Follow

DC Comics

Publisher »

Originally known as "National Publications", DC is a publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Justice League of America, and the Teen Titans, and is considered the originator of the American superhero genre. DC, along with rival Marvel Comics, is one of the "big two" American comic book publishers. DC Entertainment is a subsidiary of Warner Brothers and its parent company Warner Media.

Has Wonder Woman Ever Beat Superman?

France Lastro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By France Lastro

Has Wonder Woman ever beat Superman?....Modern WW and Supes preferably and in what issue or arc?

Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
    Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

I think she beat him when he was controlled by Max Lord

France Lastro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By France Lastro

Anyzing else?

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Apparition
    @Emperor Gonzo Noir said:
    " I think she beat him when he was controlled by Max Lord "
    not really.  she left that fight before it was finished to go kill lord.
    The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By The_Ghostshell

She could have killed him in that fight had she wanted to. There are several cases in which she's defeated Superman. Some he's been under the control of someone else, others not. Depends on the story, PIS, CIS, etc etc. I'll dig up some scans later.

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By shanana

No Caption Provided

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SUNMAN

Yea she has done it before, they have both been written with the potential to take the other one out. 

Diana has magic on her side, and it is debatable whether she is faster in her reaction speed.

IMO supes is physically stronger and a little more durable.
    France Lastro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By France Lastro

Thanx everyone all the scans and info is GREATLY appreciated !

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By King_Saturn
    Diana has beaten Kal El on a occasion or two...
    Avatar image for incredible_hulk_prime
    Incredible Hulk-Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Yup Wonder Woman did fight Superman on occasions.

Calvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By Calvin
    @Sha said:
    "
    No Caption Provided
    "
    She has beated Superman but not in that story arc. She didn't get to stoped him. I think she was holding herself in this particular plot.
    Avatar image for supermandefender
    supermandefender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By supermandefender

Superman has always over powered Diana easily if he wished. Superman has held back against Diana the only time she really felt his his power was in the Maxwell arch. Called Superman Sacrifice....where Superman almost killed Batman thinking he was Darkseid and Almost did the same to Wonder Woman thinking she was Doomsday. In the comic she fear for her life twice. I dont really call that win but she was able to cut his throat. 
     In fact Superman nearly killed...she was running for her life in the comic just barely doging the fatal attacks. Superman knocked her from the Sun all the way back to earth in 1 punch. And broke her wrist just by grabbing it. She even used kryptonite and it failed. So I dont really call it a win.She did manage to run from him and cut his throat. 
    The rest of there battles Superman is holding back for Dianas sake.

Avatar image for supermandefender
    supermandefender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By supermandefender
    @Sha:  This picture was from Superman for Tomorrow. Good comic but Wonder Woman didnt make alot of sense fighting him there I understood wanting to reason with a man wanting to commit suicide but she threaten to kill him to prevent him from trying to do something that they thought would kill him. lol its kinda like uhh? 
    They just wanted to make up a reason to have wonder woman and Superman fight but come on!!!
    Batcrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Batcrow

Uhh..she was holding back because she did not want to hurt Superman. She did not want to fight her friend so she withstood his attacks. She got punched all the way from the Sun to the Earth by Superman's full force yet got up within few seconds. She even admitted that defeating him was not her intention, can't you tell? She sent birds to distract him while she found a way to stop all the fighting before any damage was done. So holding back makes Superman a huge hero, but in Diana's case it makes her an incompetent little girl? I'm not pointing at anyone, it's just what I generally hear across different forums and boards and sites. It's weird. Of course, some people have the idea of SuperMAN stuck in their head so I can't do anything.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#15  Edited By dernman

Wonder Woman is the better fighter.
    Superman is stronger.
    Superman is invulnerable
    Wonder Woman isn't invulnerable but highly durable.
    Superman flies faster (Wonder Woman flies by wind power)
    It is unknown if her moments are as fast as superman. she should be because she has the speed of Hermes but they never really show it.
     Wonder Woman has the lasso of truth. If she gets that around Super man she wins.
    I don't know how Wonder Woman's high durability would be effected by Superman's heat vision. If its not much help then shes in trouble because she couldn't use her bracelets. The heat vision would just heat them up burning her anyway.

I don't know how much help her power coming from magic would help her. Although powered by magic does it mean your getting hit by magic?
    Like if your getting hit by a robot your not getting hit by the energy that powers it. Your getting hit by the metal fist.
    I say superman wins if he can stay unlassoed.

But you didn't ask about any of that.
    You asked if Wonder Woman ever beat Superman and  I just wasted both of our times.
    I'm going to go now.

Batcrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Batcrow
    @Dernman: Wonder Woman is nigh-invulnerable but her physical defence doesn't extend to sharp objects. That is why she has INDESTRUCTIBLE bracelets. They cannot even altered by cosmic energy, much less melted by heat. PS. She has sisterhood with fire, which gives her extra defence against heat/fire. And yes, she can shoot Zeus' magic lightning from her bracelets too. And she has better reflexes, due to being trained as a warrior from birth.
    Superguy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batcrow: She only barely held back, Superman mostly owned her. She didn't withstand his attacks well, a full force punch and she blacked out. Another punch like that would nearly kill her. And Superman wasn't trying to kill or defeat her yet, he only wanted to make her suffer. And Max even stated the next time hell kill batman, or lois, or you. So Max even said Superman would kill Wonder woman next time. So that means Superman wanted to he could kill Wonderwoman. Max stated the next time you won't stand a chance.

Theanalyser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bumpty pump a bump

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes she has and yes she can though he can defeat her as well depending on the scenario

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 114

No Caption Provided

MockingJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By MockingJ

@superguy24: dude judging by your name it would be pointless to say anything against supes lmao ! But the truth lies on the internet ! Wonder woman withstood the most powerful punch from the Goddess of distruction Pele ! If you dont know, one punch from pele can send superman across the galaxy for eternity lmao ! One punch from superman and she blacked out ? Y'all only have tower of babble and Superman/Batman #15 to prove diana is no match for superman?! Superman punched diana until she hit the earth yet she stood right after few seconds !who brought this bs idea that superman can kill wonder woman (a demi-god with God killer weapons and years of experience in fighting and power almost on par with superman) with two punches ? Max? Since when we believe in what that lunetic says ? Raw strength isn't everything ! Y'all forgetting Diana is the best warrior and all kryptonians know is to throw punches! Remember Diana has defeated Supergirl and powergirl both equal in strength to superman what now ?

( They are females so they don't count ?) ! She has defeated him numerous times ! Like it or not And dont give me " he was holding back bs " coz he himself stated he would no longer hold back and still Diana almost killed him if she wasn't stopped by the rest (Injustice: Year Four #9) also have y'all forgotten how she went on against doomsday superman ? Who was even more powerful than Superman's normal form ? If she takes those braclets of commission out which she wont since she has a big heart and fights with honor! it's gonna be game over for superman they both have defeated each other in different comics ! So who would be the real winner is a question that can only be answered the moment we actually witness them in a fight ! but yea superduper fans have super irational fanboys, put him against God they'd be like God ain't no match for superman lmao !

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.