Follow

Darth Vader

Character » Darth Vader appears in 1467 issues.

Once a heroic Jedi Knight known as Anakin Skywalker, Darth Vader was seduced by the dark side and became a dark Lord of the Sith. After severe injuries at the hands of Obi-Wan Kenobi, locking him in a metal suit, Vader would go on to terrorize the galaxy. Under the apprenticeship of Darth Sidious, Vader served as a powerful enforcer for the Galactic Empire and hunted down any surviving Jedi after Order 66. However, in spite of everything he had done, there were still remnants of good in him.

'Star Wars: The Clone Wars' is "Winding Down"

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

With Disney's purchase of the franchise, many of us were left wondering what this meant for the show's future. Considering the program's success on Cartoon Network, it was fair to assume the animated adventure would simply move to Disney XD, but it looks like the show will instead become one with the force.

No Caption Provided

Lucasfilm made the announcement today, but it's not all bad news for fans. Supervising Director Dave Filoni says, "The best is yet to come" and showed a new clip which revealed the beginning of Order 66. While a new season for The Clone Wars on XD doesn't seem likely, it's entirely possible these additionally tales could be clumped into an animated film.

Additionally, it sounds like there's a new show in the works... one that dives into "a time period previously untouched." The announcement also says the debut of Star Wars: Detours (Seth Green, Todd Grimes, Matthew Senreich) will be delayed.

Here's the full message:

As we enter into an exciting new era focused on the next Star Wars trilogy, Lucasfilm has decided to pursue a new direction in animated programming. We are exploring a whole new Star Wars series set in a time period previously untouched in Star Wars films or television programming. You can expect more details in the months to come.

As part of this shift, we have also made some key decisions affecting Star Wars: The Clone Wars and Star Wars Detours.

After five highly successful and critically acclaimed seasons of Star Wars: The Clone Wars, we feel the time has come to wind down the series. While the studio is no longer producing new episodes for Cartoon Network, we're continuing production on new Clone Wars story arcs that promise to be some of the most thrilling adventures ever seen. Stay tuned for more information on where fans can soon find this bonus content. In the video below, Supervising Director Dave Filoni offers a peek of what is to come in Star Wars: The Clone Wars.

At Star Wars Celebration VI last year, George Lucas gave fans a glimpse at the animated comedy series Star Wars Detours from Seth Green, Matthew Senreich, and Todd Grimes. Detours was conceived and produced before we decided to move forward with the new Star Wars trilogy, and in the wake of that decision, Lucasfilm has reconsidered whether launching an animated comedy prior to the launch of Episode VII makes sense. As a result, we've decided to postpone the release of Detours until a later date.

We are incredibly proud of the teams at Lucasfilm Animation for creating some of the most amazing animation ever produced for TV. Keep checking StarWars.com for new developments on these and future projects.

This show has certainly left us with a lot of questions (what does this mean for Darth Maul?!), but at least it went out on a fantastic note. You'll be missed, Star Wars: The Clone Wars.

Source: Starwars.com

Avatar image for deactivated-5d921c81bd12c
    deactivated-5d921c81bd12c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

As much as I don't want to see this stop, I'd love this to be replaced by an new series in the Rebellion era.

Trevel8182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 30

#2  Edited By Trevel8182

I loved Clone wars but I would be excited to see a new Star Wars show. In a new time period done by the Clone Wars team!

Duo_forbidden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 604

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By Duo_forbidden

In a weird way, that makes sense not to produce a season 6 on a new network, but at the same time, it's puzzling. I guess they will be web episodes or something.

leokearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By leokearon
    doombot890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By doombot890

is joss whedon secretly killing all the things we love!? Joss you cruel cruel geek god you!!

well enough of my dramatics. I'd like to see something not from the main saga era....maybe the formation of the jedi order or golden age of the sith...but probs wont :(

AskaniSon295

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By AskaniSon295

Rule of the Empire, Rule of the Sith, Birth of the Rebellion, Everything that happens between Episode III & IV. Ahsoka Tano Vs. Darth Vader, Assaji Ventress Vs. Darth Vader, Obi-Won Kenobi and his new Padwan Assaji Ventress, Darth Maul and Savage Opress Vs. Everyone, The Republic Senate & Bail Organa Vs. The Emperor, Teen-age Han Solo, Teen-age Boba Fett, Chewbacca and the Wookies, The Hunt for Yoda, The Regret of Cody & Rex, Wedge Antilles & His New Droids. There is so many good stories to be told, I'm excited.

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By KnightRise

Why must Cartoon Network lose everything I love? I had hoped Disney/Lucasarts and Warner Bros could compromise on this....

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
    StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

#8  Edited By StMichalofWilson

@guttridgeb said:

As much as I don't want to see this stop, I'd love this to be replaced by an new series in the Rebellion era.

You sure it's going to be the Rebllion era? Don't get me wrong, I would love to see that as well!

Sobe Cin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By Sobe Cin

Wonderful clip, really want to see the continuation of what just happened. As for a new series, I would love to see an Old Republic cartoon.

Trevel8182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#10  Edited By Trevel8182

Green Lantern: The Animated Series... cancelled

Young Justice ... cancelled

Spectactular Spiderman ... cancelled

Wolverine and the XMen ... cancelled

Avengers: EMH ... cancelled

Transformers Prime ... cancelled

This ... cancelled

Why do the smart sophisticated shows that we like because they are mature and have good story telling and characters get cancelled and crap like ultimate spiderman stays on!? WHY!?

CaptainUseless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By CaptainUseless

@Trevel8182: Transformers Prime wasn't cancelled. At least I don't think it was.

Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By Omega Ray Jay

Shame to see this go, I've just started to catch up with it to :/

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#13  Edited By Lvenger

Well at least this show is just going on a temporary hiatus with a promise of future episodes. Why can't Warner Bros follow suit and just keep Young Justice frozen in carbonite instead of cancelling it?

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
    StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 107

#14  Edited By StMichalofWilson

@Trevel8182 said:

This ... cancelled

Why do the smart sophisticated shows that we like because they are mature and have good story telling and characters get cancelled and crap like ultimate spiderman stays on!? WHY!?

Answer: Greedy bastards who care more about merchandising than good content on tv.

Cypher4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By Cypher4

This is nothing new. They told us years ago before the first episode even came out the series was going to last five years. We knew before it started it was going to be over after 5 seasons.

iceslick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 83

#16  Edited By iceslick

I think he meant Transformers Prime season 3 which has been announced as the Final Season. It's airing on March 22.

CaptainUseless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17  Edited By CaptainUseless

@iceslick: Oh ok, I thought he meant that there wasn't going to be a season 3.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d921c81bd12c
    deactivated-5d921c81bd12c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@StMichalofWilson said:

@guttridgeb said:

You sure it's going to be the Rebllion era? Don't get me wrong, I would love to see that as well!

This is just what I would like to happen, as far as I know nothing like this has been confirmed.

SpitfireINK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By SpitfireINK

... Now, you will pay the price for your lack of vision!!

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#20  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

As long as we get to see the the current storylines, such as the one involving Darth Maul, get the closures they deserve I'll be happy if they want to start winding down the show. This war could only go on for so long and I'd rather they close things out and tie it into what happens in Episode III rather than drag the series out for the sake of dragging it out.

But the fact that they're already planning of replacing the series with a new one makes me less worried. Hopefully they'll continue with the same animation with the new series.

ScreamingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ScreamingGhost

@Trevel8182: Hopefully since Prime knows this is the last season there will be some sort of resolution but yeah all these great shows being cancelled has this animation enthusiast bummed.

Avatar image for emperormeister734
    Emperormeister734

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 10

Why is everything I love coming to an end?

Shadowsnake89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#23  Edited By Shadowsnake89

@Trevel8182 said:

This ... cancelled

Because the companies don't care about people like us who enjoy quality programming. The only thing I have left to look forward to is Legend of Korra, the new TMNT series, and surprisingly enough Ben 10: Omniverse. This is so lame all the decisions Lucas has made. I even wrote a song about it.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#24  Edited By owie  Moderator

That's too bad, I thought Disney was doing another season.  But I really liked the season finale, it had some real emotion and meaningful change.  I'd be interested to see any Order 66-themed stuff, but really also any other Star Wars time period as episodic TV.

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
    RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, its about time that this wind down. there's only so much that can be said before the Clone Wars come to an end. Kinda sad about the delay of Detours, but hey, guess it has to be done, right?

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
    amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

#26  Edited By amazing_webhead

Can't wait to see what happens to Ahsoka.

@Trevel8182 said:

"Creative" does not mean "crap"!!! Why is it every time they take a franchise in a remotely new direction, people just talk shit about it?

weaponxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#27  Edited By weaponxx

@Trevel8182 said:

This ... cancelled

QFT

Avatar image for monkeyonurback_
    monkeyonurback_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28  Edited By monkeyonurback_

including the actually well animated cartoon and this cheap attempt at those shorts' greatness, this show has being going since i was 10..

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.