Follow

DC Comics

Publisher »

Originally known as "National Publications", DC is a publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Justice League of America, and the Teen Titans, and is considered the originator of the American superhero genre. DC, along with rival Marvel Comics, is one of the "big two" American comic book publishers. DC Entertainment is a subsidiary of Warner Brothers and its parent company Warner Media.

Do you like rebirth?

BatDad87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So what does everyone think of rebirth so far? I personally think it's been awesome so far especially batman and detective comics.

apokos7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I agree, so far Rebirth is amazing. Most titles have been great and some even better than that.

BatDad87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They've really been killing it on the writing and the artwork I'm interested to see where they all lead.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hell yeah

Rainshadow777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Rainshadow777

I've only read the Rebirth one-shots at this point. I'm going to read trades of Batman, Superman, Justice League, Green Lanterns, Aquaman, Wonder Woman, The Flash and maybe Titans if people rave enough about it by the time the first trade comes out. I can't sustain all these titles through regular issues. I also prefer trades for a number of other reasons.

I'm completely psyched for Rebirth though, as you can probably tell.

How many titles, and which ones, are people reading?

BatDad87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm actually following at least all the main characters right now haven't gotten to the side or spinoff characters yet.

apokos7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rainshadow777 said:

How many titles, and which ones, are people reading?

I'm reading almost everything. I'll try to categorize them from personal most to least favorites.

Top books:

• Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps
    • Action Comics
    • Superman
    • Batman
    • Aquaman

Great books:

• Justice League
    • Titans
    • Detective Comics
    • New Super-Man

Good books:

• Green Arrow
    • The Flash
    • Wonder Woman

OK books:

• Green Lanterns
    • Nightwing
    • Batgirl and the Birds of Prey

Dropped book:

• The Hellblazer

Bonus: Most anticipated upcoming books:

• Cyborg
    • Trinity
    • All-Star Batman
    • Superwoman
    • Suicide Squad
    • Blue Beetle
    • Deathstroke

And of course that JLA mystery title that is supposed to be born out of another book's plot-lines. I'm willing to provide additional details of my categorization if anyone is interested, as well as thoughts on individual titles.

BatDad87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They discontinued hell blazer already?

apokos7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batdad87: No, it's still going on. It's just that I didn't like it and removed it from my pull list.

Avatar image for thecapeddetective
    TheCapedDetective

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Been amazing so far

deathstroke52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Yeah man.

footix_a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

loving Rebirth, very fresh and interesting. best one is Aquaman, but also Wonder Woman #2 (year one) was amazing.

Rainshadow777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Rainshadow777

@apokos7: This is amazing. Are you buying these as physical copies or are they digital? You must be outlaying a lot of money in all this. If they are physical, how are you storing them?

apokos7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rainshadow777: Unfortunately, they are digital. When the collected editions are out, I replace my top/great books with physical hardbacks/deluxe editions/omnibi. I do have several single issues in physical form though, and they are in boxes in my parent's basement.

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, Rebirth has been great so far.

Rainshadow777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@apokos7: Ok cool, that makes sense. You're a machine, reading all those titles. Do you care to explain why you're enjoying Hal Jordan so much more than Simon Baz/Jess Cruz? I hate the idea of reading one and not the other as I feel they're going to complement each other really well, but I need to keep costs down. I didn't even buy the Rebirth one-shot for Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps, and I think I might have made a mistake... Although I love Green Lanterns.

apokos7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By apokos7
    @rainshadow777 said:

@apokos7: Ok cool, that makes sense. You're a machine, reading all those titles. Do you care to explain why you're enjoying Hal Jordan so much more than Simon Baz/Jess Cruz? I hate the idea of reading one and not the other as I feel they're going to complement each other really well, but I need to keep costs down. I didn't even buy the Rebirth one-shot for Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps, and I think I might have made a mistake... Although I love Green Lanterns.

Haha, thanks. It helps having no social skills whatsoever and what I do all day is basically read comics and play video games... and make some money to afford those.

Keep in mind that it's a bit too early and the titles haven't found their footing yet, also Simon/Jessica have two more issues than Hal so it's a bit unfair to compare them as of today. Now, Green Lanterns Rebirth was an issue I really enjoyed. It did a great job at introducing the players and setting up the book. Sadly, I've found myself enjoying it a bit less with every passing issue. It also tries to shoehorn a lot of humor most of which is kind of cringe-worthy. Now, Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps Rebirth was close to perfect. It summed up Hal's recent events without boring a long time reader (I've been reading Green Lantern since 2004-5's Rebirth from Geoff Johns), it moved the plot a bit when most Rebirth one-shots didn't, it set up major plot points for the first arc, it actually gave shivers down my spine and, oh my god, that glorious art from Ethan Van Sciver! And he's gonna draw half the book's issues too! Also, Hal's title feels to be the main one dealing with the entire corps, Kyle, Ganthet/Sayd, etc. Robert Venditti's Green Lantern run was pretty good too (his Flash as well), with some arcs being even better than that, so he has my trust. The two titles seem separate so far although they might crossover at some point. Despite all of the above I still enjoy and follow Green Lanterns as part of my pull list.

I strongly suggest you give Hal Jordan and the GLC a chance. Even if you missed it, it's bound to get a second printing and you could always try it digitally. I don't think I'm bias, but I really love the Green Lantern franchise with Hal being my favorite character, so I could be without realizing it. Anyway, when the collected editions first surface and you wonder what titles to support feel free to ask for my opinion and I'll be happy to provide a clearer picture since by then we will probably already have two whole arcs completed.

Rainshadow777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Rainshadow777

@apokos7 said:
    @rainshadow777 said:

Haha, thanks. It helps having no social skills whatsoever and what I do all day is basically read comics and play video games... and make some money to afford those.

Keep in mind that it's a bit too early and the titles haven't found their footing yet, also Simon/Jessica have two more issues than Hal so it's a bit unfair to compare them as of today. Now, Green Lanterns Rebirth was an issue I really enjoyed. It did a great job at introducing the players and setting up the book. Sadly, I've found myself enjoying it a bit less with every passing issue. It also tries to shoehorn a lot of humor most of which is kind of cringe-worthy. Now, Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps Rebirth was close to perfect. It summed up Hal's recent events without boring a long time reader (I've been reading Green Lantern since 2004-5's Rebirth from Geoff Johns), it moved the plot a bit when most Rebirth one-shots didn't, it set up major plot points for the first arc, it actually gave shivers down my spine and, oh my god, that glorious art from Ethan Van Sciver! And he's gonna draw half the book's issues too! Also, Hal's title feels to be the main one dealing with the entire corps, Kyle, Ganthet/Sayd, etc. Robert Venditti's Green Lantern run was pretty good too (his Flash as well), with some arcs being even better than that, so he has my trust. The two titles seem separate so far although they might crossover at some point. Despite all of the above I still enjoy and follow Green Lanterns as part of my pull list.

I strongly suggest you give Hal Jordan and the GLC a chance. Even if you missed it, it's bound to get a second printing and you could always try it digitally. I don't think I'm bias, but I really love the Green Lantern franchise with Hal being my favorite character, so I could be without realizing it. Anyway, when the collected editions first surface and you wonder what titles to support feel free to ask for my opinion and I'll be happy to provide a clearer picture since by then we will probably already have two whole arcs completed.

I hadn't realised that Robert Venditti was writing Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps. I'm currently reading the New 52 Green Lantern Volume 4 'Dark Days' by Venditti and it's amazing. When that title moved from Geoff Johns to Venditti I was at first disappointed but I'm now a total fan. He's a great writer. In fact, you've said the magic word there with Venditti.

I'm definitely into the Green Lantern scene, and I really enjoyed Green Lanterns Rebirth, but what I'm going to do is try to get my hands on the Hal Jordan Rebirth book tomorrow. Then like you say, once the collected editions come out I'll make a decision. Part of that decision will be based on which book I feel is the main Green Lantern book.

Also it's good to see you've got your priorities in life sorted haha.

apokos7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rainshadow777: Venditti is a really great writer and totally underestimated.

I hope you find out which title suits you.

What can I say, I've really got things figured out! Haha.

wrucebayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman and Superman have been really good so far. I'm picking up Nightwing and Titans today, and I'll definitely be getting Detective Comics and WW in trade.

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely a lot better than some of the crap Marvel is putting out.

ThePreface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like Green Lanterns, mostly because I'm watching Simon and Jessica grow. Origin story aside, these are kind of blank slate characters.

IMO Humphries is beginning to find their voice.

Avatar image for firestarlord73194
    FireStarLord73194

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yep love Rebirth.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's got some good points to it, I'll say. But it's honestly been little short of a kick in the teeth with steel-toed chucks for anyone who happened to be a big fan of the New 52 like me.

But, there's still some books that I enjoy reading. Deathstroke, Green Arrow, and Suicide Squad have been pretty cool so far, among a few other books, and I'm looking forward to books like Teen Titans.

I've dropped just about every Super book though, outside of New Super Man and Super Woman. The only reason I feel obligated to read Action is because of how prominent Lex Luthor is, but it makes me really want a Lex Luthor solo book in the Superman line.

Caivu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

It's been great so far. I've enjoyed everything I've been reading, for the most part.

casper4690

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome, very surprised at how DC is stomping right now with their quality books !

MasterOfEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loving Rebirth so far. Marvel should take note ASAP

Yassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Yassassin

It's a return to form, but it honestly isn't as good as people make it out to be

Klaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tvc-15 said:

It's a return to form, but it honestly isn't as good as people make it out to be

I think that statement is more a matter of opinion. Personally I think Rebirth has been giving the best stories I have read in a long time. So much so that I've got almost every title on my pull list. I think many people agree that it is awesome based on how well its doing.

laughingbatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely liking Rebirth. IMO Detective Comics has a good story going with Tim Drake, Batman could be awesome or flop with the "I Am Suicide" arch coming up, I'm enjoying both Green Lanterns and Hal Jordan, and I find myself eager for two weeks to pass every time I finish Flash and Titans. Suicide Squad 1 seemed too much like the movie, but then introducing Zod at the end of 2 caught my attention. The Teen Titans Rebirth issue was fun, excited to see what comes of it in the series.

Yassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@klaus said:
    @tvc-15 said:

I think that statement is more a matter of opinion. Personally I think Rebirth has been giving the best stories I have read in a long time. So much so that I've got almost every title on my pull list. I think many people agree that it is awesome based on how well its doing.

Obviously.

Rurgandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Overall, it's been good. There are more hits than misses. It hasn't come quite close to topping the best of the DC You (such as Omega Men), but there's also a much smaller percentage of duds than in the New 52. A good number of the bi-weekly books (Deathstroke, Wonder Woman, Superman, Batman, Nightwing, Aquaman) have been good to great, with a few notable exceptions. Among the monthly books, New Super-Man and Superwoman are standouts, while Trinity and Gotham Academy are promising.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
    CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Short answer, yes

casper4690

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By casper4690

Amazing , I dropped a good portion of my marvel books for. Rebirth

Avatar image for phoenixdiamond616
    phoenixdiamond616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes!! It's really good

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.