Grant Morrison's The Multiversity Discussion Thread

• 93 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
#51 Posted by deactivated-5c901e667a76c (36557 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't originally have any interest in this, but I picked up a copy today (that's the third time this year something like that has happened to me).

I'll give it a read tomorrow.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
#52 Edited by ShadowSwordmaster (19973 posts) - - Show Bio

@xwraith: I have to warn you that, it is weird and crazy.

#53 Edited by deactivated-5c901e667a76c (36557 posts) - - Show Bio
#54 Posted by ShadowSwordmaster (19973 posts) - - Show Bio

@xwraith said:

@shadowswordmaster: Even more than DnA's Guardians and FLCL?

How about Dino Cop and Captain Carrot crazy , with a side music ship on it.

#55 Posted by deactivated-5c901e667a76c (36557 posts) - - Show Bio

@xwraith said:

@shadowswordmaster: Even more than DnA's Guardians and FLCL?

How about Dino Cop and Captain Carrot crazy , with a side music ship on it.

That could either be the worst or best thing ever.

But I trust Morrison to make it the latter.

#56 Edited by ShadowSwordmaster (19973 posts) - - Show Bio
#57 Posted by mogo1 (262 posts) - - Show Bio
#58 Posted by ShadowSwordmaster (19973 posts) - - Show Bio
#59 Posted by Hanson724 (607 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't read much Morrison and I was going to pass this up but when I got to the lcs all the hype got the better of me ( like it usually does) and I grabbed a copy. Can't wait to get home to read it.

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
#60 Edited by darknightspideyfanboy (2623 posts) - - Show Bio
Loading Video...

#61 Posted by dagmar_merrill (12701 posts) - - Show Bio

@mogo1: There won't be any tie ins. :)

#62 Edited by RustyRoy (16610 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

Loved this issue, it exceeded my expectations.

#63 Posted by RustyRoy (16610 posts) - - Show Bio
#64 Edited by deactivated-5c901e667a76c (36557 posts) - - Show Bio

So I finally read issue 1 today. I actually didn't find it as strange as I expected. And the Marvel analogs were hilarious.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
#65 Posted by deactivated-097092725 (10555 posts) - - Show Bio

@ms-lola: I saw Asgard mentioned...

I just read the first issue and to be honest, I think I need to read it a second time to get all the references to Marvel, haha (I'm going to take a look at the YouTube video provided). I am going to have nightmares of "Bunny Bash" for a while.

#66 Posted by ruckus24 (178 posts) - - Show Bio

So I finally got to read all of Multiversity #1 and it was even more mind blowingly awesome than I expected, (and it's Grant Morrison so I expected a lot.) I just had one tiny little problem with it. There's a scene where President Superman has to meet one of his Generals and the Air Force 1 security staff aboard the plane which is clearly already in flight. There's even a cool panel with the Superman flight streak catching up to Air Force 1 in mid air. My question is, "How does he get into the plane without the whole tube decompressing and everybody flying out the windows and whatnot? In fact, in the following panel he's discussing his 'power nap' with his assistant and presumably no one is any the wiser." Did this bother anybody else or am I the only one nit-picky enough to have caught this?

#67 Posted by magicman411 (36 posts) - - Show Bio

Can anybody help me understand if this is a series or whatever? Is there going to be a Multiversity issue #2? I read the first issue and i found it very interesting but i just have no idea which issues to get next if i wanna continue reading?

#68 Posted by SmashBrawler (6033 posts) - - Show Bio

@ruckus24: Actually, in real life if you were to open a hole in an airplane you wouldn't have everyone and everything inside the airplane being violently sucked outside since that would require a pretty massive hole and for those people to be standing right next to it.

@magicman411: Multiversity is basically a series of 6 one-shots and 2 bookend issues, Multiversity #1 being the first of these bookend issues. The one-shots are:

• The Society of Super-Heroes (Earth-20)
  • The Just (Earth-16)
  • Pax Americana (Earth-4)
  • Thunderworld (Earth-5)
  • The Master Men (Earth-10)
  • Ultra Comics (Earth-33/Earth-Prime)
#69 Edited by Fallingcliffs (5727 posts) - - Show Bio

This series looks amazing, I can't wait til the official "Multiversity companion" comes out that is said to help, anyone know when that's supposed to come out? I just read later this year.

BTW, my thoughts on my WISH for other Alternate Earth's since DC owns the rights to write these other universes now with WB owning DC, other franchises etc too:

While I know it's probably unlikely but I'd love for them to make 7 of the alternate Earths(doesn't matter which number one that's not done yet) but since WB owns DC and DC has the rights to do the comics, I'd LOVE to see the following as Alternate Earth's in Multiversity:

Earth from Masters of the Universe-I know they've done a few crossovers already, one recently like with MK so instead of "super heroes" why not He-Man etc protecting Earth in that Universe.

Injustice Earth alternate(since the main Earth is really Earth 1 or N52 based Earth the one that fights Evil Superman ) have the second corrupted Earth there the actual Injustice Superman dictator Earth.

Earth from Watchmen Universe-An Earth where only really one person with powers and that's Dr. Manhattan, and the rest of the Minutemen, Watchmen protect Earth. Sure it's one of the few without any "super heroes" per-se but more vigilantes but it would work well. Plus who wouldn't want to see Rorshach take on Batman? Yes, I know Batman would most likely win but still.

Earth from Mortal Kombat Universe-This I would love to see, an Earth were perhaps no "super heroes" but much like Watchmen, they have other means of protection via MK super humans, metahumans etc and Raiden defending Earthrealm from outside threats, plus they had a crossover with DCU so why the hell not? It could be an Alternate Universe Earth for sure.

Earth from Smallville Universe-This just makes sense I mean come on! Plus they never really said Smallville is Earth 9 or Earth 1, some assume it's one but IDK I'd love to see this Universe get involved. Hell they even had the monitors recently and ironically currently Clark and Lois are lost on some other alternate Earth where Lois hooked up with Mr. Majestic via the bleed in the last issue called "Chaos".

Earth from V Universe-Who doesn't want to see this Earth?

Earth from Silver Age Universe-This would fit so well since it was so different compared to comics now.

Would be awesome, because afterall there can't be a "Justice League" on EVERY earth, MK would have their defenders, MOTU would have He-Man etc defenders, Watchmen the Watchmen, Smallville Clark and his Watch Tower team etc, etc.

#70 Edited by ruckus24 (178 posts) - - Show Bio

@smashbrawler: No, I get that. I was being hyperbolic. It's just that... if you depressurize a plane in mid flight, especially if you open up a hole large enough for a man to easily get through, everybody's gonna know. Just sayin'.

#71 Posted by magicman411 (36 posts) - - Show Bio

@smashbrawler: So would you suggest getting the one shots in order to get the full experience before the 2nd bookend?

#72 Posted by SmashBrawler (6033 posts) - - Show Bio

@ruckus24: You do have a point, but it's such a minor moment I don't care either way :P

@magicman411: The one-shots are as much part of the series as the bookend issues so yes, I would recommend reading them as well.

#73 Edited by LarryAshlynn (1305 posts) - - Show Bio

I read it. I loved it.

#74 Posted by KaraZor-el (1800 posts) - - Show Bio

Its interesting that the marvel earths were the first to get wrecked

#75 Posted by ShadowSwordmaster (19973 posts) - - Show Bio

Its interesting that the marvel earths were the first to get wrecked

I laugh at that part actually.

#76 Posted by dagmar_merrill (12701 posts) - - Show Bio
#77 Edited by SmashBrawler (6033 posts) - - Show Bio
#78 Edited by dagmar_merrill (12701 posts) - - Show Bio

@smashbrawler: I really like Alexis' dialogue, really did remind me of Lex's.

Edit: I know that's the point but it felt noteworthy to me.

#79 Posted by ShadowSwordmaster (19973 posts) - - Show Bio

@dagmar_merrill: That is some preview and again that Hunted Comic is brought up again.I know that there will be an actual comic coming up for it.

#80 Posted by SmashBrawler (6033 posts) - - Show Bio
#81 Edited by PapiNacho (3396 posts) - - Show Bio

@smashbrawler: Wonder no more my friend, of course it does.

Edit - I like to think Morrison saw Geoff script and thought Bruce/Luthor would be hilarious.

#82 Posted by RustyRoy (16610 posts) - - Show Bio
#83 Posted by JJ_Was_Here (513 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh man this issue made me so angry...

#84 Posted by dagmar_merrill (12701 posts) - - Show Bio
#85 Posted by JJ_Was_Here (513 posts) - - Show Bio

@dagmar_merrill: Because it really captured the attitude of today's youth. Ugh, selfies...

#86 Edited by dagmar_merrill (12701 posts) - - Show Bio
#87 Posted by JJ_Was_Here (513 posts) - - Show Bio

@dagmar_merrill: Oh yeah, this series is crazy. I really want to see how the Ultra Comics one plays out. So far I feel pretty engrossed in it. Like if all does not go well we will know it and feel it in the real world. Obviously that won't happen, but it's got that feeling.

Avatar image for youknowwhattodo
#88 Edited by youknowwhattodo (2196 posts) - - Show Bio

The issue was great but the only thing that made me mad was that Donna Troy was mentioned in the solicit as though she was going to make her debut in the issue (CV even showed she was going to be on there before today) and she wasn't in the issue. It's not major but it was the only disappointment.

#89 Posted by dagmar_merrill (12701 posts) - - Show Bio

Loved the issue! I'll have a review up later on it

#90 Posted by dagmar_merrill (12701 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
#91 Posted by darknightspideyfanboy (2623 posts) - - Show Bio
Loading Video...

#92 Posted by batmite1995 (423 posts) - - Show Bio

I am confused can somebody tell me if earth 12 is dcau/diniverse??

#93 Edited by AaronAgassi (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Earth Prime is a plasma universe.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.