Follow

Darkseid

Character » Darkseid appears in 1524 issues.

Uxas, famously known as Darkseid, is the supreme monarch of the ecumenopolis, Apokolips. Widely regarded as one of the Justice League's worst adversaries, the greatest enemy of New Genesis and one of the biggest threats to the DC Multiverse, he seeks to bend everything to his will and remake the cosmos in his image, while searching for the Anti-Life Equation, an equation which seemingly consists of immense power that has the potential to dominate all life in the DC Multiverse.

Is Darkseid resistant to telepaths?

justanormalguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By justanormalguy

Say for example, Charles Xavier approached him, could he penetrate Darkseid's mind?

Or maybe someone from Darkseid's own universe, like Martian Manhunter. Has there ever been instances of this?

I'm not really looking for people to tell me "yes". I'm looking for evidence with scans.

Anyone got anything?

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By majestic99

Darkseid is completely immune to psionics(telepathy, telekinesis,etc. won't work on him).

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By PowerHerc

@majestic99 said:

Darkseid is completely immune to psionics(telepathy, telekinesis,etc. won't work on him).

This.

And it is how it should be.

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By majestic99

@justanormalguy: @PowerHerc:

Scans:

X-Men/Teen Titans #1[Vol.1]

Here Darkseid probes the mind of Charles Xavier and gains all the knowledge he wishes to know:

justanormalguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By justanormalguy

@majestic99: How does that prove he is resistant to it, though?

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By PowerHerc

@majestic99: Well I be damned! I stand corrected.

I didn't think it was possible to do this to Darkseid, but I should've known this happened; I read it about 30 years ago.

Well, even if Darkseid is susceptible to psychic/psionic abilities, I don't think he should be.

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By majestic99

@justanormalguy:

Charles can only protect his mind against telepaths that are not immune to his powers. Anyone that can breach his mind(Darkseid, Jean Grey with the Phoenix Force has done it, both easily) is immune to other telepaths.

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By majestic99

@PowerHerc said:

I didn't think it was possible to do this to Darkseid, but I should've known this happened; I read it about 30 years ago.

Well, even if Darkseid is susceptible to psychic/psionic abilities, I don't think he should be.

Darkseid read Charles Xavier's mind, not the other way around.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By PowerHerc

@majestic99 said:

@PowerHerc said:

Darkseid read Charles Xavier's mind, not the other way around.

I made an assumption instead of reading the panels. My mistake.

I've read them now.

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By majestic99

@PowerHerc: No problem.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By PowerHerc

@majestic99 said:

@PowerHerc: No problem.

Thanks, but I'm still an idiot for not being thorough.

justanormalguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By justanormalguy

@majestic99 said:

@justanormalguy:

Charles can only protect his mind against telepaths that are not immune to his powers. Anyone that can breach his mind(Darkseid, Jean Grey with the Phoenix Force has done it, both easily) is immune to other telepaths.

That sounds like ABC logic to me....

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By majestic99

@PowerHerc said:

Thanks, but I'm still an idiot for not being thorough.

Don't worry about it.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

#13  Edited By cbishop

I'm sorry that I don't know the exact source, but someone once told me there was a story where Aquaman of all people staggered Darkseid with his telepathy.  If anyone has a scan of that (from JLA, I think) I would really love to see it.

justanormalguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By justanormalguy

My answer really never was answered...

@cbishop: Bad writing maybe? Or perhaps Darkseid actually is susceptible to telepathy.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

#15  Edited By cbishop

@justanormalguy said:

@cbishop: Bad writing maybe? Or perhaps Darkseid actually is susceptible to telepathy.

Well, understand, this was told to me secondhand, so I understood it as this: Aquaman tried to reach Darkseid telepathically, Darkseid basically told him his mind was too alien for Aquaman to comprehend, and Aquaman said something along the lines of, "I talk to fish - there's no mind more alien than that," and put the whammy on Darkseid. I have yet to see the scene for myself.

It's Darkseid though. The truth is: he's going to be resistant or not as the various writers call for it. Someone so powerful is rarely written consistently.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#16  Edited By Outside_85

Well in the X-Men/New Teen Titans cross over, Raven was able to empathically read him...or rather realize that Darkseid is an emotional void.

Bekka, Orions wife would comment that Darkseid was immune to her because he was a glacier in the same regard. (It was in one of those Superman/Batman stories...probably the last story featuring Darkseid before Death of the New Gods).

During Our Worlds at War, Wonder Woman along with the Amazons and Raven had to bridge with Darkseid on some level to reignite his Omega Powers.

There was that instance in the Great Darkness Saga where he displayed his own telepathic powers and brainwashed Draxam (it was repeated in Final Crisis), being able to do it himself usually makes it hard to be immune (I think).

All of that said, I think you'd need to be a pretty powerful telepath to get into Darkseid's head, and hopefully you have a mind if you ever get out again.

KingofMadCows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By KingofMadCows

You'd have to be a pretty insane or stupid telepath to want to get into Darkseid's head. Even if Darkseid was not immune to telepathy, any attempt to read his mind would probably lead to some pretty horrible results. In fact, I think that Darkseid would actually want people to read his mind so that they can see their own hypocrisy and corruption reflected in Darkseid's mind, and just how righteous Darkseid is, and how wrong they are to oppose him.

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By majestic99

@cbishop said:

I'm sorry that I don't know the exact source, but someone once told me there was a story where Aquaman of all people staggered Darkseid with his telepathy. If anyone has a scan of that (from JLA, I think) I would really love to see it.

@justanormalguy said:

Darkseid isn't suspectible to it. He's effortlessly resisted Martian Manhunter's telepathy.

In the near future, MM fights Darkseid on Mars, and MM knows that his telepathic attacks are useless against DS.

m99

jobbernos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By jobbernos

yes.

stevon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By stevon

@majestic99: @majestic99: Do we know if Uncanny XM/TT and the future fight with MM actually officially in continuity for pre-flashpoint Darkseid?

I mean, I know that Pre and post crisis DS should be the same unchanged person logically, which means he has immense telepathic power taking into account Pre Crisis feats, but I wasn't sure if crossover or future timeline events were canon.

stevon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By stevon

@majestic99 said:

@justanormalguy: @PowerHerc:

Scans:

X-Men/Teen Titans #1[Vol.1]

Here Darkseid probes the mind of Charles Xavier and gains all the knowledge he wishes to know:

Yeah, but it looks like he didn't do that with his own telepathic abilities, he used a glove that gave him entry to Xavier's mind.

I know that Darkseid has the ability to contend with strong telepaths and do telepathy of his own, I just don't see how that feat is legitimate.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.