Follow

DC Comics

Publisher »

Originally known as "National Publications", DC is a publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Justice League of America, and the Teen Titans, and is considered the originator of the American superhero genre. DC, along with rival Marvel Comics, is one of the "big two" American comic book publishers. DC Entertainment is a subsidiary of Warner Brothers and its parent company Warner Media.

Alexander Luthor

comic_bruh777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

From the new 52 forever evil storyline. Is he good or bad? I'm under the impression that he was good BUT I know that wasn't the case with the Alexander Luthor from Infinite Crisis. Even though they both supposedly fight against the evil crime syndicate's of their respective earth 3's. Any help would be appreciated:)

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By ScouterV

@laughingbatman: The way, I figured it, he was "good" as far as morality on his Earth went. The thing was, he wasn't a complete opposite of himself like others were. Where Hal is brave and strong on our Earth and a sniveling coward on Earth-3, Lex was still good, but also greedy, arrogant, and power-hungry just like his Prime counterpart.

If he apparently stole the powers of Mazahs, why would he stop there? He took down another one named Blood Hawk apparently. But again, why stop there? There's Ultraman, Johnny Quick, and Deathstorm too.

I would say, I wouldn't be surprised if Luthor was actually more in the line of a "Fallen Hero" or "Tragic Villain." While he may have wanted to do good, his own nature was something he couldn't get over, and from there, it's like they say. "You either die a hero," so on and so forth.

laughingbatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When I read it, I was under the impression he was bad. I viewed the Injustice League as the heroes of the story, and Alexander Luthor tried to kill a them, specifically Lex. So even though he was enemies of the Crime Syndicate on his Earth, he wasn't a hero on Earth Prime.

Avatar image for mattydavehalpeo
    MattyDaveHalPeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He seemed to be a bad guy who was just unwilling to ally with other bad guys.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think anti-heroic. I wish Sinestro or Adam killed him though.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.