Follow

Daredevil

Series »

A Netflix series set in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Season Two of Marvel's Daredevil Coming to Netflix in 2016

• 87 results
    inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    No Caption Provided

Marvel announced that Daredevil is coming back to Netflix for a second season. The announcement comes as no surprise, although what may surprise them is how quickly it was announced and that there's new folks in charge.

The second season will have two new showrunners though. Doug Petrie (American Horror Story) and Marco Ramirez (Sons of Anarchy) worked with Executive Producers Steven S. DeKnight and Drew Goddard during the first season and now Petrie and Ramirez will serve as the showrunners for the next season. They will also join Goddard and Jeph Loeb as executive producers for season 2.

“While previous commitments unfortunately prevent me from continuing on with Daredevil into its second season," DeKnight explains, "I could not be happier that Doug Petrie and Marco Ramirez are carrying the torch. They were invaluable collaborators during our first season, and I for one can't wait to see what they do with the show moving forward."

Marvel and Netflix certainly have their work cut out for them. Coming up next is AKA Jessica Jones, which will start streaming later this year. Up next is Luke Cage, which debuts in 2016. At this point, the second season of Daredevil would come out and at some point in the future, both The Defenders and Iron Fist will hit Netflix.

wmarshal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I am not sure how I feel about this, the last season was magic, why change the formula?

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

~MiB

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4 the_stegman  Moderator

I'm surprised it happened so fast. I thought they'd do the other shows first, then come back to DD.

Mr. Kamikaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

im kinda glad for this. I didn't want to have to wait till all the other shows + Defenders streamed before getting more Daredevil. This will theoretically carry over to the other shows as well. I was originally prepared to wait something like 2 years for season 2, so I like this.

It's easy to forget these are shows and not movies, so waiting too long in between seasons would've been a bummer for several reasons.

theMightyMODOK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

Hopefully they've fix that awful mistake of wasting -------- (not going to spoil what it is, but I hated it). Apart from that I've really loved this season so far.

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm hoping that Elektra shows up in the upcoming season

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
    amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

never doubted them for a second :)

Cuboid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm happy about this, but I really hope it doesn't (negatively) affect the other shows. I loved Daredevil, and I'd like to see more, but I'm really interested in what will happen with the other series (especially Iron Fist), and I hope Marvel isn't like "Daredevil did so well, let's stick with it and not put so much effort into the other shows" (like with Spidey pushing back some of the upcoming films) - I've seen nothing suggesting this will happen. I'm just a pessimist :P

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sternfan99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good to hear.

It would suck to have to wait 3-4 years for the Defenders just to see the character again.

Can't wait to see the Jessica Jones series.

Avatar image for bluelantern1995
    BlueLantern1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 26

Surprised to hear its coming that soon. I'm super spoiled by how good it is. Can't wait!

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looking forward to it.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

While I enjoyed season one and can't wait for season two, I was kinda wanting it to happen after The Defenders crossover. The fact that season two will already be out before Daredevil team's up with Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, and Iron Fist has me worried they may be rushing the series due to how great it was received and Marvel simply wants to cash in on that.

The thing that worries me is that it reminds me a lot of what happened to Iron Man 2, which after how successful Iron Man 1 was, IM2 didn't hold up to the first film and felt more like a pit-stop until The Avengers came out. My fear is that this might fall into the same mistake, with Marvel trying to cash in on the successful season one, but in actuality it will just feel like a pit-stop until The Defenders comes out.

Hopefully that won't happen, and so far I'm not too worried, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little concern at how fast Marvel's moving with this.

SynCig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 45

Great news. Now I'll be counting the days until season 2 is out.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 tparks  Online

I was wondering how this would work. Obviously the show is successful enough that it demands another season, but with the other series coming out, and the Defenders, I wasn't sure how they were going to work it into the timeline. Apparently, it's just cram it in there. LOL. I love it, besides, I don't know how these other shows are going to top what DareDevil did anyways, so bring on more!

Maddpanda531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dear god yes. Hopefully Season 2 will introduce The Hand, Bullseye, Elektra, and (most importantly) The Spectacular Stilt-Man.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 70

@the_tree said:

So glad I don't have to wait years for more Daredevil.

Also, I need Bullseye.

My thoughts exactly. Elektra's debut and more of Stick are also musts, I think.

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

knew they would mess it up. "lets strike while the iron is hot. forget our plans lets push everything back for this" but what else could expect from the same folks that pushed back ms. marvel and black panther for a SIXTH spiderman film. ugh! tomorrow is going to be an interesting news day cause so many thought "Netflix would never do this. they wont feel the pressure and do what they want" yeah right. told ya so told ya so. all Hollywood is the same

GalacticFork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Wow... I'm shocked I had absolutely no idea they were doing a Jessica Jones or Luke cage series. I'm not all that shocked about a second season of Daredevil coming so soon. It was amazing.

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cuboid:

its in the article. they said they are pushing back iron fist and defenders for daredevil. so instead of getting iron fist and luke cage next year we are getting luke cage and daredevil. now this sets a president, who says they wont do the same for luke and Jessica if they are big hits then iron fist and defenders gets pushed AGAIN

Avatar image for martianmanhunterisbetterthancy
    MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

While I enjoyed season one and can't wait for season two, I was kinda wanting it to happen after The Defenders crossover. The fact that season two will already be out before Daredevil team's up with Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, and Iron Fist has me worried they may be rushing the series due to how great it was received and Marvel simply wants to cash in on that.

The thing that worries me is that it reminds me a lot of what happened to Iron Man 2, which after how successful Iron Man 1 was, IM2 didn't hold up to the first film and felt more like a pit-stop until The Avengers came out. My fear is that this might fall into the same mistake, with Marvel trying to cash in on the successful season one, but in actuality it will just feel like a pit-stop until The Defenders comes out.

Hopefully that won't happen, and so far I'm not too worried, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little concern at how fast Marvel's moving with this.

I share the same sentiments.

knew they would mess it up. "lets strike while the iron is hot. forget our plans lets push everything back for this" but what else could expect from the same folks that pushed back ms. marvel and black panther for a SIXTH spiderman film. ugh! tomorrow is going to be an interesting news day cause so many thought "Netflix would never do this. they wont feel the pressure and do what they want" yeah right. told ya so told ya so. all Hollywood is the same

If you read the Sony emails on Wiki Leaks, you would know that Sony placed a mandate that Marvel had to release their reboot of Spidey by 2017. That's why everything else got pushed back.

Avatar image for greenlanterndeadpool
    GreenLanternDeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@perfect_10 said:

@cuboid:

its in the article. they said they are pushing back iron fist and defenders for daredevil. so instead of getting iron fist and luke cage next year we are getting luke cage and daredevil. now this sets a president, who says they wont do the same for luke and Jessica if they are big hits then iron fist and defenders gets pushed AGAIN

God dammit! Really?! :/ Iron Fist is the one that I'm extremely excited for... Like, dangerous levels of excitement. You're tellin' me I have to wait even longer to see Rand on screen??? t_t

Cuboid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@perfect_10: @greenlanterndeadpool:

I could be wrong but I wasn't reading that as anything was being pushed back. Then again, I don't think I ever knew the release schedule. I was thinking it was Daredevil this year, Jessica Jones 2016, Luke Cage 2017, etc. so with Jessica Jones coming out this year, I was already wrong. That's a real shame though, if stuff does get pushed back.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

Nice

Avatar image for deactivated-613e82c4b95f9
    deactivated-613e82c4b95f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

Fantastic news!

And I saw it coming, I mean, with how successful DD has been, it's hard to imagine why they wouldn't continue.

Kurosame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

I did not yet finish season one. It just does not catch me. I am still waiting for the great show everybody is talking about but up to episode four it is mainly boring. I will watch it to the end, but at the moment I am very disappointed...

But it is nevertheless good to hear that there will be second season. May the MCU grow!

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
    deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Avatar image for superior_prime_maybe
    superior_prime_maybe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope they dont change the tone and feel of it.

COBRAMORPH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think they should have done Luke Cage first, then Jessica Jones. Or maybe put her show last. She is the one I care the least about, & was the only one that felt like a facepalm move for "diversity". Should have done Silver Surfer, Moon Knight, or Namor deserve to be used before her.

Avatar image for davidgrantlloyd
    davidgrantlloyd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Season 1 was brilliant. Hopefully, the quality remains just as high

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just as I figured.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
    ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

This sounds like it could be really good or really bad.

iSummers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

kreygasm

Jbreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome news, loved the first season and I am so glad we didn't have to wait till after The Defenders to get another season.

RedAlert539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#37  Edited By RedAlert539

While i loved DD and want a second season i'm not sure i like this. Like someone else said it feels rushed out just because the first season was so succesful. They had their plan(DD, J.Jones, L.Cage, Iron Fist and then Defenders) and now they seem to just try and shoehorn a second season in the overall storyline. I hope i'm wrong and this won't affect anything, but i guess we'll have to wait and see.

Avatar image for currentthor2015
    CurrentThor2015

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

YES!!!!!!

RedAlert539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@cobramorph: Since she is the least known member of the four putting her in th middle is the right move instead of putting her first or last. And Silver Surfer and Namor? Fist of all they don't fit AT ALL with the street level hero thing they have going with the Defenders and second it would be out of a series budget to bring these characters on tv. Especially Silver Surfer.

Pelykan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still hoping they change his mask a little. The part above his nose doesn't look right.

staphin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By staphin

Wait seaon 1 is already finished

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Erybody wants stilt man

mann808

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not complaining at all! Loved it and can't wait for more! This is the advantage of shows streaming on Netflix. You can cut out a lot of that greedy middle man crap and begin production a lot sooner! CAN'T WAIT!

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmph. As it should.

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greenlanterndeadpool: i could be wrong, they could do THREE marvel shows next year but that is a lot of money in a short period of time and it interrupts the flow of the story telling they were planning. since we dont know what they initially planned (like with edgar wright's antman) it could be argued that we wont miss what we never knew. i just hope the quality doesnt go down. new show runners and rushing to do a new season which they could start filming as early as this year has me worried

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Jenkale

@martianmanhunterisbetterthancy: yeah im not reading anyones personal emails but thanks for the info. i know its because of spidey that they pushed the movies back which is why they should have just left him at sony but they love that spiderguy

Avatar image for deactivated-57dd84d2af8d3
    deactivated-57dd84d2af8d3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

YES! YESYESYESYES! They struck gold with Daredevil, they'd be stupid to not follow up with Season 2 next year. I can't wait to see Cox and D'Onofrio back in action.

Time to binge watch the show a second time.

Comickidd77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it was marvels plan all along. Season one of daredevil had quite a few things that were hinted at an left open for another season. why wait 3 year or so for those to be answered. Also gives daredevil more time to be a established. Think of him as iron Man Of the Netflix heroes. Hopefully not going the route of iron man though because that would be very saddening

the_comebacks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 51

Alright! Great news! I'm already excited for season 2

sasquatch888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By sasquatch888

@redalert539 said:

While i loved DD and want a second season i'm not sure i like this. Like someone else said it feels rushed out just because the first season was so succesful. They had their plan(DD, J.Jones, L.Cage, Iron Fist and then Defenders) and now they seem to just try and shoehorn a second season in the overall storyline. I hope i'm wrong and this won't affect anything, but i guess we'll have to wait and see.

trust me a possible second season was always in the works they just needed to see if daredevil would be an epic failure or an epic success before they announced it and it was an incredible success so here comes season two

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.