Follow

Daredevil

Character » Daredevil appears in 4762 issues.

As a child, Matt Murdock was blinded by radioactive waste while trying to save an elderly stranger about to get hit by a truck carrying the dangerous material. In turn, his other senses were heightened to superhuman sharpness and he gained a form of "radar sense". By day, he is a successful trial lawyer; but by night, he guards Hell's Kitchen as Daredevil: the Man Without Fear.

Daredevil Rights At Marvel Studios

• 120 results
    Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
    sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Start as a show, build it up to a movie. I see profit in this. No cameos in other films.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#102  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

Damn.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By DEGRAAF

Honestly to bring him in to the Marvel Cinematic Universe he should start as a character in Spiderman i think. He could work well in a spiderman movie. He could even show Spidey up with his almost precognitive skills

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The directors cut of Daredevil is actually pretty good not spectacular but pretty good.

Daredevil would make a better TV Show.

they had a director's cut? I just bought this movie for like $6. I wonder which i got lol

kilon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

just be alone.

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
    WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm happy to these then news about DD being back in the fold. I wonder how they'll fit him in the MCU with the rest of the gang?

He's definitely deserving of a stand alone movie.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc95e8faaad6
    deactivated-5cc95e8faaad6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did I just see something say Christian Bale for DD? hahaha What! One man - Joel Edgerton.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

But personally I hope they don't make a film. I'd rather they just keep the legacy sealed within the comics as I have a funny feeling if they do make a DD film it's going to be based on Waids Run.

Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#108  Edited By Decept-O

Just glad at least one Marvel character movie property is back with Marvel Studios.

Too bad the other ones aren't back yet. It would be nice if people DIDN'T see the movies of other Marvel characters that have been leased out to other studios. Reason being, it might encourage these other movie studios to let their "rights" with the characters lapse and go back to Marvel.

I know I know, some troll will say something to the effect "having them go back to Marvel won't mean they will be better" or something along those lines. Err...I think they would. Look at the success of Cap, Thor, Iron Man and Avengers.

'Nuff said.

blkson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Well if Marvel does decide to go forward with making a DD film, it should have the same scope and feel as the Spider-man flicks. He should be seen swinging through the city with his billy clubs as regular as Spider-man does with his webs. He should be almost as agile as Spidy is too. The previous DD films just didn't capture the feel of the comics at all. They were ok films but DD can be done right if Spider man can.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#110 vance_astro  Moderator

I don't care who plays Daredevil. I could have stomached Affleck if the film was at least written well.

doombot890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By doombot890

they should make it into a TV show i think. give Arrow something to compete with!

kilowog52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Daredevil has always had a very different tone than the Avengers and always refused to join them. Like in New Avengers (Vol. 1) #1 he was one of the characters assembled to thwart the breakout, yet while all the others assembled into the original New Avengers, he declined. He did recently join the New Avengers, but-1) this is part of Marvel's attempt to condense their universe by bringing everybody into one team.

2) the New Avengers does have a very different feel from the main Avengers title.

Adding old Matthew Michael Murcock to the roster of the cinematic version of the the Avengers would be huge mistake. However, maybe if they gave him like a small cameo that could lead into his own solo movie which could in turn lead into a movie about a Marvel Knights team.

tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The problem is that Fox still got the rights for Elektra for a couple of more years and therefor the movie is not a thing there is going to happen in the near future.

SavageDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#114  Edited By SavageDragon

This is great news but I really liked the idea of the FOX reboot of 1970s DD film noir

benblanks86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By benblanks86

Good, bad, I don't give a shit. Daredevil is my personal favorite marvel character and I for one can't wait to see him get another fair shot on the big screen. I mean its bound to be better than the movie we have now. I'm super effing happy.

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
    Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#116  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

@hunter5024 said:

I'm one of those people who doesn't think he fits with the current Marvel universe. Not because of his power level, that seems irrelevant to me, but because of the tone. Daredevil should be dark, and the MCU is anything but that. You could argue that Mark Waid's recent run of Daredevil is a good example of how they could fit him in, but Daredevils most classic stories simply don't fit that mood. Also I worry that he doesn't mesh well with their big plans, just look at how little attention Daredevil gets in the comic book universe compared to other comic book characters. Why would the movie universe be any different?

I hope whoever has Daredevil can deliver a film with the maturity, gravitas, and tone that it deserves, and I worry that Disney is not the company to do that. I wonder if we'll even get a proper movie for him or if he will be relegated to supporting character status like Hawkeye and Black Widow. Kind of hard to be disappointed by this though considering it seemed inevitable. Who knows, maybe they'll prove me wrong, but I doubt it.

Actually I had an idea for how Daredevil and Punisher could go in the MCU. Set them both in the late 70's to early 80's. Make it a period piece. This also allows Frank to still be a Vietnam vet and would really allow for a far different take on the universe with all these characters existing in different time periods that fit them best.

Spydey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#117  Edited By Spydey

So I'm the only one not thrilled about this?

I mean, if DD gets his own stand alone show like DC's doing with Arrow, then yea I guess I'd be stoked about that. But I after seeing what the director had planned for the DD movie, I'm super bummed. Now, there's a chance that not only will DD not get that dark gritty @$$ kickery movie we want to see, he's just going to become another notch in the Avengers initiative and get barely any attention at all, while MS focuses on Iron man and Thor and So on.

I was really hoping Daredevil would be the Dark Knight of DC since Amazing Spider-man failed miserably at delivering.

hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By hunter5024

@hunter5024 said:

I'm one of those people who doesn't think he fits with the current Marvel universe. Not because of his power level, that seems irrelevant to me, but because of the tone. Daredevil should be dark, and the MCU is anything but that. You could argue that Mark Waid's recent run of Daredevil is a good example of how they could fit him in, but Daredevils most classic stories simply don't fit that mood. Also I worry that he doesn't mesh well with their big plans, just look at how little attention Daredevil gets in the comic book universe compared to other comic book characters. Why would the movie universe be any different?

I hope whoever has Daredevil can deliver a film with the maturity, gravitas, and tone that it deserves, and I worry that Disney is not the company to do that. I wonder if we'll even get a proper movie for him or if he will be relegated to supporting character status like Hawkeye and Black Widow. Kind of hard to be disappointed by this though considering it seemed inevitable. Who knows, maybe they'll prove me wrong, but I doubt it.

Actually I had an idea for how Daredevil and Punisher could go in the MCU. Set them both in the late 70's to early 80's. Make it a period piece. This also allows Frank to still be a Vietnam vet and would really allow for a far different take on the universe with all these characters existing in different time periods that fit them best.

That seems like a pretty good way to separate the characters while keeping it in the same universe, but I don't really see them doing that. So far all of their movies have been focused on building up to The Avengers, and I don't think they've shown any interest in creating superhero films that don't serve that purpose. It is a cool idea though!

Gaafar93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Daredevil should have his own thing. Wouldn't want to care for him as much as Hawkeye in avengers. Which is not that huge of a thing....

Just don't want him overshadowed by a story that isn't his and other "cooler" characters.

apg103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Daredevil would have a great live action tv series.

Just look how well Green Arrow turned out.

This is a good idea if marvel can pull it off. he's perfect

tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rolls7royce said:

Start a second Marvel movie franchise focusing on the street level characters. Daredevil, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Shang-Chi, White Tiger, Moon Knight, Doctor Strange and maybe even The Punisher. If only they had the rights to Wolverine and Spider-man, all would be right in the MCU.

Doctor Strange doesn't deal with street level characters. He deals with spirituality.

ace20xd6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#122  Edited By ace20xd6

ABC studios makes Criminal Minds, so an F/X cable show isn't too out of the question, hopefully Marvel'll do that.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.