Follow

DC Comics

Publisher »

Originally known as "National Publications", DC is a publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Justice League of America, and the Teen Titans, and is considered the originator of the American superhero genre. DC, along with rival Marvel Comics, is one of the "big two" American comic book publishers. DC Entertainment is a subsidiary of Warner Brothers and its parent company Warner Media.

Bane vs. Joker?

• 66 results
    spideyfan69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By spideyfan69

Now that youve seen both movies. Who do you guys think made a better or more dangerous villain?

UnsureHater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By UnsureHater

Two totally different characters, I would pick Joker for his ability to just cause utter chaos on such a massive scale.

serpent222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By serpent222

More dangerous? That's a hard one to answer. Both have a huge potential for widespread destruction; Joker through chaos, and Bane through detailed, meticulous planning. I would give the edge to Bane because he is more dedicated, and in a one on one situation, is far more dangerous than Joker ever was.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By ComicStooge

Bane was more focused and overall more deadly.

Voogaloo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Voogaloo

They were totally different characters, but I would have to say Bane is more dangerous because he is much deadlier physically and is more methodical.

ApeKindaBaked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ApeKindaBaked

I am VERY happy about how they portrayed Bane in TDKR. After seeing TDK, I was actually thinking it'd be interesting to have a villain who actually planted their explosives in a professional way instead of only using barrels of gas. Although it'd be a bit more interesting if his inhaler actually altered his muscles somehow instead of some pain killer. But to say one is more dangerous than the other is a very hard question, since they're both deadly in their own way. But the main question that's bothered me since I saw this movie is, if Ledger had actually been able to keep his shit together and not die, what role do you think he would've had in this movie? As a major villain that somehow helped Bane? or would he have just made a cameo like Scarecrow did? In my opinion he would've been the better choice for the judge in the chaos courts. :)

Degalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Degalon

Joker's just a guy with a serious case of Shaudenfreude. The worst he did was threaten two boats of people and make people want to go after the guy who knew Batman's Identity.

Bane literally conquered Gotham straight out of the US.

Joker is only dangerous in that he's unpredictable. Bane is dangerous in that he's capable.

Also,

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    KenTheProfile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By KenTheProfile

@spideyfan69: @Degalon: that rather short sighted. Joker brought the Mob to it's knee's, almost killed all of Gotham, he was smarter then Batman for almost the whole film, he vreated a monster out of a hero, and he did not care about anything. for all Bane's thoughness he still was a henchmen to Talia. in the movie world the joker was extremely capable.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By entropy_aegis

@KenTheProfile said:

@spideyfan69: @Degalon: that rather short sighted. Joker brought the Mob to it's knee's, almost killed all of Gotham, he was smarter then Batman for almost the whole film, he vreated a monster out of a hero, and he did not care about anything. for all Bane's thoughness he still was a henchmen to Talia. in the movie world the joker was extremely capable.

He was her protector/lover and by this logic Joker>Deathstroke.

KenTheProfile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By KenTheProfile

@entropy_aegis: deathstroke is not in the nolan universe and even outside of it Joker is a hundred times more dangours the deathstroke. you can't plan for the joker ever.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By entropy_aegis

@KenTheProfile said:

@entropy_aegis: deathstroke is not in the nolan universe and even outside of it Joker is a hundred times more dangours the deathstroke. you can't plan for the joker ever.

Your argument was that Bane was a henchman and thus Joker>Bane,lets accept this for just one second.Does that make Penguin>Deathstroke and Deadshot? cause Oswald has hired them both.

Hell is Joker more dangerous than Lobo now too? and who cares about planning? the Joker has been caught and locked up more times than I can count,and more dangerous than the guy who takes on teams of superheroes by himself? BWHAHAHAHAHA.

Either way Bane>>>Joker in both the comics and Nolan's world.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

I would rather face bane than facing joker.. he's too creepy to deal with.. bane may be stronger physically but joker is unpredictable and sickly funny "I kill the bus guy"

htb106

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By htb106

I think Joker is more terrifying but Bane was more of a threat, he was also extremely ruthless and was prepared to kill everyone in Gotham.

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By sethysquare

I thought Bane was really scray. Joker was freaky though.

In the end, I think I'm going with Bane. Plus I really like Bane. LOL.

Rumble Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By Rumble Man

Joker is like that kid who takes drama class and literature as a minor while bane is that kid who got the NCAA scholarship, pencil-neck gets snapped

KenTheProfile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By KenTheProfile

@entropy_aegis said:

@KenTheProfile said:

Your argument was that Bane was a henchman and thus Joker>Bane.

the Joker has been caught and locked up more times than I can count,

First, no it was not that's what you took it to mean. I was pointing out that maybe they question should be Talia vs. joker not bane I was not clear and failed in doing that. it was more of an statement about who's plan it was then about rank

If being caught or foiled is the measuring stick for being dangerous then all villains are ineffective and harmless.

in the comic Bane may be more of a threat pysically to batman just like in the movie but Joker was more dangerous in the films he was always one step head of everyone until the very end.Bane needed a crippled Batman for his plan to work, meaning he could never operate against a fully ready Batman like Joker did

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By entropy_aegis

@KenTheProfile said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@KenTheProfile said:

Your argument was that Bane was a henchman and thus Joker>Bane.

the Joker has been caught and locked up more times than I can count,

First, no it was not that's what you took it to mean. I was pointing out that maybe they question should be Talia vs. joker not bane I was not clear and failed in doing that. it was more of an statement about who's plan it was then about rank

If being caught or foiled is the measuring stick for being dangerous then all villains are ineffective and harmless.

in the comic Bane may be more of a threat pysically to batman just like in the movie but Joker was more dangerous in the films he was always one step head of everyone until the very end.Bane needed a crippled Batman for his plan to work, meaning he could never operate against a fully ready Batman like Joker did

Talia's plan was to blow up Gotham using the nuke,Bane's plan was pretty much everything else.The sham courts,stock exchange,plane hijack,Bat breaking,speeches,prison break etc were all Bane's doing.

Not true,how many times has Ra's been caught? or Kobra or Slade? or Bane himself.All have been caught only ONCE by the hero in their entire existence.

Crippled Batman? LOL what are you talking about? he was far from crippled.

Degalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Degalon

Lets put it this way.

Bane has outsmarted and outmaneuvered, and outperformed Batman.

Joker has never come anywhere near any of that. He's more of an occasional annoyance, with the only reason he's a threat period, being that Batman won't kill, so he keep showing up. For all his 'unpredictability", he's just a punk like Zhaz, only he has more showmanship.

rdskns4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By rdskns4eva

They are both dangerous in differnt ways. If you are walking down the street, minding your own business, Bane isnt going to give you the time of day becasue you have nothing to do with his plan. On the other hand, The Joker may decide to kill you cold just because you looked at him funny. I would say Bane is a much bigger threat while the Joker is more dangerous becasue of his unpredictability.

PurpleCandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By PurpleCandy

@ApeKindaBaked said:

I am VERY happy about how they portrayed Bane in TDKR. After seeing TDK, I was actually thinking it'd be interesting to have a villain who actually planted their explosives in a professional way instead of only using barrels of gas. Although it'd be a bit more interesting if his inhaler actually altered his muscles somehow instead of some pain killer. But to say one is more dangerous than the other is a very hard question, since they're both deadly in their own way. But the main question that's bothered me since I saw this movie is, if Ledger had actually been able to keep his shit together and not die, what role do you think he would've had in this movie? As a major villain that somehow helped Bane? or would he have just made a cameo like Scarecrow did? In my opinion he would've been the better choice for the judge in the chaos courts. :)

No way, I would be pissed off if they did that. It would make Joker look pitiful, sittin around doing nothing

ApeKindaBaked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ApeKindaBaked

@PurpleCandy: They already made Bane look pitiful by making him Talia's little puppy dog. Could have definitely done without THAT.

PurpleCandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By PurpleCandy

@ApeKindaBaked said:

@PurpleCandy: They already made Bane look pitiful by making him Talia's little puppy dog. Could have definitely done without THAT.

True true, u know usually when your watching a seemingly perfect movie something happens that just screws it up, even if the flow after that is decent, you don't forget the flaws

Zompirewolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Zompirewolf

Joker was a masterful, psychotic killer.

Bane was a stategic, unstoppable killer.

Both were epic but I have to go with the Joker.

JSH92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#24  Edited By JSH92

Talking about the movies: Bane, hands down.

Talking about the comics: Bane, hands down.

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Iragexcudder

Joker is insanity. Bane is organized insanity. Therefore bane wins

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#26  Edited By MrDirector786

I prefer Bane

Avatar image for iam200percent_awesome1742
    Iam200percent_awesome1742

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Joker is a sadistic freak

Bane had a batman with a broken leg

He aslo lost to batman when he was recovering from a broken back.

While Bane is a more physical threat, Joker utilizes weapons more and would probably shoot him and/or blow him up and/or put pencils in his eyeballs

BOOSTERwing700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -8

#28  Edited By BOOSTERwing700

The Joker is very unpredictable

Bain very capable and very willing

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By lilben42

Joker:

Made Two Face

Took over the mob

Made the city give up Batman

Made the city tremble with fear

Killed Rachael

Blew up a hospital

Killed Lau while burning the mobs money

Broke out of prison

Took a bus full of passengers captive

Killed a judge

Made Batman a criminal

Killed the black guy in the mob

Caused batman to go to drastic measures to stop him

Bane:

Broke Batmans back

Trapped the police in the sewers

Killed the mayor

Released Gothams criminals

Trapped Batman in a whole or something

Blew up Gotham bridges and football stadium

Killed Trask

Took Bruce's money

I would say Joker did alot of smaller things to make the city tremble with fear. While Bane did less larger things to destroy Gotham. If these two were in jail and they both got out I would worry more about the Joker. Just because his attacks are psychological too.

hulkbuster94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By hulkbuster94

bane is far more dangerous joker in the sense that his planning only works with people who have moral ethic if you put him in punishers universe he would be dead in the first comic... while bane fights batman in top form and while not being as skilled batman holds back less a little again'st bane while he always puts joker back to arkaham to escape so bane is more deadly out of the two

thehumantank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By thehumantank

Both are dangerous in a different sense.

Bane: Broke Batman physically, trapped all of Gotham's police underground, overturned the Dent Act, took over Gotham

Joker: Broke Batman emotionally (causing him to go into seclusion for eight years), turned Harvey Dent into a monster, took over the mob, twisted Gotham to hate Batman

It really comes down to personal preference, as both were devastating to Gotham and to Batman. Keep in mind, though, that the Joker ultimately won by creating Two-Face and making Gotham hate Batman, while Bane (even though he had Gotham on its knees) was eventually stopped and defeated.

Avatar image for masteroftheuniverse
    MasterOfTheUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Look its pretty clear Joker way off Banes league Bane has trapped police officers, caused anarchy in Gotham city, armed a bomb, bankrupts Batman and beat the bats out of batman, and you know what? batman didn't even beat bane once! in the end bane didn't even die or anything he just got shot by the cannons by batman's bike from cat women, Bane isn't just some grunt/brute hes a superb strategist and tactician, Joker didn't really do much did he even though he got Harvey Dent batman beat Harvey Dent and Joker while with Bane he need cat women, Bane uses his advance fighting skills that apparently he made to counter martial arts or martial art concept to beat batman, while batman has his gadgets and martial arts he still cant beat Bane even though he tried, he never did beat Bane, just screwed Banes plan, Bane VS Joker that is going to be interesting but im going with Bane, what makes you think that if Batman cant beat bane but can beat Joker that joker is going to beat Bane? Joker is unpredictable but Bane expects and reacts quickly as if his improvisations were already planned from the beginning, he knows what to do, in the first scene of Batman vs Bane when batman turn the light off he instantly knows where batman is, Joker is too over confident and dose not posses the mixed form of fear,dominance,strength,manipulative power therefore im going with Bane

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
    RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In the Nolan films 100% Bane! He was the most intimidating villain I have seen in any superhero film yet. Yes he wasn't super-powered but when batman was locked in that underground cage with him, so you really feared for the bat as you knew what was coming. Its the only time in a Batman film I've seen Batman bested physically by a villain and he had all the bases covered.

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza: I don't see what's so intimidating about Bane?

DwightSpitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By DwightSpitz

@apekindabaked said:

But the main question that's bothered me since I saw this movie is, if Ledger had actually been able to keep his shit together and not die, what role do you think he would've had in this movie?

This is a very interesting question, to be honest I think Ledger's death shattered Nolan's original idea for the conclusion. I think we would've seen a totally different movie, perhaps even closer to Miller's Dark Knight Returns than DKR was, but hopefully better executed in that aspect. All in all I felt DKR was a bit rushed, which I believe is because Nolan had to dismiss his original idea.

Because let's face it, there is no way he would've excluded such a brilliant character as Ledger's Joker if he had still been alive. Maybe some kind of co-operation between the two, where both plan to betray one another in the end or something. I don't know, but to me, Joker was the better villain, even if I loved the Nolan's interpretation of Bane. Except for his accent, what the f***?

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Joker is a coward who only takes hostages with the help of hundreds of gang members.

Bane is super strong and kills them himself. He defeated the bat and is certainly a better villain-

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Movie Bane was a bigger threat than Movie Joker.

Rouflex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Biggest threat in the movie? Bane evan if i prefer the movie with Heath Ledger

Avatar image for machinahellfire
    mAchinahEllfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The result of the Joker's rampage was to destroy the people of Gotham's relationship and with the Batman He took away their protector and

Avatar image for machinahellfire
    mAchinahEllfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The result of the Joker's rampage was to destroy the people of Gotham's hope and with the Batman. Despite Batman' and Jim Gordons best effort, the Joker took away their "Protector" and and replaced it with a murderer to be hunted and hated. His attack was on the Batman personally, he took away what Bruce Wayne considered his true identiy and left him an emiitionally and mentally broken recluse, less than a shadow of his former self

Bae on the other hand wanted to burn the people of Gorhamand by the time Bane was halfdone done with the People of Gotham, he had them literally tearing each other apart. He manipulated them into tearing down everything the Batman was physically and emotionally broken to protect. And even though he failed in his ultimate goal, he left a massive scar on the soul of Gotham from a wound he caused them to self inflict.

Which is worse? Since the batman's very existence seems to revolve around protecting Gotham, I think he would consider Bane the bigger threat

Rogue_Synaps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was wondering this ever since I finished watching the trilogy the other night. In the film, the Joker had multiple opportunities to kill Batman, but he chose not to because "he's just too much fun". The same could be said for Bane, that is if Bane killed batman instead of putting him in jail...

Regardless, Bane fought Batman after he had been in hiding for 7 years. Batman was weak physically, and psychologically when Batman, and Bane fought. When Batman made his glorious comeback he beat Bane without "much" effort. Now, Talia, and Bane together could have easily killed Batman if they didn't want him to "see the fire".

All that aside, the Joker was a far more dangerous villain, and could have killed Batman far more easily than Bane. The Joker took over all the organized crime in Gotham, and had multiple cops on his payroll. Had the Joker wanted to kill Batman instead of "play" with him, than Batman would have died in TDK.

If that's not enough for ya, take this into consideration: Bane TRIED to kill Batman, whereas, the Joker simply toyed with him. In the end, the Joker lost because of hubris, and Bane lost because he was simply weaker.

However, Bane is hands down my favorite villain of all the Dark Knight films..."AH, you fight like a younger man, with NOTHING held back... Admirable... But mistaken." HA! GO BANE! WOOHOO! :)

Denzio97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@serpent222: Dude, I read your every word in Aqualad's voice XD

Now about the question, I'd say Bane poses a thoroughly greater threat than Joker. He is about as smart and meticulous as Batman, and much deadlier (for one because he actually kills)... just imagine if the DK himself went rogue, wouldn't he be much more dangerous than his archenemy? And this is just TDK trilogy Bane. Comic-version Bane actually crippled Batman's mind and body and took over Gotham in his f**** first appearance (not that Nolan's Bane didn't, but it wasn't nearly as striking)! Never has Joker done anything like that, even killing Jason was a lesser "triumph"... It's only a shame Bane was never so perfectly depicted again.

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lilben42: step into a steel cage and tell him he punches like a sissie, I bet my last pair of shorts You'll find out.

Funkypanda123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Funkypanda123

Heh Spideyfan69

Juke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Bane caused much more damage to Gotham than the Joker.

pikachumonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Joker, if serious

Avatar image for thebattlecalculatot
    TheBattleCalculatot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sky_Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bane was more focused and overall more deadly.

deathstroke52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Movies: Bane

Comics: Joker

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.