Follow

Damian Wayne

Character » Damian Wayne appears in 1895 issues.

Damian Wayne is the son of Bruce Wayne and Talia al Ghul. Trained by the League of Assassins all his life, Damian joined his father’s side in the war against crime by becoming the fifth Robin.

Should Damian Wayne Be Killed Off?

• 60 results
    Dracade102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: -1

#1  Edited By Dracade102

...Just to leave the Bat-family to the Cool Non-asshole Characters, Plus, Darkseid Predicted his demise!!! Bruce's Blood has a Death Curse!! 

Dracade102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Dracade102
    @Portrait:
    He Struck me off as an Asshole In "Batman & Robin: Reborn", "Superman/Batman", and every issue of "Detective Comics" He's spoken in, Plus, Darkseid fortold of it!!!
    Dracade102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Dracade102

Anyone else...?
    CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By CellphoneGirl

I like Damian Wayne's character lol

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Nighthunter

Damian is awesome, also who cares about continuity these days?
    Vortex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Vortex13
    @Dracade102 said:
    " @Portrait: He Struck me off as an Asshole In "Batman & Robin: Reborn", "Superman/Batman", and every issue of "Detective Comics" He's spoken in, Plus, Darkseid fortold of it!!! "
    He is kind of an a$$-hole but he's also a ten-year-old spoiled rotten rich kid so what would you expect? Darkseid also technically didn't say Bruce's children would be cursed he said his children's children and onward. That would be taking it literally of course.
    Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8  Edited By Crom-Cruach

To me the best thing that could happen to Damian were for him to become a villain, either rejoin Ra's Al'Ghul or solo. If not he should be given a good death and kept dead. But it's because I find him annoying.

Dracade102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Dracade102
    @Crom-Cruach:
    THANK YOU. I'm Glad someone agrees with me!!
    The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By The_Ghostshell

I thought Batman didnt actually "kill" Darkseid so continuity should still be intact. Personally I'm only a fan of Damian when Grant Morrison writes him.

johnny_spam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By johnny_spam

Keep Damian around one thing the Batfamily does not need is someone else being killed his death would keep the book from ending the current storyline. Also one character has to be an asshole they can't all be nice to eachother. 

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By John Valentine

No, Damian is awesome.

Benzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By Benzo
    @John Valentine said:
    " No, Damian is awesome. "
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @Benzo said:
    " @John Valentine said:
    "
    ThunderShade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 17

#15  Edited By ThunderShade

I'm not a big fan of Damian, I feel he whines more than Superboy Prime and Daken put together!

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Crom-Cruach
    @johnny spam said:

" Keep Damian around one thing the Batfamily does not need is someone else being killed his death would keep the book from ending the current storyline. Also one character has to be an asshole they can't all be nice to eachother.  "

Then finish the current arc, then have him either become a villain or die appropriately. As for needing a an asshole as part of their group. That's bullcrap. The bat family has never needed an asshole around to be cool or fun. Their stories are awesome when they are well written to show the dynamics of the family, even if they get along generally. Conflict happens between people who like each other to.

Damian as he is currently presented was never necessary for good stories. And he's not bringing anything that good in my book. He's an annoying prick who deserves a good smack in the back of the head for how he acts.
    Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#17  Edited By Magian

I don't think that killing him is necessary. Since they made him the new Robin, they should stick with him.

johnny_spam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By johnny_spam
    @Crom-Cruach:  @Crom-Cruach said:

" @johnny spam said:

" Keep Damian around one thing the Batfamily does not need is someone else being killed his death would keep the book from ending the current storyline. Also one character has to be an asshole they can't all be nice to eachother.  "

Then finish the current arc, then have him either become a villain or die appropriately. As for needing a an asshole as part of their group. That's bullcrap. The bat family has never needed an asshole around to be cool or fun. Their stories are awesome when they are well written to show the dynamics of the family, even if they get along generally. Conflict happens between people who like each other to.  Damian as he is currently presented was never necessary for good stories. And he's not bringing anything that good in my book. He's an annoying prick who deserves a good smack in the back of the head for how he acts. "
    The drama would come from the moment Bruce is back his son dies then that is how many more years of grim material. We also need to remember just because someone is not nice does not mean they are not a real person who cares Damian has shown a connection to Dick and in the future in Batman 666 maybe a connection to Alfred. Just because we relate to comic book characters doesn't mean we should not look at some things objectively Damian was in the past mean to Dick, Tim, Stephanie and Alfred that doesn't mean just because you like those characters and Damian insulted them doesn't mean he should die. We should remember after Dark knight Returns came out and the death of Jason Todd Bruce was a real asshole to everyone else it was a long process to make even him cool with everyone again.  

To Dick on the subject if Bruce returns.

To his mother after she told him he had no place being Robin and wanted him to quit, she also controlled his body to try to kill Dick.
    NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By NightFang3

I thought so at first but now i've warmed up to him.

RavenDark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#20  Edited By RavenDark
    @War Killer said:

" @Benzo said:

" @John Valentine said:
    "
    "

Vortex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Vortex13
    @NightFang said:
    " I thought so at first but now i've warmed up to him. "
    Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Crom-Cruach
    @johnny spam said:

" Just because we relate to comic book characters doesn't mean we should not look at some things objectively Damian was in the past mean to Dick, Tim, Stephanie and Alfred that doesn't mean just because you like those characters and Damian insulted them doesn't mean he should die. We should remember after Dark knight Returns came out and the death of Jason Todd Bruce was a real asshole to everyone else it was a long process to make even him cool with everyone again.

Meh... Jason Todd as he is now isn't interesting to me, he should of stayed dead and buried forever. None of the current arcs have convinced me otherwise. Neither is Damian. It's not because he's mean that I don't like him. There are assholes in comics I like and find cool. Damian isn't one of them. He's annoying, not really interesting and pretty much there for silly reasons. I just don't think he brings anything interesting to the table with how he is portrayed. That's why I think he should either become a villain or die.

Because he would be a lot more useful as a villain or a tragic death and that's where I think he could be interesting.
    johnny_spam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By johnny_spam
    @Crom-Cruach:  @Crom-Cruach said:

" @johnny spam said:

" Just because we relate to comic book characters doesn't mean we should not look at some things objectively Damian was in the past mean to Dick, Tim, Stephanie and Alfred that doesn't mean just because you like those characters and Damian insulted them doesn't mean he should die. We should remember after Dark knight Returns came out and the death of Jason Todd Bruce was a real asshole to everyone else it was a long process to make even him cool with everyone again.

Meh... Jason Todd as he is now isn't interesting to me, he should of stayed dead and buried forever. None of the current arcs have convinced me otherwise. Neither is Damian. It's not because he's mean that I don't like him. There are assholes in comics I like and find cool. Damian isn't one of them. He's annoying, not really interesting and pretty much there for silly reasons. I just don't think he brings anything interesting to the table with how he is portrayed. That's why I think he should either become a villain or die.  Because he would be a lot more useful as a villain or a tragic death and that's where I think he could be interesting. "
    Why is he annoying? He is a character in a story with conflict with others and is in fact still a young rich slightly arrogant kid who has helped force Dick to take his role as Batman seriously since there is someone he has to look out for someone else if he had no Damian then he would not be the same type of Batman. He also expands on the father son themes in the Bat mythos he is there to also help solidfy an idea many writers have posed which is that being Batman is an elemental thing of Gotham and that the idea is there and won't go away even if Bruce or Dick do.  

Also Jason's death had terrible ramifications for Bruce in the nineties and helped made him into the driven not really human character or even likable character that was so prominent in the nineties. It took 52 to end that take on him and if he comes back and Damian dies or becomes a villain then it just puts him territory from over ten years ago.
    Whitehawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Whitehawk

I used to be a Damien hater too, but I've found that the character has grown on me. Paul Dini writes him really well in Streets of Gotham, and Morrison's really made him come into his own as an interesting and dynamic character.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#25  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @ThunderShade said:
    " I'm not a big fan of Damian, I feel he whines more than Superboy Prime and Daken put together! "
    When was the last time Daken whined?
    Lustwish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Lustwish

If Damian gets killed then Bruce can become Robin lol

Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#27  Edited By Caligula

no. he is my third favorite bat character.

Avatar image for crimsoninutears
    CrimsonInuTears

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By CrimsonInuTears

If he is killed off, I lose yet another fav... So really, I wouldn' be surprised (9 outta 10 of my favs die~).  
    But then again, thanks to that moment with Talia about bein a good enemy toward the house of al Gulh may just save 'im yet...  
    But really as long as he doesn' follow Jason's crazy "why wont he just stay dead?!" path there really should be no problem killin him off.  
    He's already got a fututre evil clone/brother headin toward him anyway~  
    As for Darkseid's rediculous curse, I think Bruce is in more trouble than Damian at the moment to even consider killin the kid off~ 
    Though I will say 15's lil summary right now worries me... 

So as you can see, I'm clearly a toss up. Live or Die, as long as it's cool an it's perminant I'll read it~ ^_^
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Primmaster64
    @John Valentine said:

MaryLotshaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By MaryLotshaw

I like him simple because he is lovable assh**e. he the    annoying guy that hang out but no one know why he is liked.. a lovalbe ass is good idea. not all are sweet. and well he is being to shown that he cares.

Bullseye1930

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Bullseye1930

I say ice him. I can't stand kid sidekicks. Espically ones that don't have any powers. As a comic fan I can suspend belief for alot of things but not when a non-powered 10 year old is beating up grown men. I mean honestly, I can't fight for squat and yet I seriously doubt i'll ever have to worry about being beaten up by a kid that hasn't hit puberty.
    BrianDusel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By BrianDusel

Well based on the prophecy of Darseid, I would have to say Damian will die, but not until he's secured the next generation.  "His children's children..." would tip me that Damian will survive until he at least has a kid to carry on the legacy. 
    Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#33  Edited By Magian

Wasn't Superman who destroyed Darkseid once and for all using a high-pitched note?
    WHiTEWiNG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By WHiTEWiNG
    @NightFang said:

"I thought so at first but now i've warmed up to him. "

Same here.
    IsabellaRoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By IsabellaRoth

Damian is the best Robin...Too Smart...he is a ten year-kid...Smarter than Tim Drake sometime I think..He is in the middle of the bad side and the good one..He is a dark character in the bat´s family as Jason Todd..I love both of them!They are awesome..without them..Red Robin and Batman and Robin...wouldn´t be the same... 

Red Robin °14 AWESOME!!!The little battle between Damian and Tim is fantastic with Grayson´s intervension... 

So..dont even think to kill him...! I dont know if someone here reads The Teen Titans...but I am sick of that comic..I want to see Raven more...I am sick of Cassie foolness and Beast Boy´s broken heart because of Raven...Raven deserves someone better than him...and to be..I dont know..in the JL?  

=D

Dreb345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Dreb345

Damian shouldnt get killed off even though he annoys everyone its is more of a little brother. I get this from Oracle's dream. I believe if anyone else was to kill or injure Tim, DIck, or Alfred Damian would be there ready to fight. (out of passon and rage) Also I think he has a connection with Batgirl. Damian is what the bat family needs to look and appeal as human. Keeping him alive would be great.
    tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By tensor

damian wayne is the best he brings a new twist to the batman house an i like him

Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#38  Edited By Son_of_Magnus

Damian annoys the hell out of me so if he died I would not shed a tear 

Avatar image for bringbackpowerpack
    BringBackPowerPack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If they kill off Damian, I promise I will NEVER EVER read another comic until the following Wednesday.

(in all seriousness, I really like the kid)

ChadwickDavis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By ChadwickDavis
    @Dracade102:
    Are you crazy !?! 
    He needs to live. Granted he needs an archnemesis that can test him mentally, physically and religiously kick his (fill in the blank) but he is a great character. Give him a rival and watch him work
    Avatar image for squiresmadnessmachine
    squiresmadnessmachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i honestly think damian is a useless character batman should not have a son and that goes for all characters having kids makes the character soft and makes everything  stupid. that being said grant morrison has ruined everything i liked about batman and havent bought a batman comic in a very long time besides old TPB and things from the early 2000's i didnt read. batman doesnt really need a robin but if they are gonna have one keep it the same guy all these robins get older and bruce wayne is still young? makes no sense to me pick one robin and stick with him and for the love of god bring bruce wayne back and make batman a great detective again bring back some old villians and lets get this comic where it belongs on top with all the other powerhouse books.
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Primmaster64

Damian is cool now bro.

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#43  Edited By Captain13

Kill him or turn him into a villain. His personality annoys the f$&# out me, and he's aging the other characters even though they were fine before. I don't want another generation of sidekicks again. If we follow this path there will be another young Superboy, Wondergirl, etc. 20 years from now we will have 3 Batmen (Bruce, Dick, Tim), the Rainbow Arrows (Green, Red, Blue, Yellow, etc.). 60 years from now we'll have 5 Batmen. Stop making these stories so convoluted by creating more sidekicks than we need. There's a reason the FF aren't having anymore kids, and why Marvel is trying to make Spidey younger by eliminating his marriage.

Theodore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Theodore

Hell no! Damien is the shit.

Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
    Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

No, it would screw up Morrison's big plans

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Primmaster64
    @Emperor Gonzo Noir said:
    " No, it would screw up Morrison's big plans "
    lol
    KingNomolos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By KingNomolos

I really enjoy heroes having children, I hope that one day I will live to see the torch completely passed down. I mean that would be awsome. I mean Bruce Wayne is cool. But i care more about the lineage and the stories themselves than about Bruce wayne himself.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#48  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

If Bruce's son was to be killed, there is no limit to the Hell that would be unleashed on the perpetrator. But I like Damian, so I hope that doesn't happen.

JarJarMinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By JarJarMinks

If the curse mentioned in the OP holds true, Damian needs to have children so that the curse can make it to the thousandth generation.

Damian lives for a few more decades at least

Vonstantine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.