Follow

Damian Wayne

Character » Damian Wayne appears in 1882 issues.

Damian Wayne is the son of Bruce Wayne and Talia al Ghul. Trained by the League of Assassins all his life, Damian joined his father’s side in the war against crime by becoming the fifth Robin.

Off My Mind: When Will We See Damian Wayne's Clone?

• 71 results
    gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
    No Caption Provided
    Damian Wayne is the meanest, cockiest and nastiest Robin there's been. That's what makes him so great. As the biological son of Batman and Talia al Ghul, it's no surprise that the ten year old Robin can easily stand on his own against his opponents. The story of his...conception is debatable. In Batman: Son of the Demon, Bruce Wayne and Talia did things...the old fashioned way. In current continuity, after Superboy Prime changed the fabric of the universe, Damian is actually the product of an augmented DNA combination between Talia and Bruce.  

In Batman and Robin #12, Damian told his mother that Robin was who he wanted to be rather than side with her. Talia's response was was that she was preparing another Damian from his DNA. How long until we see our Damian fight this Damian-Clone? 
     == TEASER == 
    No Caption Provided
    Talia told Damian that the copy would be ten years younger than him when he's born. The chances of it actually taking ten years of comic book continuity time seems pretty slim. Even if it did take that long, we have seen Damian as an adult a couple times with no mention of his clone.  

In Batman #666, it's an adult Damian fighting the evil in Gotham. We don't get a full recap of what Damian's been up to, only hints, so it's possible he could have had to face a ten year old younger version of himself. 

There was also Ibn al Xu'ffasch (which translateas to Son of the Bat) in Kingdom Come who was the son of Batman and Talia. Again, there's no mention of a younger version and we don't see this Damian in action (except for the follow up The Kingdom which is another story). 
    No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    In Teen Titans #18, the team is sent ten years into the future. In a graveyard at Arkham Asylum, full of  Batman related heroes and villains, a tombstone for Ibn ah Xu'ffasch is seen when Tim Drake is fighting his adult self. Is this grave for Damian or for his younger clone?

Kingdom Come has been designated as occurring in a different Universe (Earth-22) and Batman #666 is a possible future. We know things can easily change, especially when new writers or editorial teams take over.  

The fact that Grant Morrison had Talia show Damian (and us) that another Damian-Clone was cooking in a giant test tube tells me that this isn't the last we'll see of him. Whether or not this will be a good idea will obviously depend on how it's written. Is Damian going to every go by the name Ibn ah Xu'ffasch or will that be the name his clone uses? We may have clones popping up left and right for most characters and it is very cliche but I would love to see an older Damian have to fight a ten year old version of himself. It would be like some sort of karma that he would have to face his younger self. Maybe after they fought, Damian would be able to show him the error of his ways and have to try to raise him himself. That would be the ultimate payback, don't you think? 

Thanks to BOPFAN#3 for bringing up the idea of the clone and making me think about it.
    shockwave632

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By shockwave632

yeah I guess

dondasch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By dondasch

I'll take the wait and see approach.  After the debacle of clones in Spider Man, I'm iffy.

Avatar image for comicbikerscott
    comicbikerscott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By comicbikerscott

cool i guess
    .o0Johnny0o.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4  Edited By .o0Johnny0o.

I hope writers will leave this to the side for a few years at least.  It'd have such a better impact if used after a long period rather than an overkeen writer come in and ruin a slow burner.

Theodore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Theodore

Could be good, I hope the clone takes the nameIbn ah Xu'ffasch...

johnny_spam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By johnny_spam

I think Morrison will follow up on this it's not like him to just introduce something and ignore it it all comes together. I think the clone will age superfast and I think he was The Heretic in Batman The Return since when he confronted Damian he told him that they were the same. 

Bruce Vain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Bruce Vain

I hate clones. There are few exceptions like Connor Kent. But generally I hate clones. It usually ruins things. Do we all remember the clone saga storyline with Spidey ? That was just a headache. I prefer Damian & Ibn being one and the same.
    Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By Decept-O
    @Bruce Vain said:
    "I hate clones. There are few exceptions like Connor Kent. But generally I hate clones. It usually ruins things. Do we all remember the clone saga storyline with Spidey ? That was just a headache. I prefer Damian & Ibn being one and the same. "

I agree with you on that one.  Connor Kent AKA Superboy is a clone I also am fond of but this whole clone thing pertaining to Damian....me no likey....   Funny you mention the Spider-Clone Saga, because ol' G-Man loves the Scarlet Spider.
    KRYPTON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By KRYPTON

Awesome. Amazing how much research you dug up

Icemizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Icemizer

Realizing she made a mistake with her first son. Talia will age the second Damian to adulthood with very specific instructions and loyalty programmed into its brain. This adult Damian will show the young Damian just what he might turn into if he continues his present course. Weather this is good or bad or not only time will tell.
    Baron_Emo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Baron_Emo
    @.o0Johnny0o. said:
    " I hope writers will leave this to the side for a few years at least.  It'd have such a better impact if used after a long period rather than an overkeen writer come in and ruin a slow burner. "
    I agree. Wait several years.
    Fantasgasmic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12  Edited By Fantasgasmic

I'm NEVER a fan of clones, but I think it could be fun to show a possible future where 20 year old Damian, maybe just taking the mantle from Tim, has to fight a 10 year old version of himself that's just as annoying as he is now. Always fun to have characters go "my god, I really was a brat back then." I also think it would be HILARIOUS if, in that scenario, Damian-clone decided to become Damian's Robin. I mean how freaking funny would that be?

weapon154

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By weapon154

No, we'll see him soon. Batman Inc. needs a villian or group to fight against, I think the clone'll be involved in something like that.

Doctor!!!!!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 12

#14  Edited By Doctor!!!!!

Its a matter of time, batman inc. Now project Cadmus needs to start some mess!

Sydpart2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Sydpart2

Looking at how Morrison writes, that he doesn't throw out anything at all, hell he brought back Bat-mite, the red phone to police head quarters, and the entire silver age. I'm starting to think that Son of the Demon is where Damian came from, but that the Damian we currently see is a clone of the child Talia gave away. You can say what you like about Talia but there is no denying she is a 
    nurturer at heart. She always took care of her father, she became a mother to Jason, she is a very caring woman when it comes to people she loves. I have a hard time believing that she would repeatedly send her own son to be beaten within an inch of his life by assassins. I think that she cloned the child she gave away at the end of Son of the Demon, and this clone is the Damian we know.

Avatar image for placeboaddiction
    placeboaddiction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By placeboaddiction

Oh, this actually looks exciting. 

Dracade102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: -1

#17  Edited By Dracade102

One Damian is bad enough.

Avatar image for metatron_da_don
    Metatron_Da_Don

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#18  Edited By Metatron_Da_Don
    he'll appear in around 6 storylines in a couple years ala  Deadpool/Wolverine, just my prediction.
    Neverpraying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19  Edited By Neverpraying

I am behind on my Batman, so excuse me for asking but Damian is evil?

Dr. Maxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#20  Edited By Dr. Maxwell

Chances are The Heretic is the clone, and Leviathan is the latest incarnation of the Hyper Adapter

vincethekid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21  Edited By vincethekid

Anything can be cool as long as it's done right.  If you want this to be a better or more memorable clone story don't let Grant Morrison write all of it.  Trust me.

Razeil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22  Edited By Razeil

I'm not a big fan of clone stories i general, the clone saga killed Spider-Man. But saying that I loved the Scarlet Spider and Superboy as well but both were around for sometime. Damian reminds me of Jason Todd but with a biological connection to Bruce, not a fan but neither a hater. I think once Bruce is back and Damian has calmed down ultimately accepting his father's way, his character will become balance and accepted by the public. But dropping a clone into the mix too early will just bring the series more cliches which would do more harm than good.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#23  Edited By joshmightbe

I think clones and evil twins are the absolute worst cliche' in comics and sci fi and honestly the very thought of an evil clone makes me not want to read a book the spider-man clone saga pretty much killed it for me

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By gmanfromheck
    @Decept-O: I love Scarlet Spider but the Clone Saga could have been handled differently towards the end. 
    Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Decept-O
    @G-Man:   That I didn't realize!  I thought you were really fond of the whole storyline.  OK, so at least we know you love Scarlet Spider.  Have to plead the 5th here, though, as I've not read the rest of the Clone Saga.  

@Neverpraying:  That is the whole "fun" thing about Damian.  You aren't entirely certain to a degree given his maternal pedigree, but thus far he is just acting like a tool for lack of a better explanation.   

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By gmanfromheck
    @Decept-O: Someday I'll write about why Ben Reilly isn't dead and my biggest complaint about the Saga. I didn't mind the trickery. People got too upset when it was said Spider-Man was a clone. I knew that wouldn't stay. Perhaps I'll write about it next week.
    Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Decept-O
    @G-Man:
    Cool!  You can count yours truly as one who did read a good portion of the storyline, though, and yes, I wasn't too keen on thinking that Spider-Man may have been a clone.  Still, it did inject some interest in Spider-Man.   In hindsight, that whole storyline is far more digestible than say...some other..."brand new days"...for Peter Parker.  OK, I won't gripe too much about that.  Maybe!
    DarkSyde79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By DarkSyde79

I really hope we don't have to deal with anymore clones anytime soon!!! Especially the clone of a genetically created (test tube baby) of Batman and Talia!!! Luckily Damian will have to be nearly 20 before we deal with that which gives us some time... unless they quicken his aging process... oh, I so do REALLY hate clones!!! :os

J1ml33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By J1ml33

Grant Morrison is a freaking genius , Love the unorthodox creative direction of the batman universe  if only Mark Millar would have taken better notes but oh well . 
    Long Live Grant Morrison ! ( Hope his run will be the greatest of all time!) also I hope his clone problem will pan out into something really really big ! (and the Damian clone should team up with Jason Todd! to bring down the bat once and for all !)

No Caption Provided
    so may the real Damian wayne please  stand up ,please stand up !
    Bruce Vain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Bruce Vain
    @G-Man:
    @Decept-O:
    Yea Scarlet Spider I was okay with. I did love his design, but just that whole clone storyline and who was the "real" Peter Parker was all just bs.
    FireFlare153

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By FireFlare153

My god... Not more clones!!
    leokearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#32  Edited By leokearon

Just what the world needs another Damian. 

Still the whole rewriting of his conception reminds me of what Neil Gaiman said about the DC universe years ago.
    MuadDiab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

#33  Edited By MuadDiab

well it wouldn't be his clone it would be an entirely different person. just made in the same process damien was

JonesDeini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 212

User Lists: 9

#34  Edited By JonesDeini

Like most of Morrison's run, I hope it's forgotten intentionally by future writers...

Avatar image for thecheckeredman
    thecheckeredman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By thecheckeredman

Clones shmones!

mickoreo_LZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By mickoreo_LZ

Damian is an interesting character. Hopefully whoever writes this clone saga doesn't ruin that

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By joshmightbe

Clones are nothing more than a sign that a writer is running out of original ideas, its over done and most of the time terrible

spiderguylll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By spiderguylll

Clones are never a good idea
    X-23 is the ONLY clone I accept

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By joshmightbe
    @spiderguylll: I think of x23 as more of a test tube baby than a clone
    ChrisTobin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By ChrisTobin

It would be great if the clone went unmentioned, yet uncontradicted, for a number of years (comic time). Then, once he's faded into obscurity, somebody springs him back onto us. I doubt that will happen though given how slow comic time can be compared to real time.

batman_is_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By batman_is_god

We have already seen the clone. Damian fought him in #666

blaakmawf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By blaakmawf

Too many clones.

thatlad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#43  Edited By thatlad

Here's something to think about, the 'Damian Wayne' in 666 and grant morrison's future is pretty damned hard he kills with extreme prejudice. What if the 'Damian' we've seen is the clone?  

Don't get me wrong I could see Damian go down this path but it's a little off the beaten path for Bruce, Dick, Tim, Superman etc. to let this happen 

SevanGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

User Lists: 9

#44  Edited By SevanGrim

i bet at some point someone else will steal the clone and use advance tech ( Luthor or Brainiac or the like) to speed up the process. 
     Either that, or they plan to kill Damion at some point, and the alternative is to download his brain into the clone.

Crimson Eagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Crimson Eagle

Wait, don't clones age rapidly. 
    Hmmm... we might see the  Damien clone sooner than we think.
    goldenkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By goldenkey

Man is Damian popular right now.  I must admit that Im actually starting to like the pompous little jerk myself.  He's coming around.  He actually trusts Dick, which is what changing him.  I still don't like the idea that he's 10.  To young.  It worked for the more kid friendly comics for when the first 2 Robins were around, but not so much now.  No 10 year old can beat up a some what decent fighting adult.  No strength, no weight behind punches and kicks.  No. no. no.

darksoul7th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#47  Edited By darksoul7th

Clones are getting out of control!

Avatar image for journey_into_chaos
    Journey Into Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

meh.
    Leegar88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Leegar88
    @johnny spam: 
    Yeah dude I assumed him and Robin had some sort of connection(maybe a future self or clone) and I had not read batman in a while.
    Avatar image for crimsoninutears
    CrimsonInuTears

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By CrimsonInuTears

Probably some future Damain batman villain in some one-shot/mini-series they make. Otherwise, not really, seein as he'll age like a normal human(she did say younger brother), like Damian himself. 10 year dif means plenty, even if not much to comics~

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.