New 52 Future's End - thoughts/opinions

#1 Edited by webbcity (113 posts) - - Show Bio

Hi,

First off, I should say that I am primarily a Marvel guy and really don't know much about the DC Universe at all, apart from some Batman, Justice League, and a few more things I've picked up here and there.

So, keeping that in mind...I have questions about Future's End. I did get the last 4 issues of this series, just based on some online buzz, and quite enjoyed them, even though I'm probably only understanding about half of what's going on. So what I'm wondering is: is there a good jumping-on point for this series, other than the very first issue? For example, I'm wondering if I can start with the 2nd volume of the trade, or will I be totally lost? And what do people think of the series overall? Was the quality pretty consistent throughout the run?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

#2 Posted by webbcity (113 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone?

Avatar image for quinnofthestoneage
#3 Posted by QuinnoftheStoneAge (3663 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it would probably be best to start from the beginning as it's one big story, I enjoyed the series quite a lot, and thought the quality was consistent throughout.

#4 Posted by webbcity (113 posts) - - Show Bio

@quinnofthestoneage said:

I think it would probably be best to start from the beginning as it's one big story, I enjoyed the series quite a lot, and thought the quality was consistent throughout.

Cool... thanks for your comments!

#5 Posted by WadeInLincoln (53 posts) - - Show Bio

The new Batman Beyond series kicks off where Future's End ended....

at least the Tim Drake/Batman aspect of the Future's End storyline.

So far the series is only up to issue 2.

I like it.

#6 Posted by webbcity (113 posts) - - Show Bio

@wadeinlincoln said:

The new Batman Beyond series kicks off where Future's End ended....

at least the Tim Drake/Batman aspect of the Future's End storyline.

So far the series is only up to issue 2.

I like it.

Yeah, I was curious about that...have read about both sides of the Tim Drake/Terry McGinnis debate. Having only read the issues I mentioned above, my knowledge of the character is still pretty limited, but it's intriguing. Maybe I'll check out the new series too.

#7 Posted by derekvang (1519 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know, I wasn't quite too fond of it. Dropped it after 6 issues although it was pretty cool to see Terry back in the DCU again

#8 Posted by webbcity (113 posts) - - Show Bio

@derekvang said:

I don't know, I wasn't quite too fond of it. Dropped it after 6 issues although it was pretty cool to see Terry back in the DCU again

I assume it was the first 6 issues you read?

#9 Posted by derekvang (1519 posts) - - Show Bio

@webbcity said:

@derekvang said:

Well, 7 technically if you count issue #0 but yeah, it just didn't click to me. I gave it a try but it just wasn't for me

#10 Posted by webbcity (113 posts) - - Show Bio

@webbcity said:

@derekvang said:

Well, 7 technically if you count issue #0 but yeah, it just didn't click to me. I gave it a try but it just wasn't for me

Cool...thanks for the feedback. Still not sure if I'm going to wade into the whole series, especially as I just blew my budget on something else, but I'm at least gonna keep an eye on this and maybe get the trades when they're a little cheaper.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.