Follow

Daredevil

Character » Daredevil appears in 4764 issues.

As a child, Matt Murdock was blinded by radioactive waste while trying to save an elderly stranger about to get hit by a truck carrying the dangerous material. In turn, his other senses were heightened to superhuman sharpness and he gained a form of "radar sense". By day, he is a successful trial lawyer; but by night, he guards Hell's Kitchen as Daredevil: the Man Without Fear.

What's Left of Daredevil's Rouge Gallery?

RightScar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By RightScar

No Caption Provided
    I had a discussion with friends a few days ago about whom is going to be showing up in Daredevil new volume as villains when he comes back in July? It seems like a good portion of his villains have been wiped out. I mean the main guy Bullseye was killed. I thought he would be brought back by the end of Shadowland but it appears the opposite happened. Does anyone think Marvel will go through the trouble of actually bringing him back? Lady Bullseye,The Kingpin and Typhoid Mary are still out there, will the Kingpin add another assassin to his arsenal? What do you guys think..who will appear as a villain in DD's new book?
    Icon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Icon

None of the above, at least for a while. Waid has said he wants to introduce new villains, or at least new to Daredevil. He is going to start with established Marvel villains, like Klaw, that DD has never faced before and go from there.  

It may be quite a while before we see any old foes come back. If Waid does decide to use some of them eventually the ones I'd like to see are Typhoid Mary, Lady Bullseye, Mr. Fear, Bushwacker, and Killgrave, because we haven't seen them in a while (except for Fear and Lady Bullseye obviously). 

RightScar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By RightScar

Is Bushwacker still alive? When was the last time he was seen? Do you know? 
    Also I hope they keep Purple Man away.He's a joke of a villain.Complete canon fodder.

Icon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Icon
    @RightScar: He was seen recently in X-Force and apparently killed by Wolverine (well, it's what Wolverine does). I take comic book deaths with a grain of salt though. x] Before that he was seen in Siege as one of the Hood gang.

Anyway, in addition to Klaw, Waid has said Electro will show up as well (the first villain DD actually faced way back in the beginning). Those are the only confirmed villains we can be sure to expect at this point. 
    RightScar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By RightScar
    @Icon said:
    " @RightScar: He was seen recently in X-Force and apparently killed by Wolverine (well, it's what Wolverine does). I take comic book deaths with a grain of salt though. x]  Anyway, in addition to Klaw, Waid has said Electro will show up as well (the first villain DD actually faced way back in the beginning). Those are the only confirmed villains we can be sure to expect at this point.  "
    Nice.
    Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By Gambit1024

He's fighting Electro? Nice. I think he could take on Spider-Man villains, so I wouldn't mind if they shared villains.  

Mr. Fear and Bulleye should make a comeback. They are the best DD villains, imo. They'll probably just make up some new villains, but I'll be disappointed if they're just copies of good villains (Lady Bullseye)

Icon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Icon
    @Gambit1024 said:
    " He's fighting Electro? Nice. I think he could take on Spider-Man villains, so I wouldn't mind if they shared villains.   Mr. Fear and Bulleye should make a comeback. They are the best DD villains, imo. They'll probably just make up some new villains, but I'll be disappointed if they're just copies of good villains (Lady Bullseye) "
    She isn't a copy though. She took the name because he inadvertently saved her as a kid and was inspired by that, but they have almost nothing in common. 

I personally don't want to see too many Spider-Man villains showing up because when they do it just feels like DD is fighting Spidey's leftovers (with the exception of the Kingpin who came into his own more as a Daredevil foe). I'd like to see brand new characters, but what you'd like is probably more likely to happen. :]
    RightScar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By RightScar
    @Gambit1024 said:
    " He's fighting Electro? Nice. I think he could take on Spider-Man villains, so I wouldn't mind if they shared villains.   Mr. Fear and Bulleye should make a comeback. They are the best DD villains, imo. They'll probably just make up some new villains, but I'll be disappointed if they're just copies of good villains (Lady Bullseye) "
    He's already fought Electro more than once.Hopefully Waid will come up with a feasible way for DD to pull it off because Stan Lee,Loeb and whomever else wrote their fights didn't.
    Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By Gambit1024
    @Icon: Well too much is gonna be a bad thing, but I'd like to see him matched up against them.  

@RightScar: I have high hopes for it. Waid's an awesome writer and I've never read anything bad from him. I didn't know DD and Electro crossed paths that many times though
    daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#9  Edited By daredevil21134
    @RightScar said:
    " @Gambit1024 said:
    He's already fought Electro more than once.Hopefully Waid will come up with a feasible way for DD to pull it off because Stan Lee,Loeb and whomever else wrote their fights didn't. "

Mark Waid also said he will be creating new DD villains
    shawn87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 602

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By shawn87

hope they do something involving Kingpin

RightScar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By RightScar
    @shawn87 said:
    " hope they do something involving Kingpin "
    Only if Daredevil kills him..you know by accident.
    Avatar image for donovan_montgomery
    Donovan Montgomery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 17

@Icon:  DD has fought Klaw before, if Waid doesn't know this already, I hope he goes back and does some catch up.
    No Caption Provided

@Gambit1024: Bullseye needs to stay dead for a while (forever), but I fear because no one (ie: Punisher) actually put a bullet thru his head at the end of Shadowland he'll be back all to soon :(

As for villains in the new volume, I wouldn't mind a few new faces, but seeing him interact with a wider variety of bad guys will be a nice change.

What they should really do with him, either to get the ball rolling or soon anyways, is to have him deal with the Kingpin/Hand situation.  That is a combination you don't want hanging around to long.

Avatar image for reversenegative
    ReverseNegative

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By ReverseNegative

It saddens me, but IS considered a Daredevil villain:

Stilt Man
    Stilt Man
    skaarason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By skaarason

i would love to see gorgon Tomi Shishido as a dd villain , maybe during the dark avengers and new avengers story , and later in daredevil afterwards !!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.