how powerful is martian manhunter's telepathy?

#1 Posted by martinceld (1257 posts) - - Show Bio

How powerful is MM's telepathy? I've seen in a lot of threads making him to be one of the most powerful telepaths in the comic world. Maybe some scans or feats please :D and it can be pre 52 or current 52 MM

#2 Posted by cameron83 (8548 posts) - - Show Bio

He's one of the most powerful in DC....lol that's all I know

#4 Posted by kidchipotle (15763 posts) - - Show Bio

He's one of the most powerful in the entire DCU, probably the DCnU too since he was the only one to survive the Mars telepathy virus genocide (which is a horrible new origin in my opinion)

#5 Posted by lightsout (1886 posts) - - Show Bio

@arturocalakayvee: I agree with the opinion under the black. I read his original solo series not long ago & the new52 ruined it. Another feat (though predicated on a pre-52 status I don't have the feats to back up) that puts him at the top, he mind-raped Despero in an instant, and pre-52 Despero was the only telepath in the universe who was more powerful than MM.

#6 Edited by kidchipotle (15763 posts) - - Show Bio

@lightsout: Wow, now that you mention that, that went right over my head when I originally read it. That actually makes me really mad that they did that. I take my uncertainty back in my previous post about MM's status in the DCnU. His power has been multiplied tenfold it seems since Pre-52.

#7 Posted by lightsout (1886 posts) - - Show Bio

@arturocalakayvee: I agree. Love me some MM but that move was made with no logic whatsoever. MM didn't need to be THAT powerful, he was already among the DC elite. And it was also insulting to...the victim of the attack, who is normally a team-level threat.

#8 Posted by kidchipotle (15763 posts) - - Show Bio

@lightsout: I agree. I think they went this route though because even though J'onn was a DC elite in the pre-52, he was still kind of a major joke to a lot, at least from my perspective. He always seemed to be so easily defeated despite supposedly being as powerful, if not more, than Superman. So, like Aquaman, the DCnU was a way to make him a serious threat. They just kind of went over board with him.

#9 Posted by lightsout (1886 posts) - - Show Bio

@arturocalakayvee: They could have started by just not making him job all the time, lol. (Though it is difficult to write him because he is so powerful). Aquaman didn't really get powered up though, just written as more of a bad-ass. If they didn't want Jonn in battle all the time, they should have just had him be the "back at the base" guy like he often was in JL/JLU.

#10 Posted by dbatdog (550 posts) - - Show Bio

powerful enough to wipe out the minds of other people...I'm not sure he's in the Phoenix level though

#11 Edited by lightsout (1886 posts) - - Show Bio

That 2nd link (the one not just new52) has a TON of feats. One I just recall off-hand is that he was connected to every mind on earth at once.

Avatar image for martianmanhunterisbetterthancy
#12 Edited by MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg (2452 posts) - - Show Bio

He's the most powerful

#13 Posted by Superbat420 (281 posts) - - Show Bio

It's like they want him to be the most powerful, and he doesn't really serve a purpose in the new 52 besides team hopping

#14 Posted by ComicStooge (22063 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by martinceld (1257 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh wow...apparently he's one of the top dogs in the DCU. I've only followed him through JL/JLU, young justice cartoons, and the JL movies, he is portrayed so badly in them LOL his telepathy never amounted to much in them except for some mind reading

#16 Edited by KingOfKings1 (2092 posts) - - Show Bio

powerful enough to enter spectre's mind even thought it's PIS .

#17 Posted by barryallen23 (183 posts) - - Show Bio

very powerful but still cant read flashs mind since he thinks to fast

#18 Posted by Batman1130 (1464 posts) - - Show Bio

He once searched the minds of everyone on earth in a couple of seconds. He has also spoken with other JL members via telepathy sometimes without their permission. I'm on my phone so I don't have scans right now but he is undoubtedly one of the most powerful telepaths in DC

#19 Posted by TheHercules (934 posts) - - Show Bio

very powerful but still cant read flashs mind since he thinks to fast

He already did it.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.