Follow

Darth Vader

Character » Darth Vader appears in 1467 issues.

Once a heroic Jedi Knight known as Anakin Skywalker, Darth Vader was seduced by the dark side and became a dark Lord of the Sith. After severe injuries at the hands of Obi-Wan Kenobi, locking him in a metal suit, Vader would go on to terrorize the galaxy. Under the apprenticeship of Darth Sidious, Vader served as a powerful enforcer for the Galactic Empire and hunted down any surviving Jedi after Order 66. However, in spite of everything he had done, there were still remnants of good in him.

Would Anakin Skywalker of been the most Powerful Jedi?

• 131 results
    Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
    StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

@mitran said:

Yes. He in fact doesn't pale in comparison to anybody. Being Vader, he still had access to a bunch of power, and Palpatine actually believed that any loss in power was actually did to a mental belief that he was no longer as powerful. Even while limiting himself that way, Vader was in the same ballpark as Palpatine, who was the most powerful Sith ever.

Luke was the most powerful Force-user in Star Wars, and Lucas said that Luke is basically what Anakin would have become. I don't have any evidence for any of this, though.

Couldn't have said it better myself

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#103  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@reactor said:

Okay dude, intentionally or otherwise, you're just too antagonistic to keep discussing this with. This is my last post, you can ignore it, read it, respond to it, whatever.

1. I had to make that point because you missed my earlier one. I mentioned Palpatine was strongest, but Vitiate had abilities he didn't. You specifically said Vitiate had "nothing on Palpatine... Nothing". That is a very clear implication that Palpatine was superior in every conceivable way, which was untrue. I thus made the point of mentioning that while Palpatine was the strongest Sith Lord up till his era, other Sith or Force Users had taken aspects of Sith power to further extremes than him, at least feat wise. Hence, I made a reference to Vitiate and Plagueis, who had taken certain abilities to greater magnitudes than Palpatine did, namely Farsight and Midichlorian manipulation. TL;DR, It was a point to explain an earlier point.
    2. Again dude, you're being way too hostile here.
    3. Yeah, I know *you* were referring exclusively to Jedi or Sith, but several of us here *were not*. Abeoleth was brought up several times, and so were the Ones of Mortis. The thread was directed initially at Jedi/Sith, so I can understand why anyone bringing in Force Entities would seem out of place.
    4. You apparently do more than "care less", because you responded to it and are actively posting about it. If you misunderstood the context, well that's just the way things go, misunderstandings happen. Cool reference for a copy/paste, though.
    5. In some paraphrased words of Spock; "Reverting to a derogatory gesture suggests you’re defensive and therefore find my objection valid."
    6. I'm not your son, this isn't a battle, and it's not a red herring, *it's been the entire point of almost every single post I've made in this thread*. Using feats to voice who you believe would win in a battle is one thing. Trying to establish it as fact is another. It's why wiki sites with a high standard, such as Wookieepeida - which was been used by known Star Wars authors - don't dabble in it. And when something official has been declared, it is always taken about feat using, because using feats to determine a victor in a battle is wholly speculation. It's fun speculation and can be very conclusive, but it's not more than that. Even with that aside though, you were missing the point of my saying it to begin with.
    7. Coolio
    8. Again, this isn't the battle forum. And again, that is your speculation. You may *feel* that those characters' feats put them above, but there is nothing truly concrete to say otherwise. Do you really think what we decide or conclude here by consensus makes it fact? Or irrefutable? We're collaborating fanboys, not novelists or comic writers. What we think is worth a grain of salt. Also, I never once debated who was stronger than who, you did. I simply stated, as I had from the beginning, that Galen was officially and thus canonically stated to be one of the most powerful Force users in history, potential wise. That's it. (Ps, I love debating Star Wars too *thumbs up*)
    9. Doog. Yrev doog.

I would reply, but honestly it has been 6 days and I lost all interest I've had in this discussion. You have your opinion the matter, I have mine and it's obvious we have seemed to reach an impasse so it's not even worth my time anymore.

Also I honestly don't see how I was being "hostel", but whatever. Good day sir.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#104  Edited By Jnr6Lil

Luke is the GOAT Force Sensitive, agreed?

Would put Jacen over Yoda & Palpatine.

On top of that he's stood toe to toe with Abeloth.

And Anakin at his full potential would've been where Luke is who is said to be as powerful as a fully realized Anakin.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jnr6lil:

Luke is the GOAT Force Sensitive, agreed?

Would put Jacen over Yoda & Palpatine.

On top of that he's stood toe to toe with Abeloth.

And Anakin at his full potential would've been where Luke is who is said to be as powerful as a fully realized Anakin.

Jacen is not more powerful then Yoda and he is certinly not more powerful then Palpatine.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@jnr6lil said:

@dccomicsrule2011: He is. Yoda & Sidious are both overrated

No they're not. Yoda is canonically the most powerful up until Luke and Sidious is canonically the most powerful Sith.

Besides statement, they also out-weigh him in the feat department as well.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@jnr6lil: Please tell me what feats Jacen have that supersede Palpatine, even after he has been labelled as the most powerful Sith Lord in history by many sources:

Yoda went after Palpatine in the empty Senate chamber, but could not defeat the most powerful Sith Lord in history.Source: The New Essential Chronology

Darth Sidious proved to be the grim culmination of a thousand years of Sith philosophy and teachings.

Source: Jedi vs Sith: Essential Guide to the Force

When the Sith finally emerged from a thousand years of watching and waiting, they numbered—in accordance with the tradition set down by Darth Bane—only two. The most powerful of these was Darth Sidious, an ice-cold, diabolically calculating genius equipped with the strength of the dark side of the Force, as well as an enormous wealth of Sith artifacts, equipment, and knowledge.

Source: The Dark Side Sourcebook

And then there was Palpatine, of course: he was beyond power. He showed nothing of what might be within. Though seen with the eyes of the dark side itself, Palpatine was an event horizon. Beneath his entirely ordinary surface was absolute, perfect nothingness. Darkness beyond darkness. A black hole of the Force.

Source: Revenge of the Sith

Palpatine has spent decades studying the most arcane and esoteric Jedi disciplines. It is believed that he has mastered nearly all the known powers, previously unknown powers, and devises new ones at his pleasure.

Source: Dark Empire Sourcebook
    Talic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jnr6lil said:

Luke realized less than a tenth of that.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only Luke Skywalker could pass him

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@talic: Actually Lucas said Luke's power was Anakin's at his full potential.

@shootingnova: He merged with the Force and held his own against Luke.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@jnr6lil:

I fail to understand this line of reasoning at all. Yoda feats surpass Jecen's. And no, Yoda has alot of other feats besides he duel with Dooku and Palpatine.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By Jnr6Lil
    Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jnr6lil said:

@dccomicsrule2011: The man merged with the Force

Oneness is not something he can achieve at will.... Normally he inferior to Yoda.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By Jnr6Lil
    Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jnr6lil said:

@dccomicsrule2011: But he did.

So has Revan and a few others....Doesn't change the fact that they're inferior to Yoda and it's not something they can do at will.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jnr6lil said:

@dccomicsrule2011: Yoda is overrated

Still nothing to prove he is? Canon has stated Yoda is the greatest Jedi up until Luke.

Canon>>>>>>Your opinion. I would love to see How Yoda is overrated.

Talic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jnr6lil said:

@talic: Actually Lucas said Luke's power was Anakin's at his full potential..

Luke would have surpassed The Father, but he didn't.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By ShootingNova
    @jnr6lil said:

@talic: Actually Lucas said Luke's power was Anakin's at his full potential.

@shootingnova: He merged with the Force and held his own against Luke.

Oneness is not a voluntary power, nor is it permanent. It's a temporary amp, and Luke has already merged with the Force too, along with Anakin, and numerous others. In fact, Darth Malgus arguably entered such a state.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dccomicsrule2011: Canon's also stated Jacen could've surpassed Luke

@talic: He defeated Abeloth didn't he, who was more powerful than the Father

@shootingnova: Not merged as in they died.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jnr6lil:

Canon's also stated Jacen could've surpassed Luke

Where was that stated? Also that doesn't matter we're not arguing potential here anyway,.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Talic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By Talic

@jnr6lil said:

@talic: He defeated Abeloth didn't he

That's oneness though.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By Jnr6Lil
    ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jnr6lil: What in the world is that supposed to mean? Luke has entered Oneness before as well, an Oneness is a monumental but temporary amp. It isn't consistent with their showings, and therefore not applicable. You still haven't given me Caedus's feats which surpass Luke's.

Avatar image for youmessinwithme
    youmessinwithme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

in a very long time yes.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yes he would have been heck the guy not even near his full potential managed to subdue the daughter and son at the same time. Such a shame he never kept his memories of that experience. Alas his downfall was his own insecurities and the insecurities of those around him.

Chiraq_windy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By Chiraq_windy

Yes. According to the great Holocron detailing the prophecy of the Chosen One; Anakin had the potential to be the most powerful Jedi of all time.

Jedi vs Sith: Essential Guide to the Force
    Jedi vs Sith: Essential Guide to the Force

Avatar image for deactivated-5e17f138bcf00
    deactivated-5e17f138bcf00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Simply put, yes.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.