Follow

DC Comics

Publisher »

Originally known as "National Publications", DC is a publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Justice League of America, and the Teen Titans, and is considered the originator of the American superhero genre. DC, along with rival Marvel Comics, is one of the "big two" American comic book publishers. DC Entertainment is a subsidiary of Warner Brothers and its parent company Warner Media.

Infinite Crisis, Countdown, etc

J Rex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By J Rex

Can someone please explain to me, in the simplest terms possible, the whole Infinite Crisis/countdown/one year later thing. I'm confused :(

J Rex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By J Rex

how it all ties in and where it may be going, easy enough :)

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By Darkchild

IC-Super Boy Prime go crazy kill lots of people gets imprisoned

One year later-depicts the year after the 52 happenings.

Countdown- im still wondering i havnt read any of it lol

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Nighthunter

what do you want to know?

J Rex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By J Rex

thanks! I'm actually starting backwards, with Countdown. I know Salvation Run ties in but I'm completely lost as to what's going on

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Darkchild

i dont think u need to worry bout Run

J Rex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By J Rex

Darkchild says:

"i dont think u need to worry bout Run"

yeah, i'm just trying to see where it fits in, but im sure this margarita is helping with my confusion :)

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Nighthunter

ok it all started in 1985 with the crisis on infinite earths, before that crisis there was a multverse, the anti-monitor destroyed it and left just one new earth that had elements of diferent earths. There were survivors that were erased from history so they went into exile, this ones were Superman and Lois Lane from earth-2, alexander prime from earth-3 and superboy prime

in 2006 Infinite Crisis, the villains united, the trinity broke up, the magic was broken and the survivors decided to make things better because they didn't like all bad things that happened in that new earth. In the end Superman lost his powers (temporary), Batman went in the same trip que did to become batman along nightwing and robin and Wonder woman tries to find out who she really is.

After that every comic book jumps one year later in continuity to make big changes (there's a new catwoman, green arrow is a major, etc)

After that we see the weekly series 52 in this story (highly recommended) we see in real time how the DC universe had to rebuild without the trinity.

Just after 52 finished we were presented a new weekly comic called countdown, this one is in real continuity and involves what will happen this year for the DCU.

When countdown reached #26 his name was changed to countdown to final crisis showing where that was going. In this story we've seen Mary Marvel getting the powers of black adam, a team-up from Kyle Rayner, Donna Troy and Jason Todd in the multiverse to find ray palmer, etc.

Final Crisis-Wait for may

J Rex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By J Rex

thank you! I'll check out 52. It may help piece a few more things together. I dont know, I'm kind of getting tied of these multi character/issue arc. I kind of yearn for the days when an arc lasted 3 issues max, haha.

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Nighthunter

J Rex says:

"thank you! I'll check out 52. It may help piece a few more things together. I dont know, I'm kind of getting tied of these multi character/issue arc. I kind of yearn for the days when an arc lasted 3 issues max, haha. "

52 is incredibly awesom, look for the tps there are 4

I can't believe that someone did such a great work in a weekly comic

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Darkchild

Nighthunter says:

"J Rex says:
    "thank you! I'll check out 52. It may help piece a few more things together. I dont know, I'm kind of getting tied of these multi character/issue arc. I kind of yearn for the days when an arc lasted 3 issues max, haha. "

I can't believe that someone did such a great work in a weekly comic"

monthly

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Nighthunter

Darkchild says:

"Nighthunter says:
    "J Rex says:

I can't believe that someone did such a great work in a weekly comic"

monthly"

52 was a weekly series

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By lordraiden

quick rundown: when infinite crises hit, you found out that the manipulators of everything leading upto infinite crises was alexander luthor, superboy-prime (at the time, as he's superman-prime now, for different reasons all together, nothing to do with comics, but legality) and to a very, very small extent, earth-2 superman! meaning that prime and alex luthor were behing the rann/thannagar war, omac, day of vengeance, etc! and what they were building up to was infinite crises, which was to restart the multiple earths/universe, to get out of there purgatory/shit hole they got stuck in after the original crises, and start up and find there original earths, since they thought the earth and superheroes that started of after the original crises and watched it grow turned to crap and realized (in their own opinion, they'd made a mistake! so infinite crises was basically bout alexander luthor and superboy-prime from pre-crises continuity trying to start up the multiverse again in current continuity! if any of that makes sense! one year later was the dcu universe dealing with the repercussions of infinite crises and the fact that the big three, supes, bats and wonderwoman, weren't around! so it was kind of a fresh start for the dcu and the superheroes!

J Rex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By J Rex

lordraiden says:

"quick rundown: when infinite crises hit, you found out that the manipulators of everything leading upto infinite crises was alexander luthor, superboy-prime (at the time, as he's superman-prime now, for different reasons all together, nothing to do with comics, but legality) and to a very, very small extent, earth-2 superman! meaning that prime and alex luthor were behing the rann/thannagar war, omac, day of vengeance, etc! and what they were building up to was infinite crises, which was to restart the multiple earths/universe, to get out of there purgatory/shit hole they got stuck in after the original crises, and start up and find there original earths, since they thought the earth and superheroes that started of after the original crises and watched it grow turned to crap and realized (in their own opinion, they'd made a mistake! so infinite crises was basically bout alexander luthor and superboy-prime from pre-crises continuity trying to start up the multiverse again in current continuity! if any of that makes sense! one year later was the dcu universe dealing with the repercussions of infinite crises and the fact that the big three, supes, bats and wonderwoman, weren't around! so it was kind of a fresh start for the dcu and the superheroes!"

haha wow thanks! it's just as confusing as i thought, lol

Dirk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#15  Edited By Dirk

I thought 52 was a good run. I enjoyed most of the story lines running through it especially about Black Adam. There were a ton of spin offs. I liked The Secret Six, Black Adam and WWIII minis the best. The WWIII is the end of 52. You need to read that one, it gets refered to off and on in quite a few other books.

I tried to read Countdown but lost interest. They raised the price of the weekly book and it wasn't nearly as good as 52. There was pretty much no progress with anything and I stopped reading mostly because I thought it was boring (or I just didn't care about the characters). I picked up a few of the recent books and thought it was "better" but definitely not good. If something really big happens I might look for them in the bargain bin.

Avatar image for flash_is_the_best
    Flash Is The Best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There Is a rumor goin around saying that in Final Crisis#2 someone from the dead will be brought back to life. who do u think it is? i heard Barry Allen. but i dont think he will return ever again.

Mighty Thorion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 34

#17  Edited By Mighty Thorion

Flash Is The Best says:

"There Is a rumor goin around saying that in Final Crisis#2 someone from the dead will be brought back to life. who do u think it is? i heard Barry Allen. but i dont think he will return ever again."

I loved the Barry Allen / Flash series, but I hate the way comic companies keep bringing back "dead" characters. So although I was sad to see Barry go back in the original Crisis, I now recognise his time is passed, and hope for once a major company has the balls to leave a dead character dead.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.