Follow

DC Comics

Publisher »

Originally known as "National Publications", DC is a publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Justice League of America, and the Teen Titans, and is considered the originator of the American superhero genre. DC, along with rival Marvel Comics, is one of the "big two" American comic book publishers. DC Entertainment is a subsidiary of Warner Brothers and its parent company Warner Media.

Is any of DC/MARVEL crossovers canon ?

ArkhamWrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I read at wikipedia that it is JLA/Avengers canon crossover... but is it right ?

Not actually universe vs universe... e.g. - Batman vs Punisher, Superman vs Incredible Hulk... or sth :)

Avatar image for doctor_wheatley
    Doctor_Wheatley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No.

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JLA/Avengers was canon due to references on both sides. But DC rebooted, BUT the upcoming storyline convergence implies that pre-52 universe still exist so I believe it's still canon just not for the new 52.

Avatar image for BappyRonChantin
    BappyRonChantin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

JLA/Averngers was supposed to be canon.

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

User Lists: 1

I don't know if DC Vs. Marvel was supposed to be cannon, but I thought it was interesting that Joker made a reference to Batman and Spider-man meeting before saying something like, "Am I the only one who remembers this?" which I thought was a cute nod to a different Batman/Spiderman crossover.

I haven't read those comics in a decade, so I might be a bit off, but there was some conversation along those lines.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

No. DC fans would riot if THOR and Cap won a canon fight.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 the_stegman  Moderator

JLA/Avengers was.

segamarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By segamarvel

Yeah....pretty sure there's enough references and hints to say it was totally canon. Axis even made an appearance in Green lantern issue 87. Him just being there confirms the crossover is canon. "maybe that guy on the surf board". Gee. I wonder who he could be talking about? (Sarcasm) Spoiler alert. It's Silver Surfer. Green lantern had a crossover with him in the 90s. Kronos and the cosmic egg are mentioned multiple times in the Trinity series and the crossover is mentioned in many characters bios from the handbooks.

Nucleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Nucleon

@the_stegman: Nah, I don't believe it is - good thing too, as this arc was terrible.

What references there are here and there in various Marvel characters files afterwards are rather oriented towards the Avengers' encounter with the Squadron Supreme (one of Marvel's take on the JLA), which took place in some Avenger issue before (an Annual IIRC), rather than with the JLA - I was collecting both at the time.

Avatar image for homelandersweak
    Homelandersweak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.