Danica is the Flash of the 2040s. She works at the Flash Museum in Central City and has a connection with the Speed Force that grants her the same powers as Flash. This connection allows her to communicate with previous speedsters like Jay Garrick, Wally West and Bart Allen. During her first meeting with the Justice League Unlimited, she saved them from the villainous Mindslide (Ronald Tagg), who had replicated their powers and mind controlled the heroes to fight each other. At some point Danica started dating Captain Marvel.
DCU - Post Flashpoint
Danica first appearance in mainstream continuity was The Multiversity #2 - Superjudge where she was recruited into the Flashes of the Multiverse by Red Racer to help stop the a corrupted Nix Uotan. She was later seen discussing emergence of the new 'Forces' with the other multiverse Flashes.
Powers & Abilities
Speed Force Conduit: Danica possesses a natural connection to the Speed Force, giving her a variety of powers. When Danica first accessed the Speed Force, her DNA, cells, and neurotransmitters were supercharged, augmenting her physiology, with her bones, joints and tissue all enhanced. She obtained a leaner, more muscular frame. Unlike other Flashes, Danica has a very special connection to the Speed Force. She can hear the voices of three previous Flashes who have long since been deceased in her universe. These speedsters are Jay Garrick, Wally West, and Bart Allen. Together, they mentor Danica and give her advice on the field. While she had this ability since she was a child, she didn’t fully unlock her Speed Force potential until she was in her teens. With concentration, Danica can sense the Speed Force in another speedster’s system. Danica can sense when another Speed Force conduit is troubled, and can be drawn to the location of that speedster. The Speed Force also manifests an aura around the speedster and whatever they are carrying, protecting them from adverse effects of their speed, such a friction with the air.
- Accelerated Healing: The Speed Force connection allows the speedster’s body to recover from injury much faster than normal. Her molecules move at accelerated rates, mending damage far quicker and more efficiently than normal humans. Without treatment, most damage heals in hours if not minutes with no lingering signs. Even normally permanent damage, like paraplegia, is completely repaired in days. Her body can break down food more efficiently than a regular human and, as a result, expels very little waste products that she can exhale through her skin. She even has a greater resilience to radiation, only suffering minor burns. This also enhances her vitality, drastically reducing her aging process while extending her health and longevity. Danica’s Speed Force lightning can also heal the wounds of others, through contact. However, this is another ability she has yet to master, so she can only partially heal others.
- Dimensional Travel: Danica has shown to be able to traverse dimensions with her own powers. She was once able to vibrate herself at such a frequency that she was able to locate The Tower of Fate, which exists outside conventional space and time. Her powers are great enough to be able to reach the House of Heroes, a pan-dimensional satellite outside normal time and space found at the very center of the multiverse.
- Time Travel: Danica’s speed can breach the temporal barriers, letting her traverse along the time-stream to specific points in time as they become visible. In order to time travel to different periods, she must exceed light speed.
- Electrokinesis: As a conduit of the Speed Force, Danica’s body generates large amounts of the electrical energy that she draws from the Speed Force. This Speed Force lightning emanates off of her, especially when moving at superhuman speed. Danica can also discharge a large blast of electricity from her body. She can also manipulate her Speed Force lightning in the way that she could manually project it from her hands as bolts of lightning
- Super Speed: The universal factor of being a Speed Force conduit grants its user with imperceptible amounts of speed.
- Accelerated Mental Process: Danica’s mental abilities are increased in speed, processing information in less than an attosecond. Danica can also read and learn at super-speed. However, like most speedsters, Danica does not always retain the information she learns and eventually forgets it. However, Bart, one of the Flashes Danica has a mental connection to, had the ability to retain the knowledge, and often assists Danica in recalling certain skills.
- Accelerated Perception: The Speed Force enhances the speedster's senses, allowing them to perceive and process thoughts faster than the normal person.
- Telepathic Immunity: Due to Danica’s mind being more powerful than a supercomputer, many telepaths have difficulty reading or attacking Danica’s mind. Her mind in particular can be hard to read due to the telepathic presence of three other speedster minds. Danica successfully used this ability to her advantage when the criminal Mindslide attempted to attack her mentally. Not only was Mindslide unsuccessful, but he was overwhelmed and put in a catatonic state.
- Superhuman Agility: The speedster's agility, balance, and bodily coordination are enhanced to superhuman levels. This allows them to easily maneuver while moving at superhuman speed.
- Speed mirages: Danica can generate illusions of herself to make it appear as if she in many places at once.
- Speed Lend/Steal: Danica is able to lend or steal speed and/or momentum from anyone or anything, effectively turning them into living statues. She can steal speed from bullets and other fast moving objects thrown at her or at others. While Danica was taught how to use this power, she has yet to master it.
- Vortex Creations: Speed Force conduits are able to create vortices of air by running in circles or rotating their extremities at super-speed. These vortices can be used for a number of effects
- Vibration: Like most speedsters, Danica can vibrate her body for various effects. By vibrating at varying frequencies and with different levels of force, Danica can create small tremors to induce extreme amounts of jolt on any target he touches, even disrupt the inter-molecular bonds and cause it to shatter. This can lead to many effects such as molecular combustion upon physical contact with the target.