Follow

DC Comics

Publisher »

Originally known as "National Publications", DC is a publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Justice League of America, and the Teen Titans, and is considered the originator of the American superhero genre. DC, along with rival Marvel Comics, is one of the "big two" American comic book publishers. DC Entertainment is a subsidiary of Warner Brothers and its parent company Warner Media.

DC Universe Relaunch *COMPLETE*

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By Kallarkz
    @doordoor123 said:
    @PowerHerc said:

Even with this massive company-wide reboot DC still won't give Captain Marvel (SHAZAM) his own book.

Whadda bunch of bullshit.

There are still seven titles left. We could see a SHAZAM comic. It would be awesome if Grant Morrison was on it. Hes not on anything yet.
    I thought he was writing Superman
    Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152  Edited By Kallarkz
    @Adnan said:
    @PowerHerc: I'm expecting them to do a Shazam book, keeping the Capt. Thunder name from FP. It get's rid of the 'Marvel' problem. Also, he seems like he'll be a semi-important character in the WW storyline.
    I'm hoping for it.
    the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#153  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

i WANT to read all of them.. (except for the supernatural related ones, not a fan of monsters being included in comics) but i probably can only afford like...15 

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#154  Edited By PowerHerc

@Adnan: Haiving a book and being a key part of a WW story-arc sounds good. Changing his name doesn't.

doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 5

#155  Edited By doordoor123

Just added Justice League Beyond to suspected. Bleeding Cool seems to be sure that its going to happen. 

@Adnan said:

@PowerHerc: I'm expecting them to do a Shazam book, keeping the Capt. Thunder name from FP. It get's rid of the 'Marvel' problem. Also, he seems like he'll be a semi-important character in the WW storyline.

Haha that WOULD actually update the character. To give him a different name. That way the title can actually be called Captain Thunder. 

@Kallarkz said:
    @doordoor123 said:
    @PowerHerc said:

Even with this massive company-wide reboot DC still won't give Captain Marvel (SHAZAM) his own book.

Whadda bunch of bullshit.

There are still seven titles left. We could see a SHAZAM comic. It would be awesome if Grant Morrison was on it. Hes not on anything yet.
    I thought he was writing Superman

It was rumored he was writing "a Superman related title". Its been confirmed that Perez is writing Superman. So he technically could be on anything. 

@The Stegman said:
    i WANT to read all of them.. (except for the supernatural related ones, not a fan of monsters being included in comics) but i probably can only afford like...15 

Im right with you there. I cant afford all of these but im going to try to get as much as I can. I even dropped all of Marvel 616 for this.
    Adnan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By Adnan
    @PowerHerc: I prefer the name Capt. Marvel to Capt. Thunder myself, but I was just saying that I could see why DC would such a thing. Both names are pretty cheese-tastic though (Capt. Thunder a little moreso, but I wouldn't mind)

@The Stegman
    @doordoor123
    From the current list of confirmed titles, how are your to-buy lists shaping up?
    Mine atm is:
    Detective Comics, Batwoman, Wonder Woman, DC Universe Presents, Justice League Dark, Resurrection Man, Frankenstein, Animal Man, and Swamp-Thing. 

There are others I'm interested in (a lot of them, in fact), but those are my definite buys.
    doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By doordoor123
    @Adnan said:
    @PowerHerc: I prefer the name Capt. Marvel to Capt. Thunder myself, but I was just saying that I could see why DC would such a thing. Both names are pretty cheese-tastic though (Capt. Thunder a little moreso, but I wouldn't mind)

@The Stegman
    @doordoor123: From the current list of confirmed titles, how are your to-buy lists shaping up? Mine atm is: Detective Comics, Batwoman, Wonder Woman, DC Universe Presents, Justice League Dark, Resurrection Man, Frankenstein, Animal Man, and Swamp-Thing.   There are others I'm interested in (a lot of them, in fact), but those are my definite buys.
    Well what I mean is that its easier to call him Captain Thunder because DC cant have a title called Captain Marvel because of Marvel comics. 
    My Definite comics are Justice League, Static Shock, Batwoman, Batman, Superman, Justice League International, Teen Titans, Flash, Green Arrow, Aquaman, Hawkman, The Fury of Firestorm, Green Lantern, Green Lantern Corps, Green Lantern New Guardians, Nightwing, Swamp Thing, Batman and Robin, Animal Man, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Justice League Dark, Frankenstein, Agent of SHADE, Resurrection Man, Legion Lost and Batman Beyond. 
    So thats 26. Which is 78 dollars a month. Ill be mixing and matching with titles im not liking. So ill be all over the place. 

PS I just realized I wrote teen titans twice. Thats good news. Means we have 8 more titles. Not 7.
    Adnan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By Adnan
    @doordoor123: Yeah, I don't see a reason why DC would keep his name as Capt. Marvel post-FP, regardless of whether he gets a book as part of the 52 or not.

And wow, 26 definite buys already? I'll probably end up buying 15-20 of the books in total, depending on what the release schedule is like. I'm interested in Static, Aquaman, Hawkman, Nightwing, Red Hood + Outlaws, Demon Knights, Voodoo, and of course Superman too, but if they clash with my other choices release date wise, they're getting shafted.
    doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By doordoor123
    @Adnan said:
    @doordoor123: Yeah, I don't see a reason why DC would keep his name as Capt. Marvel post-FP, regardless of whether he gets a book as part of the 52 or not.  And wow, 26 definite buys already? I'll probably end up buying 15-20 of the books in total, depending on what the release schedule is like. I'm interested in Static, Aquaman, Hawkman, Nightwing, Red Hood + Outlaws, Demon Knights, Voodoo, and of course Superman too, but if they clash with my other choices release date wise, they're getting shafted.
    Haha yeah. If I could, I would get all of them. I actually want to get all of them xD
    doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By doordoor123

Added to confirmed
    45. Stormwatch
    46. Blackhawks
    47.  Sgt. Rock and The Men of War
    48. All-Star Western
    49. Deathstroke
    50. Grifter 

Also a first image of OMAC

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    Adnan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By Adnan

I just saw the Sgt. Rock cover, was digging up the rest lol. Also, bleedingcool is saying JLA Beyond is part of the 52 now (possibly along with Superman Beyond?) But wait, if that's true, that means no Action Comics...
    (Superman Beyond is an assumption by me, like JLA Beyond, it was also due for release sometime soon.)

edit: Holy crap, Stormwatch is basically The Authority + Martian Manhunter. Definite buy.

doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By doordoor123
    @Adnan said:
    I just saw the Sgt. Rock cover, was digging up the rest lol. Also, bleedingcool is saying JLA Beyond is part of the 52 now (possibly along with Superman Beyond?) But wait, if that's true, that means no Action Comics...  edit: Superman Beyond is an assumption by me, like JLA Beyond, it was also due for release sometime soon.
    Superman Beyond isnt part of the relaunch. My greatest Adventure might not also be apart of the relaunch. If thats the case, then there would be three left. Plus the ones that I have that they havent announced yet.
    Adnan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By Adnan
    @doordoor123: I hope you're right. I wasn't expecting Jonah Hex to be part of the reboot, but he is now. 

I'm not sure how I feel about the Deathstroke design. Grifter is lookin good though (inb4 Deadpool comment)
    fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#164  Edited By fodigg

Come on Blackbat, starring Cassandra Cain.

doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By doordoor123
    @Adnan said:

@doordoor123: I hope you're right. I wasn't expecting Jonah Hex to be part of the reboot, but he is now.   I'm not sure how I feel about the Deathstroke design. Grifter is lookin good though (inb4 Deadpool comment)

Scares me that theres no SHAZAM, Speed Force or JSA. Most of all JSA. ALso its not a Jonah Hex comics. Its a Western Tales comic. 
    Deathstroke looks awesome I think. His last costume was too retro.
    Adnan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By Adnan
    @fodigg: She's gotta be among the 52 somewhere, she has too many fans. She probably won't get her own book at this rate, but I'm sure she'll atleast be a recurring in one of the Batbooks (of which there are many)

@doordoor123: Oh man, I forgot about the JSA, they can't leave that out. Which reminds me, we're 50 titles in and Cyborg is nowhere to be seen. What's going on?
    doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By doordoor123
    @Adnan said:
    @fodigg: She's gotta be among the 52 somewhere, she has too many fans. She probably won't get her own book at this rate, but I'm sure she'll atleast be a recurring in one of the Batbooks (of which there are many)

@doordoor123: Oh man, I forgot about the JSA, they can't leave that out. Which reminds me, we're 50 titles in and Cyborg is nowhere to be seen. What's going on?
    I dont think Cass will show up until Batman Inc Vol 2
    Cyborg is in Justice League. I dont think he needs a solo title. 
    So im guessing everyone connected to the JSA wont exist anymore? Maybe theyll give them their own universe.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

Bleeding Cool says there's a JLA-Beyond series.
    Adnan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By Adnan
    @doordoor123: Meh, that's probably for the best for Cyborg, it's just there was a lot of initial hype for the guy, and I swear it's all died down as fast as it appeared. He still hasn't appeared in Flashpoint (I think, I haven't read FP: Booster Gold #2 yet) either.

And I'm thinking Stormwatch = post-FP JSA? It's possible...
    doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By doordoor123
    @Jake Fury said:
    Bleeding Cool says there's a JLA-Beyond series.
    Not confirmed yet. And yeah. I added it to speculated. Bleeding Cool is wrong about one title because right now they have speculated two titles too many.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

@doordoor123
    Cool.
    doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By doordoor123

More news! Apparently Speed Force is supposed to start in December. Not part of the initial relaunch. 
    http://www.newsarama.com/comics/questions-clues-dcnu-110602.html

Adnan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By Adnan
    @doordoor123: Cool (some of these titles should've been held back for December too...I'll stop grumbling now...). That leaves room for Action Comics, and...probably Supergirl.
    doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By doordoor123
    @Adnan said:
    @doordoor123: Cool (some of these titles should've been held back for December too...I'll stop grumbling now...). That leaves room for Action Comics, and...probably Supergirl.
    Im thinking Batman Beyond might not be part of the relaunch but is just getting renumbered to go along with the relaunch. So that would add another.
    This is what im expecting to hear tomorrow: Superman, Action Comics, Supergirl, Superboy, maybe something else (with grant morrison)
    Adnan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By Adnan
    @doordoor123: That'd be good. The fifth title could be a Shazam family book, Billy has always been sorta closely affiliated with Supes.
    doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By doordoor123
    @Adnan said:
    @doordoor123: That'd be good. The fifth title could be a Shazam family book, Billy has always been sorta closely affiliated with Supes.
    Also found out My Greatest Adventure isnt being released until October. Not sure if theyre considering it part of the relaunch. Lets hope for SHAZAM. Or maybe itll be JSA with Captain Marvel on the team?
    Adnan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By Adnan
    Don't mind me, just posting some covers...

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    CrimsonAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 70

User Lists: 10

#178  Edited By CrimsonAvenger

Hope they put out a JSA title and leave out all the Shazam characters.

doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By doordoor123
    @Adnan said:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    Wow! Those are some awesome covers. Where did you find them?
    Adnan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By Adnan
    @doordoor123: A friend passed them on to me on MSN. Like all the other leaks, their from the main DCU blog/site, they had a link but didn't have a blog entry. I can't get the urls for the images to work anymore, seems like most of the other big comicbook sites have missed it...
    doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By doordoor123
    @Adnan said:
    @doordoor123: A friend passed them on to me on MSN. Like all the other leaks, their from the main DCU blog/site, they had a link but didn't have a blog entry. I can't get the urls for the images to work anymore, seems like most of the other big comicbook sites have missed it...
    Haha nice. Good job.
    Adnan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By Adnan

And Action Comics is probably the last one. So **if** Batman Beyond and My Greatest Adventure stay within the 52, that's all of them...

doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By doordoor123
    @Adnan said:

And Action Comics is probably the last one. So **if** Batman Beyond and My Greatest Adventure stay within the 52, that's all of them...

Yeah. thats what i figure... upsetting not to see some comics. I wish they wouldnt have saved Superman for last. Underwhelming.
    Amegashita

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#184  Edited By Amegashita

So much for that Marvel Family series, can't say I wasn't expecting this.

doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By doordoor123
    @Adnan said:
    I thought about it and thats a really big IF. I think it would be weird to announce Batman Beyond with Superman titles. I dont think itll happen. I think that one or two more will be announced.
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By DEGRAAF
    @doordoor123
    @Primmaster64:  

If you dont mind. Could you check my list compared to yours? I already have 52 confirmed listed with 4 rumored totalling 56. 

I think the one difference is Vigilante #1. I heard it was confirmed. 

Also it has been confirmed that Tim wont be getting his own solo. He is basically just the star of Teen Titans
    doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By doordoor123
    @DEGRAAF said:
    @doordoor123: @Primmaster64:   If you dont mind. Could you check my list compared to yours? I already have 52 confirmed listed with 4 rumored totalling 56.  I think the one difference is Vigilante #1. I heard it was confirmed.  Also it has been confirmed that Tim wont be getting his own solo. He is basically just the star of Teen Titans
    it WAS rumored. Its part of All-Star Western. How do you have 52 confirmed? there wasnt 52 confirmed. And youre just telling me stuff that i know. Hahaha but yeah ill look at your list.
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By DEGRAAF
    @doordoor123 said:
    @Adnan said:

Wow! Those are some awesome covers. Where did you find them?

im really disappointed by these covers and (according to the cover) Superboy's new origin. I think they all look bad. If i had to pic one i would say Supergirl looks the best out of the 3. Supergirl looks older. Im curious if they will set her up to take over as powergirl in a couple of years
    Adnan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By Adnan
    @Amegashita: Good on you for not expecting one, I was ;_;

@doordoor123: That's a pretty good point though...my hopes aren't dashed just yet!
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By DEGRAAF
    @doordoor123 said:
    @DEGRAAF said:
    @doordoor123: @Primmaster64:   If you dont mind. Could you check my list compared to yours? I already have 52 confirmed listed with 4 rumored totalling 56.  I think the one difference is Vigilante #1. I heard it was confirmed.  Also it has been confirmed that Tim wont be getting his own solo. He is basically just the star of Teen Titans
    it WAS rumored. Its part of All-Star Western. How do you have 52 confirmed? there wasnt 52 confirmed. And youre just telling me stuff that i know. Hahaha but yeah ill look at your list.

I have 52 because i heard iVigilante was confirmed. Sorry, you had under "what fans want to see" Tim Drake so i wasnt sure if you knew they confirmed he wouldnt be getting one
    doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By doordoor123
    @DEGRAAF said:
    @doordoor123 said:
    @DEGRAAF said:
    I have 52 because i heard iVigilante was confirmed. Sorry, you had under "what fans want to see" Tim Drake so i wasnt sure if you knew they confirmed he wouldnt be getting one
    Yeah it was confirmed as part of All-Star Western. Vigilante isnt its own title.
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By DEGRAAF
    @doordoor123
    thanks. And at this point Action Comics is still a rumor? At the end of the article about Superman, SG, and SB it stated that details about Action Comics would be announced tomorrow. That makes it sound confirmed
    mark5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By mark5
    @Adnan said:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    Don't like Supergirl's collar cape but she looks good non the less. Superman looks lame, like they tried to merge mr Majestic and his suit together but it fails terribly. 
    And is that superboy? As a ROBOT!!! *faint*
    God help us...
    mark5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By mark5

Btw never heard of Mr Majestic again. What gives? He just gets wiped out of existence?

Amegashita

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#195  Edited By Amegashita

Supergirl looks like Power Girl. 

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
    @doordoor123
    @The Stegman said: 

Im right with you there. I cant afford all of these but im going to try to get as much as I can. I even dropped all of Marvel 616 for this.  

yeah i pretty much dropped all but three Marvel titles for this, and so Deathstroke is getting his own series??? getting that too..sigh, poor wallet
    the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
    @Adnan:  

@The Stegman
    @doordoor123
    From the current list of confirmed titles, how are your to-buy lists shaping up? 
    Mine atm is: 
    Detective Comics, Batwoman, Wonder Woman, DC Universe Presents, Justice League Dark, Resurrection Man, Frankenstein, Animal Man, and Swamp-Thing.  

There are others I'm interested in (a lot of them, in fact), but those are my definite buys.  
    well like i said, i want to buy most of them, but my definites so far are 

Superman, all batman titles, wonder woman, Justice League, JLI, teen titans, Nightwing, Legion of superheroes and Legion lost, MAYBE static shock, Aquaman and Batgirl oh and all green lantern titles minus Red Lanterns
    Adnan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By Adnan
    @The Stegman: Sucks to be your wallet.
    the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
    @Adnan: yes my wallet is calling me derogatory names already
    Avatar image for deactivated-60d8e8271946e
    deactivated-60d8e8271946e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

C'mon Power-Girl.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.