Follow

DC Comics

Publisher »

Originally known as "National Publications", DC is a publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Justice League of America, and the Teen Titans, and is considered the originator of the American superhero genre. DC, along with rival Marvel Comics, is one of the "big two" American comic book publishers. DC Entertainment is a subsidiary of Warner Brothers and its parent company Warner Media.

Colgate? Really?

JHags

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 2

Edited By JHags

One of my favorite movie scenes comes from 'A Christmas Story' when Ralphie discovers his coveted Annie Oakley decoder pin is a crummy commercial...for Ovaltine, no less.  Lately, I have experienced the similar feelings when opening my DC Comics.

In celebration of DC Comics' 75th anniversary, Colgate has begun placing advertising inserts inside comics. At first, I thought it was a clever idea - a semi-cute comic, a salute to DC, and a coupon. While I appreciate the reminder to brush regularly and the money-saving coupons, I have become slightly annoyed. First, in addition to the insert, Colgate has also taken out a full page ad. Ugh! Second, I am sure comic shop owners are paying more for shipping because of the added weight. Third, I'm a Crest Kid! 

All joking aside, do we really need a pull-out poster and a full page ad, Colgate? Does the comic-buying demographic suffer from lack of hygiene that much? Is it really worth charging our comic shop owners more in order to include those bad-boys?  

What say you, Comic Vine Community? If anyone reads this post, what are your feelings on the Colgate inserts? 

Stamps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Stamps

The little card thing in the ad is soooooooo annoying. It makes it cumbersome to read when the book doesn't bend because of the card.

Kastiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Kastiel

I thought they stopped that already.

JHags

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#3  Edited By JHags
    @Kastiel:
    I hope you're right...I found one in my copy of Return of Bruce Wayne #1 though.
    Tidal Ripple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Tidal Ripple

Ugh, I hate those things.

Kastiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Kastiel
    @JHags:  
    My bad. I was thinking about Marvel. I just skimmed through a Blackest Night issue and noticed it.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.