Follow

Darth Vader

Character » Darth Vader appears in 1463 issues.

Once a heroic Jedi Knight known as Anakin Skywalker, Darth Vader was seduced by the dark side and became a dark Lord of the Sith. After severe injuries at the hands of Obi-Wan Kenobi, locking him in a metal suit, Vader would go on to terrorize the galaxy. Under the apprenticeship of Darth Sidious, Vader served as a powerful enforcer for the Galactic Empire and hunted down any surviving Jedi after Order 66. However, in spite of everything he had done, there were still remnants of good in him.

A Look at Canon Vader

Kundelar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

At the time of the EU decanonization, Vader was probably hit harder than any other character considering his lack of high-level feats in the OT. It has now however been over a year, and Vader has had many showings that put him back in his power rankings, and possibly higher than before even. The Darth Vader and Star Wars canon comics have shown his mastery of the force to be more what you would expect of the Chosen One, even if he can never be at his full potential. This being said, there are still a few important questions we need to ask when considering Vader's new abilities.

-Originally it was said that when Vader lost most of his body mass his force abilities were stunted because the Force flows through biological matter. Do you think this is still canon or is this not longer a problem for Vader?

-Vader seems to be significantly more agile and is said to be one of the greatest duelists of all time in the new canon. His feats in both the comics and Rebels have somewhat backed this up, as he has taken on very agile foes and not been shaken when fighting two or even 4 light sabers. Is Vader now on par with or above duelists like Dooku, or do you not think there is sufficient evidence to say this yet?

-Is Vader now a prep master? In the Darth Vader comics he seems to have some sort of highly developed plan or trap set up to heavily sway the events of each battle or conflict in his favor. This was not seen as much before the new canon but he now regularly seems to be a prep expert.

Prossor_Kobras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. I feel this is probably semi-canon, as in the people writing this will probably be considering this the truth, but won't bother putting it out on paper.

2. He doesn't seem all that more agile to me in Rebels than he did in the film, but I've never read the comics, so I can't judge.

3. I've never really seen Vader as a prep master. He's always felt to me as someone who shows up, and everyone he wants dead will be dead. He's practically a force of nature in how he'll just wipe out his opponents. Of course, he was also a master strategist, yadda yadda, but I haven't seen all that much of Vader recently. I am aware that he's quite gifted with manipulation.

Kundelar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@prossor_kobras: Have you read the Darth Vader comics? Very good I'd highly recommend it and it gives good insight on Vader.

Prossor_Kobras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kundelar: I have not, I've seen some scans and was interested, but money's not something I have a ton of right now.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.