Follow

Daredevil

Character » Daredevil appears in 4764 issues.

As a child, Matt Murdock was blinded by radioactive waste while trying to save an elderly stranger about to get hit by a truck carrying the dangerous material. In turn, his other senses were heightened to superhuman sharpness and he gained a form of "radar sense". By day, he is a successful trial lawyer; but by night, he guards Hell's Kitchen as Daredevil: the Man Without Fear.

Will Karen Page turn herself in for her crime?

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So the DD Netflix show is great, everyone agrees with that. However, one point about the show pisses me off. Karen Page is directly responsible for the deaths of 3 people, but she gets off scott free just because she's the hot girl and future love interest of the hero. We get a few token scenes throughout the series to show how she's feeling a little guilty, but she doesn't really seem to be that bothered by the blood on her hands.

She literally killed a dude and if she was such a great person who believed in the law, she would turn herself in for judgement. I agree that she could get off on a plea of self-defense, but that doesn't change the fact that she killed someone. And knowing the kind of plot armour this type of character gets, they'll probably never mention it again.

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, I hate how dudes can kill and don't get overrun with sadness and guilt and mess things up for everyone why can't Karen just be strong realize it's self defense and don't make thinks harder for Matt and foggy that's pretty much just saying imo women aren't strong enough to emotionally handle those things

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 rogueshadow  Moderator

No. F*ck Wesley.

I think that it will undoubtedly be mentioned again. Fisk will be gunning for her if he ever finds out, that's going to be a constant threat at the back of her (and my/the audience's) mind.

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rpgesus: It's not about being a woman being emotionally weak. I'd expect a normal man to have just as much guilt over killing someone as a woman would.

She should turn herself in because she professes to believe in the law. She might even get off on self-defense. But, as of now she is a hypocrite who is supposed to be a good person while she is willingly disregarding the sanctity of law.

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rdclip: lol are you talking about where she was kidnapped and about to be killed so she saved herself.... I would do the same thing she did why didn't dd turn himself in for killing nobu or putting people into a coma or not divulging criminal activity to the police I mean he's a lawyer with more obligation to the law than karen

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Rpgesus

@rdclip: not to mention they know the police force is corrupt or was so she didn't say anything because it would get back to Fisk who karen knows would poopoo on her like ben and she is insanely scared as you can see by her dream

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By RDClip

@rpgesus: If you kill someone in real life and don't report it, you are still breaking the law whether or not it was self-defense. DD should feel pretty bad about killing Nobu since he explicitly stated earlier he wouldn't kill. The writers really turned him into a hypocrite just as Nolan turned Batman into a hypocrite for everyone he killed in TDK trilogy.

And I meant Karen should turn herself in after the feds cleared out the corrupt cops.

I'm tired of Hollywood writers letting heroes or their allies get away with murder while still claiming that they aren't killers. If you want to have a hero not kill people, then goddam stick with it.

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the world isnt so black and white, there is a gray area where pretty much everyone operates

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By RDClip

@rpgesus: Except that when a hero makes a absolute statement like they don't kill and then kill, they are a hypocrite.

You can either have a hero kill or not kill. You can't make them claim to be one thing and then go against it without damaging the character.

I don't have a problem with either type of character. But if you're going to have a character break a no-kill rule, then it sure as hell be a pretty big plot point and a turning point for the character. In What Ever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow? Superman feels such guilt that he accidentally killed Mxy that he depowered himself permanently.

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rdclip: if he didnt kill him he would be dead and superman is a corny boyscout so not everyone is gonna be like that

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rpgesus: So, even though it was self-defense, it doesn't at least afford a scene where the good Catholic boy ask for forgiveness at confession?

Avatar image for deactivated-57dd84d2af8d3
    deactivated-57dd84d2af8d3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Of course not. Karen's clearly an intelligent woman. Turning herself in would paint a target not only on her back, but on the backs of Foggy and Matt. I think we're going to see this really tear at her and possibly contribute in causing a downward spiral for the character.

Avatar image for comicsrulebutdbzdoes2
    ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Killing isn't always a bad thing don't let batman corrupt your mind

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@rdclip: I don't think you understood the show very well.

GrenadeFlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By GrenadeFlow

She should. She's not above the law.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#16  Edited By daredevil21134

@jonny_anonymous said:

@rdclip: I don't think you understood the show very well.

LOL!

@grenadeflow said:

She should. She's not above the law.

So should Matt turn himself into since he breaks the law every night?Should Karen turn herself to a police deparment that tried to murder her in their custody?

@comicsrulebutdbzdoes2 said:

Killing isn't always a bad thing don't let batman corrupt your mind

Hahahahahahahahah.Exactly!

@rdclip said:

@rpgesus: Except that when a hero makes a absolute statement like they don't kill and then kill, they are a hypocrite.

You can either have a hero kill or not kill. You can't make them claim to be one thing and then go against it without damaging the character.

I don't have a problem with either type of character. But if you're going to have a character break a no-kill rule, then it sure as hell be a pretty big plot point and a turning point for the character. In What Ever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow? Superman feels such guilt that he accidentally killed Mxy that he depowered himself permanently.

Part of what makes Daredevil interesting is his hypocrisy.He's not self righteous like Batman and other heroes and Karen Page isn't a hero and the Hell's Kitchen P.D aren't trustworthy.

Avatar image for theheaven_guardian10
    TheHeaven_Guardian10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
    deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I think a little Daredevil reading is in order here.

But, to answer the OP's question, no. She shouldn't "turn herself in". Wesley left her no choice when he very clearly explained to her that her life, and those of whom she loves, would belong to Fisk. Her pulling the trigger (repeatedly) was simply an instinctual response. No jury would find her guilty, but in the world she lives in, no jury can't be bought. This is the world of Hell's Kitchen in the Daredevil mythos.

One of my favourite scenes out of the series.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

What a big hoopla over absolutely nothing.

GrenadeFlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So the villains kill everybody but the hero has to play nice and just let them kill and put them in jail. Oh sorry Karen should just turn herself into the cops so they can try again to kill her in jail but this time not botch the job? What should she have done because we all know if that was us in that seat with the guy whom just said they were going to kill every member of her family one by one and then when that was done kill her. She just had the right frame of mind to hand him the gun back and wave goodbye to all she loved and cared for. But hey forget about the fact that this man , this second to the kingpin of crime himself and voice to the power had no armor on what so ever and pretty much died a lame death. I say just make him a mutant and bring him back from the dead no murder committed what so ever. Self protection and the protection of everything she held dear. If she did come forward her life would be measured in ticks of the clock anybody with any sense would know that. That is why she locks the office know and that is why she looks over her shoulder and I would not be surprised if she is not taking self defense classes and learning how to defend herself. Turning herself in is a laughable idea at best.

TheDevilofCle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By BlackWind

Karen was nearly killed by a security guard in prison. She knows how corrupt and dirty the system is and there is no way she is going to give herself to it. The system cannot be trusted.

As for Wesley, he was hardly innocent and deserved to get shot full of holes the way he did. Self defense in every definition of the word. If anything what we saw was that Karen isn't going to be anyone's victim.

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By tigerkaya

Self-righteous DC Fanboy go back to the DC threads.

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tigerkaya: Oh I'm so sorry that I have an opinion. I'll go stand in the corner and think about what I did.

If you don't have anything worth saying, then you should probably keep to yourself, hotshot ;)

MsSpirra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's too late for Karen to turn herself in claiming self Defense, she can eat, smile and celebrate as if nothing happened. She is wicked. She needs to be placed in a loony hospital.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.