Follow

DC Comics

Publisher »

Originally known as "National Publications", DC is a publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Justice League of America, and the Teen Titans, and is considered the originator of the American superhero genre. DC, along with rival Marvel Comics, is one of the "big two" American comic book publishers. DC Entertainment is a subsidiary of Warner Brothers and its parent company Warner Media.

Constantine?

ughjosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So I wanna start reading Hellblazer and Constantine stuff but where do I begin? And any stories you recommend with him in it? I saw some of those videos about him on YouTube and he seems so awesome.

Rurgandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The original Vertigo Hellblazer volumes, by Jamie Delano. First volume is Original Sins.

jb681131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@ughjosh:Yes he is awsome. He comes from the comics Hellblazer.

There are 2 Constantines: The Original one and the New52 reboot one.

You shoud definitly read the original one. There are slightly better arcs than others, but it is easier to read it in chronological order.

The original tpbs go as follows:

#TitleCollected material
    1John Constantine Hellblazer Volume 01: Original SinsHellblazer #1–9, Swamp Thing #76–77
    2John Constantine Hellblazer Volume 02: The Devil You KnowHellblazer #10–13, The Horrorist #1–2, Annual #1
    3John Constantine Hellblazer Volume 03: The Fear MachineHellblazer #14–22
    4John Constantine Hellblazer Volume 04: The Family ManHellblazer #23–33
    5John Constantine Hellblazer Volume 05: Dangerous HabitsHellblazer #34–46
    6John Constantine Hellblazer Volume 06: BloodlinesHellblazer #47–61
    7John Constantine Hellblazer Volume 07: Tainted LoveHellblazer #62–71, Hellblazer Special #1, Vertigo Jam #1
    8John Constantine Hellblazer Volume 08: Rake at the Gates of HellHellblazer #72–84, Heartland #1
    9John Constantine Hellblazer Volume 09: Critical MassHellblazer #85–96
    10John Constantine Hellblazer Volume 10: In the Line of FireHellblazer #97–107
    11John Constantine Hellblazer Volume 11: Last Man StandingHellblazer #108–120
    12John Constantine Hellblazer Volume 12: How to Play with FireHellblazer #121–133
    13John Constantine Hellblazer Volume 13: HauntedHellblazer #134–145, Vertigo Resurrected, Vertigo: Winter's Edge
    14John Constantine Hellblazer Volume 14: Good IntentionsHellblazer #146–161, Hellblazer Vertigo Secret Files and Origins #1
    15John Constantine Hellblazer Volume 15: HighwaterHellblazer #162–174
    16John Constantine Hellblazer Volume 16: The Wild CardHellblazer #175–188
    17John Constantine Hellblazer Volume 17: Out of SeasonHellblazer #189-201
    18John Constantine Hellblazer Volume 18: The GiftHellblazer #202-218

More volumes to come, issues go up to #300

During the New52 John Constantine is part of the Justice League Dark:

• Justice League Dark Vol. 1: In the Dark (Justice League Dark #1–6)
    • Justice League Dark Vol. 2: The Books of Magic (Justice League Dark #0, #7–13, Annual #1)
    • I, Vampire Vol. 2: Rise of the Vampires (Justice League Dark #7–8 and I, Vampire #7–12)
    • Justice League Dark Vol. 3: The Death of Magic (Justice League Dark #14–21)
    • Justice League: Trinity War (Justice League Dark #22–23, plus Justice League Vol. 2 #22–23, Justice League of America Vol. 3 #6–7, Trinity of Sin: Phantom Stranger Vol. 4 #11, Trinity of Sin: Pandora #1–3)
    • Forever Evil: Blight (Justice League Dark #24–29, Constantine #9–12, Trinity of Sin: Pandora #6–9, Trinity of Sin: Phantom Stranger #14–17)
    • Justice League Dark Vol. 4: The Rebirth of Evil (Justice League Dark #22–29)
    • Justice League Dark Vol. 5: Paradise Lost (Justice League Dark #30–34, Justice League Dark: Futures End #1)
    • Justice League Dark Vol. 6: Lost in Forever (Justice League Dark Annual #2, #35–40)

Then you can also find a movie "Constantine" where he's played by Keenu Reeves, and an animated movie entitled "Justice League Dark".

ughjosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jb681131: Thanks I really appreciate that! I'll definitely read these! I've seen the movie with Keanu and yet to see the animated "Justice League Dark" one so I'll check it out when I finish reading all these!

jb681131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@ughjosh said:

@jb681131: Thanks I really appreciate that! I'll definitely read these! I've seen the movie with Keanu and yet to see the animated "Justice League Dark" one so I'll check it out when I finish reading all these!

You're welcome

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.