Follow

Darth Vader

Character » Darth Vader appears in 1467 issues.

Once a heroic Jedi Knight known as Anakin Skywalker, Darth Vader was seduced by the dark side and became a dark Lord of the Sith. After severe injuries at the hands of Obi-Wan Kenobi, locking him in a metal suit, Vader would go on to terrorize the galaxy. Under the apprenticeship of Darth Sidious, Vader served as a powerful enforcer for the Galactic Empire and hunted down any surviving Jedi after Order 66. However, in spite of everything he had done, there were still remnants of good in him.

Has Star War: Rebels changed your opinion of Darth Vader?

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

Poll Has Star War: Rebels changed your opinion of Darth Vader? (18 votes)

Yea it did by alot.. 11%
    Yea somewhat.. 22%
    No not really.. 67%
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

• 
    jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By jumpstart55

Because i know before rebels alot of people would call him a clunky,clumsy slow cyborg torso light bright. Everytime you mentioned how much of bad dude Vader was interms of speed,lightsaber dueling and force skill, they would immediately hearken back to the old films and use that as proof of a lack of speed and any impressive feats. Even though the books and comics told quite the opposite tale. So i guess since Vader is shown being portrayed in the more fluid and fast pace manner of Star War Rebles, its likely that the illusions of his lack of speed and mobility would start to disappear.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Never though he was slow to begin with, even in the old movies you do see the saber combat being quick, especially in the ESB and ROTJ duels. He's not as slow and stiff as people imply even in the movies.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
    deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, Vader is actually a cool guy. He's just misunderstood and not a naturally patient guy. He might've force choked a couple imperial employees. But what else is he to do? He tries to be a understanding and compassionate boss or manager. Yet his employees fail and fail time after time. I'd be pretty pissed too, if the stormtroopers under his command can't hit anything with their blasters.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4 the_stegman  Moderator

I don't watch rebels, but I never thought him slow.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By dernman

I never thought he was slow I just thought he wasn't agile. SW Rebels didn't really do anything to dispel that idea.

Prossor_Kobras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, Vader is actually a cool guy. He's just misunderstood and not a naturally patient guy. He might've force choked a couple imperial employees. But what else is he to do? He tries to be a understanding and compassionate boss or manager. Yet his employees fail and fail time after time. I'd be pretty pissed too, if the stormtroopers under his command can't hit anything with their blasters.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The old EU comics changed my opinion of him.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not really. You could tell by his fights in rebels he still focuses more on power than speed. They did a good job capturing his style.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a98875cd0f94
    deactivated-5a98875cd0f94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hated Vader's portrayal in Rebels.

But from the EU, people knew he was relatively fast. He generated afterimages with his lightsaber, contended with Maul, deflected blaster fire, and more.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.