Follow

Daredevil

Character » Daredevil appears in 4766 issues.

As a child, Matt Murdock was blinded by radioactive waste while trying to save an elderly stranger about to get hit by a truck carrying the dangerous material. In turn, his other senses were heightened to superhuman sharpness and he gained a form of "radar sense". By day, he is a successful trial lawyer; but by night, he guards Hell's Kitchen as Daredevil: the Man Without Fear.

So Sam's gonna replace Matt right?

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Since He's "dying" soon and Sam is basically his Roy Harper sans addiction, it's pretty much a given that Sam is the new DD right?

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I forget he exists, sometimes. Shows how impactful that character is to me.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Since He's "dying" soon and Sam is basically his Roy Harper sans addiction, it's pretty much a given that Sam is the new DD right?

I had that feeling from the first time he showed up and Matt decided to train him just because.... He offers nothing and isn't a very interesting character. He hasn't built Daredevil any new weapons or done anything meaningful except serve as a talking point to Soule's feeling on the American immigration system. He could have been interesting but Soule didn't do a good job giving us reasons to care and motivation for Matt to train him after having a fresh start with his life and choosing to cut people off.

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134: I like the kid and look forward to his tenure as the man without fear

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134: I like the kid and look forward to his tenure as the man without fear

Well I hope he dies when Matt comes back

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@invain said:

I forget he exists, sometimes. Shows how impactful that character is to me.

He's one of the worse new additions in the DD mythos, ever.

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Invain

He's definitely an underdeveloped character. Maybe a better writer could make him interesting. But as he is, he doesn't seem like he could carry a solo series.

Anyway, Soule's run has turned out to be a disappointment for me. The mayor Fisk storylsine had so much wasted potential. I haven't read Daredevil in a few months. I'm not sure yet if I'm going to finish the run or wait for Matt to return with a new writer to start reading again.

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134: great thing is that he probably won't and will end up on the Champions.

Haha

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Invain I think a better writer coould have done miles better. It's like Soule just wanted him to have a patner and added no rhyme or reason to it. He's just there. If he were making Matt cool tech and doing things worth a damn I'd care. Instead he whines and adds nothing except that he's an immigrant with daddy issues. I had high hopes for Soule's run so I hate to rant so hard but I certainly don't miss him. He had some bright spots in his fun but also had more mediocrity than anything else.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thank God he's not replacing Matt.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.