DC's new imprints

odvir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hi, since rebirth started new imprints like wild animal (and now wildstorm) started poping up and there's something I don't understand, is each imprints has its own continuity and universe or they are connected to the DCU?

UltimatePower6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

They're like their own thing. I think the Young Animal imprint will have some vague ties to the DCU (Like Mother Panic I believe will be set in Gotham) but for the most part it should be it's own thing. In the blurb about the new Wildstorm imprint sounds like it'll take place away from the DCU definitely.

Hatutzeraze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't really know what they are doing with the Wildstorm stuff, but I think the Young Animal series are probably loosely connected with the mainstream DCU. By this I mean that they will primarily be pursuing their own stories without having to worry much about how things connect to other DC comics. If it serves their story to have them meet Batman or Mr Mxyzptlk, then they'll do it, but their stories are best viewed as odd things happening at the corners of the regular DCU. Don't expect the Young Animal titles to participate in any crossover storylines.

Rurgandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Young Animal is loosely connected to the DCU

Wildstorm is an alternate universe

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.