Follow

Daredevil

Series »

A Netflix series set in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

The First Half of Daredevil Delivers Greatness

• 73 results
    RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@silverpool: I disagree on it being just good after ep 7. I'm up through 11 and liked all I've seen. Sure there is some slowdown on the action front after the fight with Nobu, but taking the time to flesh out Wilson and Foggy as well as showing our hero mending as opposed to magically being back up to 100% is great.

It just has to keep this momentum up for two more episodes...

As far as being better then the rest, I'm inclined to agree with you. I have no interest in a Batman show sans Batman, and while I do love Arrow, it's a stutter step behind DD.

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@risingbean: It could have been that I was a little fatigued from the show. I had watched it in two nights, so I cleared it quite quickly.

We'll see how well I like those last few episodes this time (Time to rewatch!!!)

Avatar image for dathomiesilversurfer
    DatHomieSilverSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I honestly would prefer to just see more Daredevil as opposed to the upcoming "Defenders" series

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Best thing in the MCU today.

InFamous_Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

This show is beastly man. All the characters are well written and realistic. Can't wait for that Season 2 greatness!

BubbaDuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This show is amazing. I just watched episode 7 this afternoon, and I can't wait to keep going. I can't even focus on studying for my quiz tomorrow haha.

I've never been a fan of the CW super hero shows, or Agents of Shield. I wasn't sure about this show either, until that Hallway Fight Scene in episode 2. Man that was sick.

It is weird that this show is part of the MCU. All of those movies have a very similar "fun" feel to them, and this show is so gritty.

KnightofSteel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By KnightofSteel

This show is riveting, visceral and an outright brilliant adaptation of Daredevil on screen. Although the tone is somewhat removed from the current DD in comics (by Waid) it does borrow heavily from the Bendis/Maleev and the Miller run. Five more episodes to go for me!

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As does the second half. I'd be impressed if Luke Cage, IF and Jessica Jones are this good.

RoboShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I just got to finish the 13th episode. I'm pretty satisfied overall with the season. I hope whatever Marvel does next with their Netflix series has just a bit more of that big Marvel scope than this did. I just wanted it to tie a little more to something we could nerd out about lol.

TheBlackHood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By TheBlackHood

I really liked the series quite a bit more than I would have anticipated after the crapfest that is Agents of Shield. I will say that though that a lot of my love for it comes from really like Noir films and crime movies ala the Departed and LA Confidential. However, I did have one minor gripe with it upon finishing the series. My friend asked me: "How would you describe the series in comparison to another comic book movie?" Thinking about it for a moment I said: "Its like the Dark Knight if you take out Scarecrow, Twoface, and Joker." And then it dawned on me that Daredevil, while awesome, is only sort of a comic book television show. Again, I like crime stuff so this was fine. I really hope we get something in season 2 because another season of punch and kick the punk will get old, even with the Spartacus showrunner at the helm. I also kept thinking toward the last couple episodes how much I would miss this and wished they had done Moon Knight or Punisher instead of Jessica Jones and Luke Cage.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok. Aside from a slight shift in tone from grit to camp once Matt put on the red devil suit, It's aces. I'd still rate it 5/5.

nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Glad they gave a lot of love and attention to an MCU villain besides Loki for once.

BigMan1227

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#63  Edited By BigMan1227

@surza7: just don't compare the acting to the Flash or Arrow, because the acting in Daredevil is 1000 times better

Surza7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigman1227: that is your opinion fair,but like I told my friends I love fisk and Matt,rest of the actors are eh to me.I still enjoy the acting more on Flash though ,that's my opinion and won't change.

Avatar image for tylerdurden7272
    TylerDurden7272

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By TylerDurden7272

Ok. Aside from a slight shift in tone from grit to camp once Matt put on the red devil suit, It's aces. I'd still rate it 5/5.

You can definitely tell Cox was trying to hide the smile on his face when put the costume on. He must of loved it. I agree, it did get a little campy (not too campy though) but I can let it slide.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By RisingBean

@risingbean said:

You can definitely tell Cox was trying to hide the smile on his face when put the costume on. He must of loved it. I agree, it did get a little campy (not too campy though) but I can let it slide.

What got me was the shift in fighting style and a slight degradation of physics. I just really got attached to how street level and pulpy Matt was in earlier episodes. The hallway fight in episode 2 may be the action highlight of the series for me. Along with the "bloody and alone" conversation with Claire it's my favorite scene and I feel it defines Matt's core the best. That relentless avenger of the innocent and pursuer of justice, damn the consequences.

As for Cox loving the costume, I hope so. I also hope Netflix has enough of a hit on it's hands that season 2 gets fast tracked. As it stands now my understanding is that we'll have to wait until Cage, Iron Fist, Jessica Jones and the Defenders series to finish before we see more of Matt and company in his solo series.

I really hope it doesn't take that long.

iSummers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

for season 2 we need bullseye elektra and hand

glclemg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought Foggy kind of went overboard about Matt. (You mad bro?) Not too mention the suit doesn't transfer to real life, aka Captain America in the first Avengers movie. Nevertheless, I do like the darkness of it, I just hope next season doesn't disappoint.

Komed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel just trumped not only all DC Tv efforts, but themselves aswell. This is just great, not only the best live action superhero comic adaptation, but one of the best TV series one can watch.

Avatar image for deactivated-57dd84d2af8d3
    deactivated-57dd84d2af8d3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is season 2 out yet? I need season 2.

batarangbamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm convinced the NYPD are bigger villains in the MCU than Hydra at this point. Atleast Hydra has ideals and goals. These cops could care less as long as _______ is paying them.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
    The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

I knew this show would be better than Arrow. Best comic book TV series ever.

Avatar image for captain_batman_ftw
    captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

My favourite part of the entire show was when Matthew was explaining Foggy why he's doing what he's doing; when he told the story about the father molesting his own daughter. I almost cried knowing that it's actually like that in real life. The darkness and the entire plot of the show is fantasitc. I'm just sitting here waiting for season two.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.