Follow

DC Comics

Publisher »

Originally known as "National Publications", DC is a publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Justice League of America, and the Teen Titans, and is considered the originator of the American superhero genre. DC, along with rival Marvel Comics, is one of the "big two" American comic book publishers. DC Entertainment is a subsidiary of Warner Brothers and its parent company Warner Media.

A quick Hellbat vs. Darkseid debunk

IronLord2212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

(My first post. Have mercy ._. ) A lot of people who suffer from the I'm Batman syndrome A.K.A saying that he can do anything and everything without providing actual feats, often bring Hellbat into the argument and say that Hellbat has beaten the crap out of Darkseid and that Darkseid barely survived Hellbat and that Hellbat has even killed Darkseid. However, that is not the case. Hellbat and Darkseid fought in Batman and Robin: Issue 37 (New 52).

On Page 5, Hellbat delivers his first punch to Darkseid

No Caption Provided

On Page 6, we see Darkseid thrashing Hellbat as opposed to a punch.

No Caption Provided

On Page 8, we see Darkseid thrashing Batman again...

No Caption Provided

On Page 9, we see Darkseid crushing Hellbat with his foot and tearing his wings off

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

On Page 11, we see Hellbat delivering his second and third (final) punch

No Caption Provided

On Page 12, we see Darkseid delivering a punch to Hellbat

No Caption Provided

On Page 13, Darkseid fires the Omega Beams at Hellbat and Hellbat uses the Chaos Shard to attract the Omega Beams like a magnet. He used the power to charge his suit up to 100% and here on Page 14, he fires a blast which knocks Darkseid on his feet and Darkseid does not look damaged or as if he were about to lose the fight.

No Caption Provided

On Page 15, the Hellbat suit gives Batman a hazard warning. The suit integrity has been compromised and the core is being magnified.

No Caption Provided

At this point, as you can see, Darkseid literally doesn't give a shit and lets Hellbat escape. 3 punches and one blast as opposed to 1 punch, wings teared off, and the thrashing that Darkseid gave him, let alone the fact that he let him escape at the end even though he could grab him and finish him off. Thanks for reading. Cheers :)

IronLord2212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Page 11 was repeated. I'm so sorry ;_;

tcrighton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nicely done for a first post! I agree, the power of the Hellbat suit has been greatly exaggerated and it baffles me as to why. It is known that the suit slowly kills the user, so, in this particular fight between Hellbat and Darkseid, it is a no-brainer Darkseid would win because he would need to merely outlast Bruce until the suit kills him. Now, Hellbat suit against Aquaman or GL or Cyborg would be an interesting match; however, Hellbat versus Darkseid, WW, or Superman is clear win for the latter three. Again, nice job!

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

HellBat couldn't beat Darkseid? WOW nobody knew that...

IronLord2212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis: This article is meant for those Batman fanboys who overhype him and say that he easily beat Darkseid though they have never even read the comic

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

@entropy_aegis: This article is meant for those Batman fanboys who overhype him and say that he easily beat Darkseid though they have never even read the comic

No one ever said anything about Batman beating Darkseid with Hellbat, please provide proof of the existence of these imaginary fanboys.

IronLord2212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis: I'm not lying or kidding if that's what you think. I'm in a couple of FB groups and it comes up all the time in the groups and also some comic related pages. It has come up twice today.

Insigniad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Insigniad

I believe you left out one crucial fact: If batman were not scouting the whole planet of Apokolips and slaying parademons all day, it would have been a much fairer fight. Also, that means the Hellbat suit drains metabolism at an extremely slow rate.

Essentially it was Hellbat at it's weakest VS. Base Darkseid

Regardless, batman still packed a punch.

I wish we got to see more of this suit and it sucks that we couldn't see a fair fight either.

Rurgandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does it really matter? The narrative focus of this story was Batman going through hell to resurrect his son, and Darkseid was chosen as a physical representation of the obstacles he had to overcome. That's all there is to it.

jackiplier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Everyone knew Hellbat couldn't beat Darkseid -- I don't get the point of the thread.
    However, I see many people on vines are underestimating Hellbat. Saying that classic Iron Man suit can beat Hellbat and even Black Panther himself. Let's face it, Hellbat is near Kryptonian level, and it also seems to have an regenerative ability. (The wings regenerated)

Avatar image for look_at_dis_duuude
    Look_at_dis_duuude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't seen nor thought too many people said Hellbat beat Darkseid...but still, it's true a lot of people really low ball the armour...I mean, this thing was forged in the goddam sun by superman, speed force tested by The Flash, built and designed wings by Green Lantern, and whatever that little special something Aquaman and Wonder Woman put in...the things higher than most armours.

Avatar image for look_at_dis_duuude
    Look_at_dis_duuude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not to mention with Cyborg's tech too.

Insigniad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rurgandy said:

Does it really matter? The narrative focus of this story was Batman going through hell to resurrect his son, and Darkseid was chosen as a physical representation of the obstacles he had to overcome. That's all there is to it.

Good point.

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The most overrated batsuit ever

X-RAX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is wrong.It doesnt matter the quantity of attacks you give. the quality of each matters more. as you can see hellbat literally made darkseid fall and he only stood after darkseid left to not get defeated again. morover it was said before that hellbat had to hold back to save damien and if hellbat knocked out darkseid he wont use hellbat. Darkseid was bloodlusted.So hellbat was holding back and even then destroyed darkseid

PebblesFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@x-rax: You are wrong. Clearly you didn’t read the comic and didn’t bother reading the post. You choose to pay attention to Hellbat getting a power surge and using 100% just to knock Darkseid back a few metres, but completely ignore Darkseid knocking Hellbat on his ass while destroying chunks of his suit while in base form and not even trying. Please just read the article next time and stop riding Hellbat, you just prove the OP correct

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.