All-Star Superman animated movie

Rainshadow777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Movie version of Grant Morrison's book. I have to say that initially I wasn't a fan of the comic as I found it really disjointed and disorientating. I couldn't get my head around what was going on. So when watching this I pulled the book out again and had another look.

This would have to be my favourite DC animated movie by quite a way.

This has great storytelling, amazingly cohesive plot and the strongest emotional thrust of any of the DC movies I've seen with the possible exception of The Dark Knight Returns. The direction and tone of the All-Star Superman movie are perfect.

A couple of the episodes/issues of the book were omitted from the movie, and I think this really helped the storyline to breathe and stay a little more focused without losing the flavour of the source material. By trimming the more zany parts of the book the movie just flourished.

At 73 minutes the timing was perfect.

If anyone hasn't seen this movie they need to do so immediately. 10/10.

Post-script: I used to put Grant Morrison down but after reading Arkham Asylum and All-Star Superman (the second time) I really feel like I understand him now. Amazing writer.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.