for the_mighty_thor
    The Mighty Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By The Mighty Thor

Nobody says:

"Superkitty says:
    "zero edge says:
    LMAO! "

god dammit i can't what LMAO means ahhhh

Superkitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Superkitty

zero edge says:

"Cosmic Sentinel says:
    "Walkingstone says:
    "Cosmic Sentinel says:

Yay someone's playing."

Me next!

....Punisher"

Howard the Duck

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By The_Martian

spiderman0409 says:

"Nobody says:
    "Superkitty says:
    "zero edge says:
    LMAO! "
    Laugh My A$$ Off.
    Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Spectrum

Superkitty says:

"zero edge says:

two jewish kids came up with the idea of Superman and DC bought it off them, they didnt "chuck all the pwers into one man" as you put it

The Mighty Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By The Mighty Thor

Nobody says:

"spiderman0409 says:
    "Nobody says:
    "Superkitty says:
    "zero edge says:
    LMAO! "
    Laugh My A$$ Off. "

thank you nobody and zero edge

zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By zero edge

Spectrum says:

"Superkitty says:
    "zero edge says:

two jewish kids came up with the idea of Superman and DC bought it off them, they didnt "chuck all the pwers into one man" as you put it"

sorry forgot to add (sarcasm) lol
    Post Edited:2007-07-24 11:34:51

Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Spectrum

right i have to go and be cool, like superman.

and can we all just say that FLash would kill them all, weather Marvel or Dc hed win, yessss

Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

Spectrum says:

"Superkitty says:
    "zero edge says:
    two jewish kids came up with the idea of Superman and DC bought it off them, they didnt "chuck all the pwers into one man" as you put it"

He was being sarcastic about someone else.

@DEADPOOL: It was Superman, Wonder Woman and GL who moved the moon. Last time I checked, moons aren't planets. Atom has a white dwarf star on him. Since he doesn't have super strength, I can only guess they'e not as heavy in the DCU. I dunno when WW beat Thor, but Thor vs Superman was part of JLA/Avengers. That fight left Superman severely weakened.

The point is, GLs take on cosmic threats. Hal and Guy recently rescued a group that had been trapped by the Manhunters and the Cyborg Superman. It took a number of them to slow Superboy Prime down and they still had to take it in turns to cage him. Their rings are only as good as their will power, by making them afraid or attacking relentlessly they can be beaten.

I'm not trying to argue that DC is weaker. Or even that Superman is, he is ment to be powerful and in a world of superheroes that means turning it up a notch. My point is that everyone just assumes that DC is full to the brim with Supermen which is just dumb. As I said right at the beginning, there are lots of DC characters with few or no powers that get ignored in these discussions.

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By The_Martian

Spectrum says:

"Superkitty says:
    "zero edge says:
    When Superman started off though he could only lift about two tons, jump high, and run fast. Most powers came later on. Though I belive most came from the idea of keeping him "Super"man. I mean how sad would it be for a guy with Super in his name to get beat by average joes.
    The Mighty Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By The Mighty Thor

Cosmic Sentinel says:

"Spectrum says:
    "Superkitty says:
    "zero edge says:
    He was being sarcastic about someone else. @DEADPOOL: It was Superman, Wonder Woman and GL who moved the moon. Last time I checked, moons aren't planets. Atom has a white dwarf star on him. Since he doesn't have super strength, I can only guess they'e not as heavy in the DCU. I dunno when WW beat Thor, but Thor vs Superman was part of JLA/Avengers. That fight left Superman severely weakened. The point is, GLs take on cosmic threats. Hal and Guy recently rescued a group that had been trapped by the Manhunters and the Cyborg Superman. It took a number of them to slow Superboy Prime down and they still had to take it in turns to cage him. Their rings are only as good as their will power, by making them afraid or attacking relentlessly they can be beaten. I'm not trying to argue that DC is weaker. Or even that Superman is, he is ment to be powerful and in a world of superheroes that means turning it up a notch. My point is that everyone just assumes that DC is full to the brim with Supermen which is just dumb. As I said right at the beginning, there are lots of DC characters with few or no powers that get ignored in these discussions. "

yea thats true

ScoodleDaddle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#40  Edited By ScoodleDaddle

People still don't get that power isn't what's important in a character. GG Deadpool.

DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By DEADPOOL

Cosmic Sentinel says:

"Spectrum says:
    "Superkitty says:
    "zero edge says:

He was being sarcastic about someone else.

@DEADPOOL: It was Superman, Wonder Woman and GL who moved the moon. Last time I checked, moons aren't planets. Atom has a white dwarf star on him. Since he doesn't have super strength, I can only guess they'e not as heavy in the DCU. I dunno when WW beat Thor, but Thor vs Superman was part of JLA/Avengers. That fight left Superman severely weakened.

The point is, GLs take on cosmic threats. Hal and Guy recently rescued a group that had been trapped by the Manhunters and the Cyborg Superman. It took a number of them to slow Superboy Prime down and they still had to take it in turns to cage him. Their rings are only as good as their will power, by making them afraid or attacking relentlessly they can be beaten.

I'm not trying to argue that DC is weaker. Or even that Superman is, he is ment to be powerful and in a world of superheroes that means turning it up a notch. My point is that everyone just assumes that DC is full to the brim with Supermen which is just dumb. As I said right at the beginning, there are lots of DC characters with few or no powers that get ignored in these discussions. "

Pluto was considered a planet, and it's smaller than our moon. Hell, some of Jupiter's moons are near the size of the Earth.

GL's have only recently become cosmic heroes, I believe. Each GL was kinda a one-person police force for their planet, and that's exactly what the GL's did for decades.

I didn't know that about the Atom, but it can't be a full-sized white dwarf star, especially considering Atom has the power to shrink things to an atomic level.

Superman's weak to magic, and Mjolnir, if not Thor too, is magic.

ScoodleDaddle says:

"People still don't get that power isn't what's important in a character. GG Deadpool."

Huh? Talking to me?

Post Edited:2007-07-24 13:04:54

Phorqe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Phorqe

Who ever said that Marvel doesn't deal with their characters back stories and only focuses on having the world at stake, that is just ignorant. Look at X-men, Spider-man and Punisher. The world is often threated in those titles. Maybe the Avengers deal with the end of the world crap but most of the main Marvel books are character oriented.

As for Marvel Characters with no powers: Black Cat( I think) Prowler, Kingpin. Iron Man is just a guy in a suit like Batman, though he would ream Bats in a fight.

Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

With the exception of Alan Scott, GL's patrol sectors not just planets. Hal was told off for limiting his focus to Earth back in the day. Moving planets isn't a regular thing in the DCU, it just keeps getting brought up. One GL is a planet, so he would be the exception. Anyway, the point as I said wasn't that the DCU is more or less powered than Marvel, more that it isn't the playground of godlike metas tossing planets around as their play things. If you look at it, they're reasonably similar, but DC tends to have more people at the extremes.

@Phorqe: I wasn't counting people with tech that emulates super powers which would include Steel (John Henry Irons) and Green Lantern (the ring is just advanced alien tech at the end of the day). I was also limiting it to heroes to keep Batman's rogue gallery out. Black Cat doesn't have any powers these days so she does. Good effort though.

Avatar image for terminal_velocity
    Terminal Velocity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Post Deleted.

Zaraki Ichigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Zaraki Ichigo

Not to be a downer or anything, but doesn't Ragman's outfit give him Superpowers? I know he himself doesn't in outside of the suit, but doesn't the suit itself give him powers?

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
    BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 51

#46  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Regardless of if the suit gives him powers, he's less powerful than Spider-Man so he's on the list.

Zaraki Ichigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Zaraki Ichigo

Buckshot says:

"Regardless of if the suit gives him powers, he's less powerful than Spider-Man so he's on the list. "

Cool, just wanted to check.

Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Spectrum

Post Deleted.

Valkaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Valkaad

I don't say DC is overpowered, I just say that it's base level characters are more powerful than marvels. i.e. Solomon Grundy I didn't know a lot about his powers until today. I found out that he can go toe to toe with superman, meaning he would wipe the floor with almost everyone of marvels guys except cosmic level beings. If he were in marvel he would have at most class 100 and more likely be powered at around 70tons. Wonderwoman also would mop up most of marvels heavy hitters. Let's not even get into the Flash, the Flash is a character who would be on the marvel equivalent of the avengers and is as powerful if not more so than the elder of the universe THE RUnner. I know someone is going to bring up the sentry, but marvel just brought him out (I hate him) in an attempt to power up their guys. Everyone in marvel seems to be getting powered up lately, from cage to spiderman to the hulk to wolverine to the white queen to colossus to the thing etc etc etc.

Valkaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Valkaad

OH by the way Hawkeye, Swordsman, Black Knight, Trickshot, odd-ball, mole-man, puck, bomb-shell, tenpin, ringleader, corsair, black widow, arcade, kingpin, ka-zar, the jester, red-skull, baron wolfgang von-strucker, Henry Gyrich you want me to keep going?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.