Follow

DC Comics

Publisher »

Originally known as "National Publications", DC is a publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Justice League of America, and the Teen Titans, and is considered the originator of the American superhero genre. DC, along with rival Marvel Comics, is one of the "big two" American comic book publishers. DC Entertainment is a subsidiary of Warner Brothers and its parent company Warner Media.

Could this work for the DCCU?

aquahawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

I put this on another post before, but I'd like to get an opinion:

In Batman/Superman, It has been years after the Zod incident, and Superman has learned much more about protecting the people and also preventing deaths. Somewhere along the line, Batman finds Superman and there is a short conflict between the two of them. After its resolution, Batman tells him that there is a need to find a subject that he has been tracking info on that could be useful in preventing a powerful adversary that is linked to her mythology. They set out to find this "Wonder Woman." After finding her, they fight off the villain du jour. Meanwhile, Batman hints that he has an extensive knowledge of different people with powers, and this intrigues Clark. However, Batman keeps what he knows undisclosed from Supes until he knows that he can fully trust him (he's not fond of what went down with Zod, even though Supes has grown more experienced and feels guilty about the destruction).

At or near the end (when the villain is finally defeated), the Trinity discovers a massive threat to the Earth. Batman explains that he has been following reports of other superpowered individuals from all over ever since he first heard about what happened with Zod.

Batman goes through the list of the people that he has discovered are legitimate. Each member of the future Justice League (Flash, Green Lantern, Aquaman) appears in a montage of them doing what they do in the places where they would be while information is given on them by Batman. Batman announces that they need to find these other people in order to prepare for what is to come.

From that, DC can do individual films of each character all leading up to the Justice League movie, and Batman is DC's Nick Fury (one that actually is right in the middle of the action) until it expands further and Martian Manhunter shows up. It's like Marvel's Phase One, but with a big intro to let the audience know what is coming up. Even better, these characters can all have their own stories while still contributing to what will be the final product... The Justice League.

Batman/Superman can double as a great story with these three characters AND basically an advertisement for the other DC heroes.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By Fallschirmjager

If WB has the balls to put Batman/Superman/WW all in 1 movie with only an origin for Superman, something tells me they're not going to give Origins for any of the other leagues that will join up. They'll just go straight into JLA if "Trinity" is successful, or whatever its called.

Also, we don't know how big a role WW will be playing yet.

Too many endless possibilities to theorize what the plot is going to be.

aquahawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By aquahawk

@fallschirmjager: Agreed, but this is just an idea of something that could work.

I want to see something good happen with these characters. I have faith that something good will happen with EVERY comic book movie, so I refuse to be disappointed until a film disappoints me.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@aquahawk: you won't find a bigger torch carrier for an Aquaman movie than me, so im also hoping things go well.

aquahawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for wishiwassuperman
    WIshIWasSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By WIshIWasSuperman

@aquahawk said:

@fallschirmjager: Ditto. Aquaman rules.

For the record I fully support an Aquaman movie - in fact it could potentially be one of the more epic CBM's we've ever had IMO (although Supe's will always come first for me).

The over-arching idea itself I don't mind - but I don't personally like the idea of Batman being behind the whole thing (but yes, I am biased). I also don't see Batman (normally a "loner" type character) wanting to put together a group for him to be part of. I mean considering the Batman we're being told about (rumor, yes) is something of a recluse sitting in his cave, using droids to protect the city - doesn't sound like someone keen to be part of a larger group of heroes to me. If that is indeed the direction they take, I don't see this set up fitting, at least not entirely. But that's just me.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@wishiwassuperman: Its a damn shame public perception of him is negative, because I think he is easily more film-friendly than anyone on the JLA, sans Batman and Superman.

His origins at not complicated and don't need work, he is very grounded, his powers are pretty straight forward and he has two of the most badass villains in Black Manta and Ocean Master.

The landscape and mythos of Atlantis could be just as epic as Asgard (if not moreso) and they even have a huge opportunity for diversity if they include Mera, a super heroine the CBM industry is desperately lacking atm.

The "he only talks to fish" shit, is pretty much the only reason why they aren't making the movie.

Avatar image for wishiwassuperman
    WIshIWasSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wishiwassuperman: Its a damn shame public perception of him is negative, because I think he is easily more film-friendly than anyone on the JLA, sans Batman and Superman.

His origins at not complicated and don't need work, he is very grounded, his powers are pretty straight forward and he has two of the most badass villains in Black Manta and Ocean Master.

The landscape and mythos of Atlantis could be just as epic as Asgard (if not moreso) and they even have a huge opportunity for diversity if they include Mera, a super heroine the CBM industry is desperately lacking atm.

The "he only talks to fish" shit, is pretty much the only reason why they aren't making the movie.

Agree 100% on everything you just said.

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.