twofacedjoker's Daredevil #3 review

Avatar image for twofacedjoker

Everything Starts Coming Together

This issue is fantastic. Seriously, it's wonderful; the art is stellar, the villain is so intriguing (surprisingly so), the side characters excel quite nicely, and some of the mysteries lying under the surface are expanded upon nicely, making them less vague nods to things we don't get yet and more substantial. And, most importantly, there's a brilliant balance of the comedy and hardship that makes the series such a joy to read; it provides such a clever balance. And this is mostly because the interactions with characters are much stronger this time around, The two newest players introduced do a great job of creating compelling conflicts that allows it all to come together in such a satisfying manner. Definitely worth picking up.

Other reviews for Daredevil #3

Blind Games (Daredevil #3) + Giveaway 0

(Quick Unprofessional Review)I wasn't a big fan of Marvel relaunching this title just for that price bump. With just 3 issues, this relaunch already surpassed the previous run in my opinion. I would have liked to see a new creative team take over Red Batman, but I'm glad Waid and Samnee stayed. The series totally feels different since Daredevil revealed his identity and moved to San Francisco. There are many great possibilities with the identity revelation and DD moving to a new city, and Waid ...

Daredevil faces off against The Owl! 0

Writers Mark Waid and Chris Samnee with artist Javier Rodriguez join the Man Without Fear in finding and stopping; The Owl!The GoodFinding The Owl!Mark Waid and Chris Samnee did a really great job with this issue! The entire setup of getting the Shroud in this series; to eventually introduce the Owl as Daredevil's first real adversary -- handled quite nicely. I enjoyed how The Owl is out for revenge against Daredevil for making a fool out of him; especially now, since DD's identity is known to t...