DC Fans Don't Jump!

• 101 results
#101 Edited by Rainshadow777 (527 posts) - - Show Bio

@flashknight said:
@dredeuced said:

@jb681131:

1: Batman has been great under Snyder and Morrison's pens. I don't know what you're complaining about there. Superman has definitely been messed up, but he was messed up pre-52 too. Same editorial team has oversight on the Superman franchise which is why nothing got better.

2: Agreed. Poorly handled reboot with not sense of the timeline they were creating.

3: New 52 had less crossovers than Pre-52

4: New 52, despite an egregious amount of Bat titles, has had less Bat titles than Pre 52. I believe Superman stayed the same and has even lost some titles as the New 52 has gone on.

5: Yep. That's not a bad thing, imo. Morrison's Batman and Johns' GL getting to their conclusions was nice. It just should've been handled better.

6: Ok. I don't care about Lobo but if that's your bag I understand. It sucks losing a character you liked for a crappier "modernized" version.

7: Convergence wasn't a New 52 thing. It was a "We're moving and we need filler for 2 months" thing. Something like that would've happened no matter the era. Futures End was trash, I agree.

The Flash was the worst thing about the reboot. The removal of Legacy from The Flash is like taking the the Bat out of Batman.

I think if they wanted to do a reboot, EVERYTHING should have been rebooted - new readers like myself still had no idea which titles WERE rebooted and which weren't.

Yeah, this was a factor for me too. The Batman run by Snyder is particularly confusing if you're coming into the whole thing with the New 52 expecting some clarity and a fresh start. I don't know, I stuck with it and everything but for someone who had only read the classics (Year One, TDKR etc) I found the run generally schizophrenic

One of the first panels shown in Court of the Owls is of the Batfamily without much explanation, then there's Death of the Family which is just plain confusing, and then to top all that off there are two weighty volumes of trades exploring Zero Year with Bruce Wayne dressing up as Penguin, riding a dirt bike and Gotham being flooded! There just needed to be some more exposition about what was going on. Strangely fast-paced sometimes, really drawn out at others.

If they're going to start the story at issue Number 1# like they did with the New 52 then they can't just jump into an existing mess of characters and villains. Can they?

#102 Posted by jb681131 (3391 posts) - - Show Bio

@flashknight said:
@dredeuced said:

@jb681131:

1: Batman has been great under Snyder and Morrison's pens. I don't know what you're complaining about there. Superman has definitely been messed up, but he was messed up pre-52 too. Same editorial team has oversight on the Superman franchise which is why nothing got better.

2: Agreed. Poorly handled reboot with not sense of the timeline they were creating.

3: New 52 had less crossovers than Pre-52

4: New 52, despite an egregious amount of Bat titles, has had less Bat titles than Pre 52. I believe Superman stayed the same and has even lost some titles as the New 52 has gone on.

5: Yep. That's not a bad thing, imo. Morrison's Batman and Johns' GL getting to their conclusions was nice. It just should've been handled better.

6: Ok. I don't care about Lobo but if that's your bag I understand. It sucks losing a character you liked for a crappier "modernized" version.

7: Convergence wasn't a New 52 thing. It was a "We're moving and we need filler for 2 months" thing. Something like that would've happened no matter the era. Futures End was trash, I agree.

The Flash was the worst thing about the reboot. The removal of Legacy from The Flash is like taking the the Bat out of Batman.

I think if they wanted to do a reboot, EVERYTHING should have been rebooted - new readers like myself still had no idea which titles WERE rebooted and which weren't.

Yeah, this was a factor for me too. The Batman run by Snyder is particularly confusing if you're coming into the whole thing with the New 52 expecting some clarity and a fresh start. I don't know, I stuck with it and everything but for someone who had only read the classics (Year One, TDKR etc) I found the run generally schizophrenic

One of the first panels shown in Court of the Owls is of the Batfamily without much explanation, then there's Death of the Family which is just plain confusing, and then to top all that off there are two weighty volumes of trades exploring Zero Year with Bruce Wayne dressing up as Penguin, riding a dirt bike and Gotham being flooded! There just needed to be some more exposition about what was going on. Strangely fast-paced sometimes, really drawn out at others.

If they're going to start the story at issue Number 1# like they did with the New 52 then they can't just jump into an existing mess of characters and villains. Can they?

Well, what isn't clear for everyone, even if some issues are starting back to #1's, Rebirth isn't a reboot. It's the comeback of pre-flashpoint/pre-new52 heroes.

#103 Posted by Epyon007 (303 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel like we should get rid of this sticky. Rebirth is fantastic and I can't see why people would want to jump anymore.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.