Follow

Darth Vader

Character » Darth Vader appears in 1467 issues.

Once a heroic Jedi Knight known as Anakin Skywalker, Darth Vader was seduced by the dark side and became a dark Lord of the Sith. After severe injuries at the hands of Obi-Wan Kenobi, locking him in a metal suit, Vader would go on to terrorize the galaxy. Under the apprenticeship of Darth Sidious, Vader served as a powerful enforcer for the Galactic Empire and hunted down any surviving Jedi after Order 66. However, in spite of everything he had done, there were still remnants of good in him.

Star Wars: The Clone Wars - "Citadel Rescue"

Doctor!!!!!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By Doctor!!!!!

Love the show.......Commander Tarkin knows what to get a future Sith lord some ideas.
    red_rover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By red_rover

Looks like he's preparing to hold Vader's leash.  How sweet.

DarthStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By DarthStorm

Tarkin is show quite well in this. It does justice to Peter Cushing.

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By NightFang3

Love this show!

KRYPTON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By KRYPTON

Kinda of funny when you think of how much Anakin hates Tarkin when he is Darth Vader

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By gmanfromheck

Here's some info on this episode, airing this Friday. 

After their ship is destroyed, Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi must find a new means of escape from the Citadel. They lead the freed prisoners – including the Republic’s Captain Tarkin – across the planet’s perilous landscape as Plo Koon commands a Jedi armada through Separatist defenses in a daring rescue attempt. It’s the thrilling conclusion to a three-part Clone Wars storyline in “Citadel Rescue” –  airing at 8:30 p.m. ET/PT Friday, March 11 on Cartoon Network.

For Stephen Stanton, assuming the iconic role of Tarkin – made famous by Peter Cushing in Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope – was not a responsibility to be taken lightly. Using the first Star Wars film as a starting point and a foundation, Stanton immersed himself in the legendary actor’s filmography and early TV work, while at the same time dissecting the character for clues to Tarkin’s personal trajectory.

“Peter Cushing’s original Tarkin was the epitome of someone who had succumbed to the dark side. [He] is that quiet, elegant, grandfatherly kind of villain that you want to believe in with all your heart.  And when you do, he turns on you with a smile and says ‘You’re far too trusting’ – and then destroys everything that you hold dear,” says Stanton. “But since I don’t believe anyone is born evil, I approached the younger version of his character from the standpoint of a career military man who fervently believes that what he is doing is the right thing. That gave me a certain amount of latitude to ask questions of the character – like, what was he like before he embraced the dark side? On one hand, I am using Peter Cushing’s voice and performance as a template, so I want to keep the essence of what he did. But on the other hand, I’m creating the voice of a young Tarkin – who no one has heard before. I think these new episodes challenge our ideas of who Tarkin was in A New Hope more than it reflects his character and what we know about him at the end of his days.”

Accused of “holding Vader’s leash” by the captive Princess Leia in Episode IV, Tarkin has the distinction of being the one Imperial officer with some authority over the menacing Sith Lord. He commands Vader with haughty impunity, publicly dressing down the master of the Force. According to Stanton, that relationship had to start somewhere.

“The relationship between Anakin and Tarkin – and ultimately Vader and Tarkin – is what is being explored now in The Clone Wars,” he says. “Who exactly is this Grand Moff and why is he able to exert control over Lord Vader?  It was never fully explained in the films, but we’re getting some hints of how it all might have started.  For myself as a viewer, I think Tarkin recognizes a kindred spirit in Anakin. It’s the choices they make and why they make them that will determine their destination. How their story evolves should be quite interesting.”

Avatar image for knightofhonor100
    knightofhonor100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By knightofhonor100

Oh Dang!
    RYU/BATMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By RYU/BATMAN

The actor who plays as the tarkin from this show almost sounds like the guy from the original movie. almost.

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Fetts

Where is Fives???? Omg if they kill Fives I'm gonna be PISSED.

spystreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By spystreak
    @Fetts said:
    "Where is Fives???? Omg if they kill Fives I'm gonna be PISSED. "

sorry to say this but they're clones it's what they're made for the only one we know will not die is Commander Cody as he is seen in Revenge of the sith Rex, Fives, echo,Wolffe they were made for this series and most likely will die at some point in the war I don't like it either but there's nothing we can do it's all up to the writers
    Avatar image for mysteriomaximus
    MysterioMaximus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By MysterioMaximus
    @KRYPTON said:
    " Kinda of funny when you think of how much Anakin hates Tarkin when he is Darth Vader "
    ...since when does Vader hate Tarkin? From what I understand they were good friends.
    Eyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By Eyz

Very nice to see this universe building up to the classic SW trilogy.

Shouldn't this have been the real prequel trilogy instead of what we got in theatres?? °__°
    Who's with me?

theicon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By theicon
    @Eyz:  i am
    cyberninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

#14  Edited By cyberninja

Grand Moff Tarkin: O rly?  
     Anakin Skywalker: Ya rly  

LordTaronji101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By LordTaronji101

This show is starting my favorite part of all star wars storylines

the fall of anakin......may the force be with us all

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.