Follow

Daredevil

Character » Daredevil appears in 4766 issues.

As a child, Matt Murdock was blinded by radioactive waste while trying to save an elderly stranger about to get hit by a truck carrying the dangerous material. In turn, his other senses were heightened to superhuman sharpness and he gained a form of "radar sense". By day, he is a successful trial lawyer; but by night, he guards Hell's Kitchen as Daredevil: the Man Without Fear.

Craziest thing I've ever posted...Daredevil x Harley?

Avatar image for spideyivydaredevilfan26
    SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 41

I don't know, even I think this sounds pretty dumb, but I really can't get this out of the back of my mind...Would Daredevil x Harley Quinn be a good idea? Obviously it wouldn't last long, but would it make a great comic book story? I really think as a lawyer who is CONSTANTLY helping people who appear like monsters but are truly misunderstood inside, he could connect with Harley and try and protect her. Hell, I heard one guy say that DD deserves a sidekick, and while that should NEVER HAPPEN...I think Harley would make an interesting sidekick like character for Daredevil. So...Am I crazy, or could this work?

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

LOL,I don't know where to start.He would probably bang her like he did to Typhoid Mary and send her to the nearest mental institution

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#3 vance_astro  Moderator

They are in two different universes and she's not popular enough to get a crossover with him. She's alot like him but she wouldn't make a good sidekick. She's out of her mind. She'd just be in the way like Elektra.

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 31

Avatar image for spidermonkey2099
    spidermonkey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

I think pairing those two together would make for an interesting story.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

This is the most horrible thing anyone has ever said. Go get institutionalized if those are the kind of thoughts you're having.

Avatar image for fuchsia_nightingale
    Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

They are in two different universes and she's not popular enough to get a crossover with him. She's alot like him but she wouldn't make a good sidekick. She's out of her mind. She'd just be in the way like Elektra.

And Daredevil is ?

They are like on the same level

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 vance_astro  Moderator

@fuchsia_nightingale said:

@vance_astro said:

And Daredevil is ?

Yea, Daredevil is. Alot more popular than Harley Quinn, always has been..always will be.

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 31

#9  Edited By akbogert

@vance_astro said:

And Daredevil is ?

Yea, Daredevil is. Alot more popular than Harley Quinn, always has been..always will be.

oh snap

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
    ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

No

Avatar image for banestrokelobogrundybatarrow
    BaneStrokeLoboGrundyBatArrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

I don't know, even I think this sounds pretty dumb, but I really can't get this out of the back of my mind...Would Daredevil x Harley Quinn be a good idea? Obviously it wouldn't last long, but would it make a great comic book story? I really think as a lawyer who is CONSTANTLY helping people who appear like monsters but are truly misunderstood inside, he could connect with Harley and try and protect her. Hell, I heard one guy say that DD deserves a sidekick, and while that should NEVER HAPPEN...I think Harley would make an interesting sidekick like character for Daredevil. So...Am I crazy, or could this work?

It could work I believe and it would be cool and memorable like in secret six when Bane dated the stripper, it would show different sides of the two. Or like Black Canary and Green arrow... OH WAIT! Thats right New 52 had to ruin that too didn't they?

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 vance_astro  Moderator

@banestrokelobogrundybatarrow said:

It could work I believe and it would be cool and memorable like in secret six when Bane dated the stripper, it would show different sides of the two. Or like Black Canary and Green arrow... OH WAIT! Thats right New 52 had to ruin that too didn't they?

Marvel already has a Black Canary & a Green Arrow, their names are Mockingbird & Hawkeye.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By cameron83

Marvel already has a Black Canary & a Green Arrow, their names are Mockingbird & Hawkeye.

No....just no....

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah well its not the same as BC AND GA hahahahahah BC and GA what a laugh.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WTF?
    WTF?

@vance_astro said:

Yeah well its not the same as BC AND GA hahahahahah BC and GA what a laugh.

No Caption Provided

Yes
    Yes

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By daredevil21134

I rather see him with Huntress

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 vance_astro  Moderator

@cameron83 said:

@vance_astro said:

No....just no....

What?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I rather see him with Huntress

HUNTRESS IS ONLY RESERVED FOR QUESTION!!!

No Caption Provided

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for fuchsia_nightingale
    Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl said:

This is the most horrible thing anyone has ever said. Go get institutionalized if those are the kind of thoughts you're having.

I agree, I was out of my mind when I posted this. Actually have an idea of what went down here.

(Joygirl looks on my profile, sees this thread. When she reads it, it's just as bad as she thinks. These are her immediate thoughts)

Loading Video...

SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LOL,I don't know where to start.He would probably bang her like he did to Typhoid Mary and send her to the nearest mental institution

Yeah, this is the dumbest idea since the "jump to conclusions mat"

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134 said:

Yeah, this is the dumbest idea since the "jump to conclusions mat"

Hey,there's nothing wrong with thinking outside the box.It's cool man

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@spideyivydaredevilfan26:

To even suggest it. O_O

@akbogert said:

I want the opinions of @lykopis and @joygirl.

Never in a million years. He would help her out but that's as far as it would go.

Pull up your pants, Vance - your bias is showing.

@vance_astro said:

And Daredevil is ?

I believe you -- at least you don't have an agenda.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

@lykopis

said:

@vance_astro said:

Pull up your pants, Vance - your bias is showing.

@vance_astro said:

And Daredevil is ?

I believe you -- at least you don't have an agenda.

I'm only giving my opinion based on what I know about comics. Seeing as how i'm a Harley Quinn fan and this isn't a battle forum or anything where bias would serve any purpose, I don't really see why it can't just be i'm giving my opinion. If anyone wants to debate why Harley is just as popular as Daredevil, that would add more to the discussion than a suggestion of bias or having an agenda.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 vance_astro  Moderator
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

The sexual tension between Lykopis and Vance in this thread.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By lykopis
    SideburnGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By SideburnGuru

@vance_astro said:

And Daredevil is ?

Loading Video...

No, that was a good joke though.

In the past? Maybe. Current Generation? Hardly. Harley Quinn is right up there with popularity. Infact, I'd stretch out by saying there's a bigger fanbase in this current generation.

FreshnessKils

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who's Harley Quinn?

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 vance_astro  Moderator

@sideburnguru said:

In the past? Maybe. Current Generation? Hardly. Harley Quinn is right up there with popularity. Infact, I'd stretch out by saying there's a bigger fanbase in this current generation.

You don't actually have any proof though. Just saying the opposite of what i'm saying and posting an unrelated video doesn't disprove what I said.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

@innervenom123 said:

The sexual tension between Lykopis and Vance in this thread.

In THIS thread? HA!

SideburnGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sideburnguru said:

You don't actually have any proof though. Just saying the opposite of what i'm saying and posting an unrelated video doesn't disprove what I said.

Sales? Who's talked about more? More appearances?

I'm not trying to put down Daredevil. By any means. I'm saying, fans have seemed to show more love for Harley, and more attention. She's been spotlighted in more games as of recently. Been mentioned by more fans. Just seems to have a bigger name in this generation.

I get Daredevil has been around longer, and back in the 80's, or hell 90's, I'd definitely say Daredevil was bigger. But, I mean, if we can't agree Harley is bigger in this generation, I'd definitely say they're on par. Saying Harley Quinn isn't close, or she won't ever be close to Daredevil seems like a huge stretch.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 vance_astro  Moderator

@sideburnguru said:

Sales?

We can't talk about sales. Daredevil has his OWN solo book and a miniseries, and another miniseries on the way. Also before his comic was rebooted he had his own EVENT (Shadowland) and another miniseries. Harley hasn't had a solo book since '04 and it was only 38 issues. Suicide Squad is a team book, not Harley's solo and although Daredevil is one of Marvel's books that isn't doing that well it's still outselling Suicide Squad.

@sideburnguru

said:

Who's talked about more?

I don't see any way to prove that.

@sideburnguru said:

More appearances?

Daredevil's solo book between all 3 volumes, is over 600 issues alone, this isn't counting Daredevil's cameo appearances in Spider-Man,Avengers,Defenders,Wolverine,Fantastic Four and everything else he's been in. Harley has only appears in 437 comics total.

I get Daredevil has been around longer, and back in the 80's, or hell 90's, I'd definitely say Daredevil was bigger. But, I mean, if we can't agree Harley is bigger in this generation, I'd definitely say they're on par. Saying Harley Quinn isn't close, or she won't ever be close to Daredevil seems like a huge stretch.

Daredevil being around longer isn't why he's bigger. He's bigger because she's a SUPPORTING CAST character and he's not. Daredevil is the Lone Ranger over at Marvel. The fact that his book is doing well enough right now that it hasn't gotten cancelled is a testament to his superior popularity level. With limited exposure and backing he's still putting up better #'s than the book Harley regularly appears in and leads with her as the face of the title. Harley ISN'T close. If she's comparable in popularity, why didn't her solo last long while his is moving into the 700's? Why aren't more people buying Suicide Squad? I don't get it.

SideburnGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By SideburnGuru

@vance_astro:

1. It isn't beating Suicide Squad? Absolutely sure? Not doubting you, but I thought Suicide Squad was selling well. Not going OVER well, but I did think it was selling well. Again, it's surprising her series don't sell well. I'm saying that, because there does seem to be a huge fanbase surronding her. So, it's more surprising people don't buy her comics. At least that's how I see it.

2. Forums, maybe? I mean, from what I witness at Cons and different online communities. Now, that's not exactly fact. I'm going off my own personal experience there. I just haven't seen Daredevil massively talked about for a bit. ComicVine, is one thing. However, I do see Harley come up more often. It's weird to me. I see people talk about her, cosplay as her ALL the time, bring her up alot, but her comics don't sell? It's weird.

3. Again, it's the age game. Could I ask that we compare their appearances since Harley's debuted? Also, in mind of animated series as well?

4. Can't explain. Obviously, Suicide Squad is still going over well. It does sell. Doesn't get critically acclaimed, but it does sell well. I feel as though Harley needs another run to see how well she would do. When was her last run again? Also, him being around longer does play a MAJOR factor on why he's bigger. He's got more time to get a fanbase, more time to appear in more comics, shown long enough to get over with people. It does help.

I feel as though when it comes to popularity, they are equal. Sales? It doesn't make sense to me. I feel as though counting all the times she's talked about, brought up, all the merch released, all the things she's featured in, and with a fanbase that usually gets pumped up for her, she should sell more. For some reason, it doesn't really happen. I'm confused as to why it doesn't work out.

I'm going to say, I think if Harley WAS debuted around the same time as Daredevil? She'd be given the chance to get over with fans more. I can't say "SHE'D TAKE OVER THE SALES.". However, I feel as though she would've been better off if she was debuted back then, and then got time to grow with people.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 vance_astro  Moderator

@sideburnguru said:

@vance_astro:

1. It isn't beating Suicide Squad? Absolutely sure? Not doubting you, but I thought Suicide Squad was selling well. Not going OVER well, but I did think it was selling well. Again, it's surprising her series don't sell well. I'm saying that, because there does seem to be a huge fanbase surronding her. So, it's more surprising people don't buy her comics. At least that's how I see it.

Suicide Squad only did 23,000 units. Usually books that are selling that low get cancelled.

2. Forums, maybe? I mean, from what I witness at Cons and different online communities. Now, that's not exactly fact. I'm going off my own personal experience there. I just haven't seen Daredevil massively talked about for a bit. ComicVine, is one thing. However, I do see Harley come up more often. It's weird to me. I see people talk about her, cosplay as her ALL the time, bring her up alot, but her comics don't sell? It's weird.

I think the Storm forums on comicvine more than prove that a characters popularity or lack their of doesn't keep them from being mentioned alot more than other characters that are actually making more of an impact in the comic world.

3. Again, it's the age game. Could I ask that we compare their appearances since Harley's debuted? Also, in mind of animated series as well?

Daredevil doesn't take breaks. He's appeared in comics non-stop since the day he was created. Harley first appeared in comics in '99. The odds that she appeared in more issues or appeared more in general even including the animated series (she only appeared in 13 episodes total between two different seasons) are very slim. I don't know the exact numbers but considering how much bigger Daredevil was for Marvel in the late 90's and early 2000's, there's no doubt in my mind that she doesn't come close. Daredevil has appeared over 2,000 times. Even if you take away ALL of his appearances in his solo book entirely, he's still beating her in appearances by a mile.

@sideburnguru said:

4. Can't explain. Obviously, Suicide Squad is still going over well. It does sell. Doesn't get critically acclaimed, but it does sell well. I feel as though Harley needs another run to see how well she would do. When was her last run again? Also, him being around longer does play a MAJOR factor on why he's bigger. He's got more time to get a fanbase, more time to appear in more comics, shown long enough to get over with people. It does help.

I feel as though when it comes to popularity, they are equal. Sales? It doesn't make sense to me. I feel as though counting all the times she's talked about, brought up, all the merch released, all the things she's featured in, and with a fanbase that usually gets pumped up for her, she should sell more. For some reason, it doesn't really happen. I'm confused as to why it doesn't work out.

I'm going to say, I think if Harley WAS debuted around the same time as Daredevil? She'd be given the chance to get over with fans more. I can't say "SHE'D TAKE OVER THE SALES.". However, I feel as though she would've been better off if she was debuted back then, and then got time to grow with people.

Suicide Squad ISN'T going over well, it's hanging on by a thread. Harley hasn't had a solo run since '04 and it was only 38 issues. Ms.Marvel has done better than that, and she's NOWHERE near as popular as Harley, I guess that's just a testament to Marvel being the more popular publisher in general. Daredevil being around longer doesn't play a major factor in why he's bigger, there are characters that are actually older than them both that don't matter. Not to mention, Wolverine was created after Daredevil and he's far surpassed him popularity wise. He's bigger because he's more significant to the Marvel Universe and to Marvel as a company than Harley is to DC. She was created as a villain sidekick and transitioned into a team member\supporting cast character. She wasn't MEANT for bigger things. Daredevil is out of her league. A crossover with them wouldn't make any sense. Daredevil has had 2 crossovers with characters outside of the Marvel Universe. 1 of them is with Shi who actually had her own comic and was doing fairly well at the time and the other was with Batman which is DC's biggest character.

SideburnGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Damn. How hasn't it been cancelled yet then? It's still going on strong, right?

2. Ah, it's a fair point. However, you still don't feel that Harley isn't POPULAR though? May not sell well, but you don't even feel as though she plays some important part in the comic world? At all?

3. Good point.

4. Are we sure of that though? I'm being honest, can we be sure? There is a dedicated fanbase behind Harley. You honestly don't feel Harley could get her own solo series, and last the test of time at this point, if she was taken away from the sidekick slot? I never disagreed that it didn't make sense, even if they were as popular, I feel as though they're two VERY different characters. However, you don't feel as Harley will EVER be able to reach Daredevil's popularity? I think she's gained some major fame. I know the comic sales don't represent it, but you still feel as though Harley will never reach his popularity, even if DC continues to frequently show her in media, and cameos in other comics?

Maybe I just see it differently. I see her being popular in this generation as I said. However, her sales just don't match up. Which still doesn't make sense to me. Since alot of people tend to praise her character, and the fact that the one series with her is hanging onto a thread.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By daredevil21134

@sideburnguru said:

@vance_astro:

Suicide Squad only did 23,000 units. Usually books that are selling that low get cancelled.

@sideburnguru said:

I think the Storm forums on comicvine more than prove that a characters popularity or lack their of doesn't keep them from being mentioned alot more than other characters that are actually making more of an impact in the comic world.

@sideburnguru said:

Daredevil doesn't take breaks. He's appeared in comics non-stop since the day he was created. Harley first appeared in comics in '99. The odds that she appeared in more issues or appeared more in general even including the animated series (she only appeared in 13 episodes total between two different seasons) are very slim. I don't know the exact numbers but considering how much bigger Daredevil was for Marvel in the late 90's and early 2000's, there's no doubt in my mind that she doesn't come close. Daredevil has appeared over 2,000 times. Even if you take away ALL of his appearances in his solo book entirely, he's still beating her in appearances by a mile.

@sideburnguru

said:

. A crossover with them wouldn't make any sense. Daredevil has had 2 crossovers with characters outside of the Marvel Universe. 1 of them is with Shi who actually had her own comic and was doing fairly well at the time and the other was with Batman which is DC's biggest character.

Don't forget he had one with Magdalena as well

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 vance_astro  Moderator

@daredevil21134 said:

Don't forget he had one with Magdalena as well

I didn't know, LOL. I should be ashamed of myself. I don't think i've even ever seen it.

1. Damn. How hasn't it been cancelled yet then? It's still going on strong, right?

Could be too big to fail. Since I don't read it any more I don't really know. I assume that it's an important book to DC. It's the same reason Supergirl, Catwoman & Batgirl keep getting their own series even when their #'s drop under 20,000.

@sideburnguru said:

2. Ah, it's a fair point. However, you still don't feel that Harley isn't POPULAR though? May not sell well, but you don't even feel as though she plays some important part in the comic world? At all?

Harley IS popular. I would never dispute that, I'm just saying that comparing her to Daredevil is ridiculous. I don't think she plays an important part in the comic world, honestly she barely plays an important role just in the DC Universe, let alone to the comic world at large. Daredevil on the other hand IS an important character to the Marvel Universe and to Marvel Comics as a company.

@sideburnguru said:

4. Are we sure of that though? I'm being honest, can we be sure? There is a dedicated fanbase behind Harley. You honestly don't feel Harley could get her own solo series, and last the test of time at this point, if she was taken away from the sidekick slot? I never disagreed that it didn't make sense, even if they were as popular, I feel as though they're two VERY different characters. However, you don't feel as Harley will EVER be able to reach Daredevil's popularity? I think she's gained some major fame. I know the comic sales don't represent it, but you still feel as though Harley will never reach his popularity, even if DC continues to frequently show her in media, and cameos in other comics?

Maybe I just see it differently. I see her being popular in this generation as I said. However, her sales just don't match up. Which still doesn't make sense to me. Since alot of people tend to praise her character, and the fact that the one series with her is hanging onto a thread.

Harley could get her own series but seeing as how she's not that important of a character and she was never intended to be, I doubt she'll ever surpass even Catwoman as far as her popularity and mass appeal because of the type of character she is. DC has had the most success with female characters but Supergirl, Batgirl, Batwoman,and Catwoman always have DC's undying support. The odds of them ever putting Harley above them or on the same priority level is slim.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By daredevil21134
    SideburnGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vance_astro: From what I've read, it doesn't really seem like anything important is going on. To be fair, I thought it was going to be dropped after Death Of The Family happened. I gotta pick another issue up again, see if anything major is going on/ going to be revealed.

2. You still think in this day and age, Daredevil plays as an important role? Just wondering.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 vance_astro  Moderator

@daredevil21134 said:

@vance_astro: I showed you the previews before awhile back.

I must have completely forgot. I probably looked for it and couldn't find it so I gave up and it slipped my mind.

@sideburnguru said:

You still think in this day and age, Daredevil plays as an important role? Just wondering.

In the Marvel Universe? Yea. His role is no smaller than it ever was.

SideburnGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vance_astro: I don't know. I thought his fame dropped , at least in today's age.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 vance_astro  Moderator

@sideburnguru said:

@vance_astro:

I don't know. I thought his fame dropped , at least in today's age.

It did, but you have to remember that we're talking about a roster with thousands of characters, among them...Daredevil is 1 of about 10 leading the pack.

SideburnGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By SideburnGuru

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.