Follow

DC Comics

Publisher »

Originally known as "National Publications", DC is a publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Justice League of America, and the Teen Titans, and is considered the originator of the American superhero genre. DC, along with rival Marvel Comics, is one of the "big two" American comic book publishers. DC Entertainment is a subsidiary of Warner Brothers and its parent company Warner Media.

Jim Lee and Dan DiDio Reveal Post-Convergence Plan for DC Comics

• 122 results
    gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

Post-Convergence marks a big launch for DC Comics. It’s not the same thing we saw in September 2011. We spoke with several creators on the upcoming new books and creative changes happening in June 2015 and beyond (look for those coming up). To kick things off, co-publishers Jim Lee and Dan DiDio filled us in on the changes and what to expect.

No Caption Provided

JIM LEE: It’s a big launch. I think it differs from what we did four years ago in the New 52. We are sort of updating the line, but selectively. Rather than having 52 books all in the same continuity and really focusing on keeping a universe that is tightly connected and has super-internal consistency and really like one flavor, we’ve really kind of broken it up. We’ll have a core line of twenty-five books that will have that internal consistency that will consist of our best-selling books. The rest of the line of about twenty-four titles will be allowed to really shake things up a little bit. We’re really asking the creators to put stories and characters first and really focus on canon than continuity.

Continuity is where this characters was today and this is where the character was tomorrow. Those are things that sometimes the readership gets too wound up or too concerned about. It starts overshadowing what we’re in the business of doing, which is telling stories. By focusing on canon, which is really the stories that matter, the best stories we tell with these characters, they’ll get elevated. That’s the history we want to create with these characters. It was really weird when we launched the New 52. There were so many fans focused on “Well, what happened between the five years when this character showed up and this character…” it almost overshadowed what the original intent of it was, which was basically put a fresh face on the universe, boldly go forward and tell new stories.

This is an attempt to refocus the line, focus on story, focus on producing great stories that become canon, and let the creators have some freedom to tell those stories without having to necessary be confined by the “resurgence of continuity.” That’s my perspective on it.

DAN DIDIO: I agree with this on so many levels. One of the perfect examples is, you look at things like DARK KNIGHT RETURNS or even KINGDOM COME. These were considered Elseworlds, outside of the normal realm of our storytelling, but those stories were so powerful, they started to work their way into the continuity. They were so motivating and inspiring to the writers that they wanted to take aspects of that and start to branch out for themselves.

The goal for everything we’re doing right now is we still have a shared universe, we still have a shared space where these characters can interact. The main goal is to allow each of these characters to really exist on their own, build their own sense of story, direction, supporting cast, and audience. Once you do that, you have a much stronger foundation for the DC Universe. Ultimately what happens, as you see what works, you can start to bring ideas and concepts together to actually expand the audience and cross-pollinate.

No Caption Provided

We see a lot of growth in what we’re doing now. When you see a book like BLACK CANARY coming out of BATGIRL, there’s a sense that people are getting excited about and we’re building off that. When we see the excitement behind HARLEY QUINN, we brought in the same people on STARFIRE. We want to build on success and build outward to strengthen our overall base. If you get yourself into a ground with event after event, sooner or later, you’re going to be artificially propping up the sales of your books and the line itself because only the event is what’s driving people, not the individual characters. You’re forced to add in more and more things just to attract attention.

The bigger win for us is to be able to rotate the crops a little bit, replant the land, and grow strong characters. That way when we build something else out of it, we have a much stronger base for all of the stories to be told.

If you look back at DC’s history or even comic’s history, most of the characters that exist today, traveling in a group, that wasn’t the case when they were introduced. Every character existed and breathed in his own right. When they crossed over, it was special. What we want to do is make those individual things special again. But we also recognize there’s changes and there’s new readers coming in. One you get a new fan, you want to hold onto them.

What about the Casual Fans?

Jim touched on when a movie or trailer is released, they do see a rise in sales for the collected volumes. TV shows are trickier unless you have a “massive” hit like THE WALKING DEAD. They do have some things in the works in anticipation for Batman v. Superman, Suicide Squad, and the Supergirl TV show.

Dan mentioned it’s more about the material that inspired the shows and movies that catches the attention. The books they put out that are derivative of the TV shows “doesn’t nearly sell as well.”

Back to the June Launch

JIM LEE: I think a big part of the June launch and announcement was really recognition that the audience has changed. It’s more fragmented than it was before. You see a lot more women and girls that are into comics at comic book shops and conventions. Our own studies have shown there’s a lot more people that are looking for a lot more flavors and diversity in our lines than we’re currently doing. We’ve been pretty good about putting out a lot of female-lead books. We’re really good about tackling new issues within the pages of the comic books. I think June is a real line in the sand in which we’re basically saying this is the new DC. This is just the first of many steps that we’ll be taking, trying to address these new audiences and find new ways to grow our business.

PREZ
    PREZ

DAN DIDIO: When we launched the New 52, we knew a percentage of the line would fail or be canceled. This is a natural progression about how we launch a book, how it sells over a period of time, and ultimately how long it stays before it needs to be replaced with another series. But that doesn’t prevent you from trying things. I can tell you what I’ll get out of a Justice League book or a normal Batman book or Superman book. I can’t tell what I’m going to get out of PREZ or BLACK CANARY or any of these things.

Actually, that’s kind of fun. When those things works, that’s what gets us excited. That’s the part that gets me really jazzed. The others ones are built not to fail, these books are built to overachieve. There’s something exciting about that because you put your heart and soul into building a product that you’re not sure you have an audience for. Then when people are excited by it, then you know we’ve done something or addressed something that was needed in the market that wasn’t there beforehand. It gives up the impetus to try more and to take more risks going forward.

Will we see more titles added in July?

DAN DIDIO: What it is, right now some of the titles are actually starting in July. The bulk of them are starting in June. I believe about six of them actually start in July. Then need a little extra time to get settled. You have to remember, we’re in the middle of a move right now. It’s been a daunting task to try to launch this and the staff has gone to great length to take advantage of this. We’re going to be launching books in June, July, several books are miniseries so that will show you there will be a natural progression of how those characters work. If they work, great, we’ll continue with the series. If not, we’ll have other series to replace them down the road. You alway have to be developing something and have something to replace.

JIM LEE: If you look at the slate, there’s this desire to do something new. We’re bringing some new talent. We’re bringing in Gene Luen Yang, who’s taking on SUPERMAN. He’s a National Book Award finalist, he has legion of fans that buy, read, and collect his graphic novels. We’re really thrilled he was a fan of Superman. He and John Romita Jr. are taking the character in new directions, which we can’t share with you right now. It’s something that hasn’t been done, as far as I can tell, in recent decades, so it’s exciting to see the ideas and energy he’s bringing to the table.

We have Ming Doyle who’s kind of know for her Vertigo work. She’s the artist on THE KITCHEN. She’s coming in writing CONSTANTINE: THE HELLBLAZER. She’s also drawing a book as well. So there’s a lot of new talent. Annie Wu’s coming in and drawing BLACK CANARY. Garth Ennis is coming back. I think the last time he was at DC was over ten years ago.

What about the “New 52”?

DAN DIDO: For every BAT-MITE and BIZARRO, there’ll be a SECTION 8 and OMEGA MEN, which will be the hard-hitting side. And we’re going with every shade in between. The interesting thing is this is a lot different for us from when we launched the New 52. We had a catchy title, which I still think is a catchy title, we had different types of groupings we broke it out in, and we went out with a very clear promotion plan and roll outs.

This is different. There is no overarching brand on it. This is the DC Comics, pure and simple. Because it’s DC Comics, we have to literally go out and sell every single title individually. Which is what we want. Every one of these books is it’s own entity. What we’ve done is we’ve created eight page original stories that will be made available free to our fan base in the month of May. These stories will be inside the second month of Convergence monthly titles. At the same time, we’re going to be making them available on the DC website, making it available for free through ComiXology and our other distributors that handle our digital products. Our goal is to get these in as many hands as possible.

No Caption Provided

JIM LEE: The DIVERGENCE Free Comic Book Day offering will have Batman, Superman, and the Justice League 8-page previews. So that’s three of the forty-nine that will be created.

DAN DIDIO: Those would be the continuity-heavy stories. The Batman 8-page will change the status quo of BATMAN, the Superman 8-pager will change the status quo of SUPERMAN, and the Justice League one will set up The Darkseid War.

What were they looking for with the new creators?

JIM LEE: When you are overseeing a line, you have to realize not everything is going to appeal to your own personal taste. I think that’s a challenging part of the job. You have to trust your editors. You hire your editors for their taste, their relationships, their ability to curate content, develop content, and I think they’ve done a masterful job for June. The New 52, when we launched, was a whole different kind of beast. It was more about getting all the trains on time and lining. This one was more about casting the net broadly.

One of the things we’ve done organizationally is, Bobbie Chase, who was an editorial director, we’ve promoted her up to be the V.P. of Talent Development within the company. Her team is tasked with finding new voices, bringing in people that obviously know how to write but maybe haven’t thought about writing in the world of comic books, and bring them into our space. I think that will yield a lot of awesome projects going forward in the future.

Are the twenty-five returning core books encouraged to changed?

DAN DIDIO: We have the change in status quo on SUPERMAN, BATMAN and the JUSTICE LEAGUE storyline. That’s the reason that’s there. In fact, every team was challenged saying, “We have all these new #1s. You have to do something that makes your book stand out. You can’t just sit back and do the same thing. Everyone else is trying to push in new directions. Take the opportunity and do the same thing on the ongoing books too.”

It was mentioned that Batwoman will come back and they may even already be talking to people about it. MIDNIGHTER was not meant to “fill a void.”

Are there any company-wide events planned anytime soon?

DAN DIDIO: …No. [laughs] What it is, we’ve got some major story lines taking place. The Batman story is going to play across the Batman books, the Superman stories will take place across the Superman books. The Justice League story will have some one-shots to help support that. The last thing we want to do is crossover a bunch of books or remove them from the stands while we’re trying to let them grow and form to find their audience. We spoke to the creators and we’re giving everybody some running room to really be able to establish themselves and build some solid series.

June marks new things for DC Comics. Be sure to check out our interviews with several of the new and returning creative teams.

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

"The Batman story is going to play across the Batman books, the Superman stories will take place across the Superman books. The Justice League story will have some one-shots to help support that. The last thing we want to do is crossover a bunch of books or remove them from the stands while we’re trying to let them grow and form to find their audience. We spoke to the creators and we’re giving everybody some running room to really be able to establish themselves and build some solid series"

This is great news

WarDishy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

I like what I hear.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

Battle forum fans re going to have a ton of different versions of characters to keep up with. I'm happy about this news

donmeca2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sounds good to me !!

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

More interviews coming at 12 pm EST/9 am PST.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

LIKING THE DIRECTION DC IS GOING!

GOOD work with all the DC future articles G MAN. CANT WAIT TO READ THEM

~MiB

pingclang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 121

It really pisses me off the way they talk about their fans like they're an inconvenience. We like continuity for the realism it gives to a world of impossibilities. A timeline for us to use in understanding things. I get that that complicates things for writers but aren't they kind of paid because they're talented enough to write, which includes overcoming obstacles? I'm Not in the industry so I'm just an uninformed imbecile so maybe I just don't understand but I find it interesting that you never heard John Byrne or Chris Claremont or even Ed Brubaker bitching about continuity being a problem.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Huh this is kind of confusing in a way but I am glad to hear that there won't be company wide crossovers for a while. The Superman Family books need time to develop their own stories amongst the rest of DC's comics too so I'm glad they're keeping the titles separate. However, I am disappointed by their lack of respect or appreciation for continuity and canon, it's to be expected of Lee and Didio's executive pomp nowadays though. Lineage and history out the window in favour of story or sales. Swings and roundabouts thus far with this news for me.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9 the_stegman  Moderator

I am dropping all my current pull and recreating it once this happens, I'm SO excited for this!

sasquatch888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dc understands what marvel doesn't .....these events have become too frequent have handcuffed some writers ...and often have little to no affect on the heroes ....EVENT FATUIGE .... secret wars will be disappointing ,,,,theres more of a chance that I will be disappointed than pleased ...I know this after reading age of ultron and axis....when was the last time something important just happened in a regular issue ...people talked about that issue or story and you felt compelled to buy it ...now you know the BIG event reveal or death is happening before the issue is out ....no more surprises ...

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Boynerdgeek

@pingclang: DC Continuity as a whole is a mess already. The problem with DC universe from the start is that nobody monitor and manage their universe from the start which is in 1930's/1940's. Meanwhile Marvel Universe from the start and almost more than 70% its characters is created by Stan Lee and/or Jack Kirby. So not much problem involve continuity

-daydream-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the only good news here is there wont be huge events...apart from that they only talked blabla...Marvel kicked the a** of DC sı bad that i think they dont even know what to do about it (i am not a Marvel fanboy i am talking about facts)

RevivalMH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This sounds great. Every character being able to stand on their own and get some character development is what the New 52 should have been. I'm all for crossovers but make them special.

Now, here's hopeing the convergence Shazam series does well and we get a solo title featuring Captain Marvel with Cameron Stewart on art. I would probably squeal out loud.

Avatar image for dennisjmiller19
    DennisJMiller19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Personally, I'm a tad upset that they canceled Supergirl. It doesn't seem like a smart idea, especially with the new TV show coming this fall. Then of coarse, Supergirl fans are always treated like the red headed step child by DC, I should be used to it ;)

pingclang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By pingclang

@boynerdgeek: Thats why Crisis happened. It fixed the continuity issue and established a straight forward lineage and then they took it further with the reset of New 52 but didn't establish it as entirely new or with bits from before which is confusing. I get why they're doing this and I actually agree that all the crossovers are a problem that should stop. I also think that a good writer can tell a story by either A.) Drawing from continuity or B.) Write a good story without drawing from it. It's their choice. I realize they're move worried about crossover continuity which they seem to be addressing correctly. It's all my opinion so I'm obviously wrong to anyone who feels otherwise, but we can all agree that they shouldn't act angry over passionate fans.

Avatar image for manwhohaseverything
    Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Continuity is so overrated IMHO. I read the story and like it or not based on the story in and of itself. I've felt no company should worry about continuity, certainly do not make it a top priority. Let the writers write the story they want for that character.

jjb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DC had something popular, classic, new, and fresh, all at the same time. Since 2011 there nothing but insulting and awful missteps. No change that the New 52 made increased my desire to buy any DC comics. We are a huge DC comics household, and we had to stop buying cold. My kids dislike the new douche emo Superman. He's a loser to them. They also should not be reading about Batman's rough sex on a rooftop with Cat Woman. Also, I think the brilliant and talented Alex Ross said it best, the New 52 "is hard to look at" and I have to agree.

I do not expect DC to understand what made their characters iconic, or for there to be any smart, wise, or enjoyable, changes going on. I have learned that change at DC is never for the better. DC's version of change seems to accomplish the opposite of what they would like to change. Crisis did not simplify, if made things more complex, and each time a major change was made things got worse. The time spent between these changes always included efforts to fix the damage done by editorial mandates that screwed things up.

DC's crisis now is a crisis of management. It's easy to leverage the assets that DC has, and there are far more than DC management realizes. With the original Earth-2 DC had it's cake and ate it too. It did not throw the original history under the bus, they kept it there, and kept it alive and thriving. What DC has done recently was to revive Earth-2, only to remove what made it the interesting, the original DC history. This is so amazingly obvious a mistake that one can easily conclude that it's inspiration could only come from someone who held great dislike for DC and it's readers.

Dan, you are likable, and so is Lee, but unless there horrible directions are coming from someone else and forced on your too, its time to leave and make way for someone else. Since 2011 the damage to the DC brands has to enormous, but hopefully not beyond repair. Worse yet the horrible Superman film was about as enjoyable as Ang Lee's Hulk movie. It insulted the character, the fans, and general move goes. The S symbol can only fool people into buying movie tickets so many times. Nobody wants to watch an incompetent Superman wearing an outfit that looks like it hasn't been washed in the last 20 years. I look at it and imagine it must smell very bad.

Please do something to save DC and it's inspiring icons before they are reduced to nothing more than their logos. We don't need monthly reboots of anything. We need good stories, about the widely varied characters that existed before the New 52.

Thank you, sirs

Avatar image for dadarkknight36310
    dadarkknight36310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@-daydream-: Dude they beat dc because of the Star Wars books and all the gimmick stuff like the female Thor or black captain America. Also how many time did they release 1 issues. Also how many events books have they released. There most consistent book is spider-man but they are messing that up with all these spider characters. They practically killed the x-men another book that was consistently selling.

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

pingclang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@manwhohaseverything: I completely agree that they should. I feel continuity is something to draw from not be hindered by. That's why I listed the a and b choices a couple posts ago. Just don't throw it out.

pingclang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jjb: Telling it like it is. Awesome post.

dotwilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i'm honestly not sure how i feel about this. I currently only pull from DC: Batman, Flash, Detective, Gotham Academy.... i doubt these changes are really gonna effect me.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
    SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

#24  Edited By SaintWildcard

I am dropping all my current pull and recreating it once this happens, I'm SO excited for this!

I've already sort of done this. Luckily with the two weeklies ending, it's opened up a lot of space and I will be buying less a month. Leaving me the option of getting some of the new titles.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

@saint_wildcard: I'm only buying World's End, so once that ends, it'll give me room for at least three extra titles to pick up.

The only stuff that stays on my pull is Batman,Star Wars and JL. Plus a few indies like Saga and Nail biter.

Bl00dwerK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Continuity needs to be in place to keep writers from doing whatever the hell that want...

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

-daydream-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dadarkknight36310: i know, i dont like also what Marvel is doing but even before all these Star Wars or female Thor etc. they still had the biggest market share and i think DC run out of ideas how to close the gap, they are just screwing things up. whenever they decide to change things they change it in the worst way possible

kilowog52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really don't understand what Jim Lee is saying is the difference between continuity and canon. I guess the way I've always understood it is that canon is the adjective form of the noun continuity.

Then he says, "It was really weird when we launched the New 52. There were so many fans focused on “Well, what happened between the five years when this character showed up and this character…” it almost overshadowed what the original intent of it was, which was basically put a fresh face on the universe, boldly go forward and tell new stories." Almost overshadowed? That and several other things completely overshadowed any "attempt to put a fresh face on the universe" because it was done by eliminating all previous continuity, which was an awful idea. Why don't these people get that continuity is an important part of what DC is. And to "boldly go forward" is exactly what they neglected to do when the New 52 started. Instead, they went back to the beginning and started over. For no reason.

Then Dan Didio says, "The goal for everything we’re doing right now is we still have a shared universe, we still have a shared space where these characters can interact." Well, Lee had just said that that line will be severely limited in order to publish miscellaneous titles without putting them in a separate line. So chances are that there won't be nearly enough cohesiveness. And to make matters worse, it appears that those books will continue to be set in New 52 continuity instead of bringing back the real pre-Flashpoint DCU.

Also,Didio's comment on constant events artificially raising sales was rather intelligent, but had nothing to do with what was being discussed at that moment.

DonFelipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

I like the idea of Ming Doyle & Riley Rossmo doing Constantine: The Hellblazer!

Avatar image for deactivated-5cecb3b554104
    deactivated-5cecb3b554104

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 14

@pingclang: Well, maybe Claremont isn't the best example when you look at the state of the X-books, but I agree with you. Joe Quesada criticized Marvel writers of the past for writing "love letters to the past," instead of trying to be innovative.I think one can be innovative without alienating the fan base characters and creators built nearly a century ago.

Admittedly, it does no good to name drop Bob Kane or Joe Simon or any other iconic Golden Age creator's name, because none of them had to deal with the explosion of the comic industry the way publishers and creators do today. They didn't think about licenses or metaplots that affected multiple characters or the whole company. The comic book industry is in a completely new place than it was 70 years ago... 50 years ago... even 10 years ago.

BUT! Reinvention isn't the same thing as innovation, and by frequently changing important aspects of the characters readers have chosen to follow, DC and Marvel are creating products not heroes. To use an analogy, you can change the formula of Coke and Pepsi as often as you like, but eventually, people will realize it's all sugar water and by the even more satisfying off-brand (Image, Dark Horse, Dynamite, BOOM!, et al).

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So much news in one day, so excited

bladewolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batwoman coming back? That's all I needed to hear. So excited!

MiniSaladFresh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I honestly don't care about continuity.

Obviously we can't have huge drastic changes happening from issue to issue with no explanation, but as long as there is a sense of stability (and maybe an occasional callback to an earlier storyline) I couldn't care less about continuity. All I care about is characters and stories, nothing else matters.

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

No Caption Provided

pingclang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@neghead: well said! The Golden age was different since the audience was kids and were written for kids. That Quesada quote disturbs me. I don't like the man but wow that makes it worse. The past is why comics are here. That aside, I think your Pepsi theory is spot on and I see the classic flavors coming back to boost sales just like coke and the "original" formula. Of course I'm probably wrong.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#37  Edited By dernman

Looks like might be dropping DC.

CaptainHoopla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good for DC! They've obviously been seeing what Marvel has been doing and why they keep losing market share. Now they will put their spin on it and hopefully find what works for them. I love they seem to be avoiding events and crossovers for awhile.

Any news if there is going to be a linewide price increase to $3.99? I've noticed all of the Convergence books are.

Bl00dwerK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g_man said:

@bl00dwerk: That's what the editors are for.

What do the editors go by, then?

Synack1138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Synack1138

DC I love you but I'm not sure about the new line. I"ll give the new titles a chance of course but I'm not seeing much for my taste. I want to be surprised but we'll see. I would have liked new creative teams on established books like Wonder Woman Aquman, or Green Arrow. These books have been in a creative slumps after having strong runs.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@lvenger said:

Huh this is kind of confusing in a way but I am glad to hear that there won't be company wide crossovers for a while. The Superman Family books need time to develop their own stories amongst the rest of DC's comics too so I'm glad they're keeping the titles separate. However, I am disappointed by their lack of respect or appreciation for continuity and canon, it's to be expected of Lee and Didio's executive pomp nowadays though. Lineage and history out the window in favour of story or sales. Swings and roundabouts thus far with this news for me.

Yeah it does all sound good but the start of this interview sounds like "it's the fans fault the New 52 wasn't that great".

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Casshern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love how Wonder Woman is the third wheel of unimportance.

Maddpanda531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meh. Not a fan of this idea.

Synack1138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Synack1138
    Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

I'll wait till I see it actually working, my faith in what Didio says is next to zero.

apokos7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I am honestly thrilled and I can't wait for June to come!

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@synack1138: Green Arrow is getting a new creative team.

Synack1138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Synack1138

@mrtummytumms: Ben Percy is unproven. His detective story was ok. His green arrow could go either way. I should say instead of new I should have said established or proven

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#50  Edited By Lvenger
    @jonny_anonymous said:

@lvenger said:

Yeah it does all sound good but the start of this interview sounds like "it's the fans fault the New 52 wasn't that great".

Oh I totally agree there. After I made my comment, I flicked back through the interview and realised Lee's passive aggressive insult towards the fanbase for not being receptive to the New 52. It's not like it was DC's fault for leaving the 5 year history gap ambiguous and unclear right? Oh wait....

This sounds good for you though, more niche diversity and appeal to specific genres, I recall this being more your comic preference than the bread and butter superhero stuff I'm more into. Still, I've got interests in a few more of DC's comics so I don't think I'm done with DC yet.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.