Follow

Damian Wayne

Character » Damian Wayne appears in 1895 issues.

Damian Wayne is the son of Bruce Wayne and Talia al Ghul. Trained by the League of Assassins all his life, Damian joined his father’s side in the war against crime by becoming the fifth Robin.

Is Damian Wayne the Best Robin?

• 102 results
    Wilbertus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

I think what truly separates Damian from all the other Robin's is that Dick, Jason and Tim (strong individual characters as they were and all going on to become bigger things than Robin) were just Robin during their run: they were Batman's side-kick and they knew it. Now Damian is a whole different story. He seems to think that Bruce is his side-kick most of the time.

Therefore, if we define 'best' Robin as the one that is the best to Batman (as the article does) then Damian definitely ranks very low, but if we define 'best' Robin as the strongest character by himself then Damian is my number 1.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By kidchipotle

Damien is the worst Robin and I wish he stayed dead. Most annoying character I've ever read and it makes me like Batman less. He somewhat grew on me when Dick was Batman but then New 52 made me hate him more because he was annoying AF all over again.

TrueMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By TrueMarvel

Dick Grayson made his name more as Nightwing than as Robin. He is defined by his mantle of Nightwing moreso than his time as robin. Tim Drake is the best robin.

P.S. Did anyone think that the original Teen Titans show completely confused the robins up? The origin story that was implied on that Robin was that of Dick Grayson. His relationship with starfire and the show were his future self was Nightwing also strongly imply he was Dick Grayson. The issue is, that he didn't act like Dick Grayson whatsoever and actually was more akin to Tim Drake. His weapon(bo staff) and his batman-lite attitude are characteristic traits of Tim Drake. Dick Grayson saw being robin as a Thrill. Tim Drake saw being robin as a duty. He took it more seriously than anyother robin.

donmeca2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i haven't really gotten a chance to get into the whole batman with his son as robin.... from what i do know and see, he has his problems and feels he's on a higher level of training or expertise when it comes to crime fighting and kicking bad guys asses compared to even Batman. while he has been more of the comical Robin who's quick to throw jokes. he is a long way from being the best robin.

I would have to go with Drake as well... i've seen the way how is quick to take commands from Bats and he knows what and how to do something when he's solo.

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Lets be honest here, as much I LOVE DICK GRAYSON, the answer for best Robin imo is TIM DRAKE

As for the worst, it is Jason Todd because it is Bruce Wayne greatest failure

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

CARRIE KELLY IS THE BEST ROBIN.

Dark_Stranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Best Robin?

Well definitely not the little twit known as Damian Wayne a.k.a. Worst Character inserted or tied into Bat-Family. Personally, he shouldn't have just stayed dead, but also "erased" from continuity.

Anyways ...

Best Robin hands down would be and is Tim Drake!

Kuyamu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Grayson for sure. He may no longer be working robin, but he will forever be a "Robin". He definitely makes Bruce think outside the box. Has always been there for him, even when he has a team to lead or his own city to protect. And, has made him grow as a person, man, hero. He is the first robin, Batman's first realization (other than Alfred) that he is not alone in his crusade.

Damian Brings something new and uninhibited to the table, a fathers love. By being his son, trained to kill, and having a very different outlook in life. Parents tend to be very protective of their children and to have the most intelligent and resourceful man as a father, makes you one formidable being. I bet he would go so far as to go to a hell'ish planet and back for his son.

It will be great to see Damien grow up. ^.^

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dick Grayson was definitely Batman's best protege.

Flaquaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Flaquaman

I don't read a lot of batman, but from what I know of all the robins i like Damian the most. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't he grown in a tube so that he's automatically peak human mental and physical ability? That's deathstroky stuff, and another thing Damian was trained by the league of Assasins and he's the FREAKING SON OF BATMAN. And his mom has a pleasant appearance so I vote Damian.

riosishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#61  Edited By riosishere
    No Caption Provided

Jason Todd

mak13131313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Dick is the best Robin with Tim a very close second for me. Damian is my favorite though.

Mrfuzzynutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damian is a lil punk who grew on me to be sure, but the best Robin was pre-flashpoint/52 Tim Drake

StarBrand1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, he is. I loved dick grayson as robin, but in my opinion he really came into himself when he became nightwing. In the robin role, i think he is the best.

I honestly cant believe the amount of people in here saying tim drake is the best robin, no offense to anyone, but i dont think anyone over the age of 21 would say such a thing. to each is own though

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damian's my favorite Robin and although he's not the best, he's got the potential there. He's not very good team player or the typical good guy but he's getting there slowly unlike the other Robins who were always good/bad and never really changed.

Avatar image for superior_prime_maybe
    superior_prime_maybe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is Jason anyone's favorite?

To me it was tim. Because he was the only one who wanted to be robin, and became robin on his own term. But, Damian is the most fun to read. I see damian as more of Future batman in training.

Avatar image for left_my_heart_in_san_franchees
    Left_My_Heart_In_San_Francheesie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm gonna let Lawrence handle this one. Lawrence?

Loading Video...

Damian is the worst Robin that has existed. Nothing would please me more than watching that little twerp catch bullet and never come back, or preferably something even more slow and painful. I will never forgive Grant Morrison for unleashing Little Lord Lackwit.

Dick has evolved well beyond being Robin so honestly, he doesn't even count at this point. Jason was and always has been a mistake/failure on many levels, and that's not an insult. In fact, its what made him interesting. Therefore, it goes to Tim for me. He's always been the most dependable as I saw it. He could work on his own as his detective skills (far superior to the others) and his fighting (while not on Dick's level) where excellent. Yes he went against Bats a lot, but so did Dick. It was Tim that elevated the role of Robin beyond sidekick, dude didn't get his own book for no reason. He made Robin cool.

CorruptedOwl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sorry, Nightwing all the way. He IS my favorite Super Hero after all. I like all the Robins, but Dick will always be my favorite. If it's AS Robin then possibly Damian.

nappystr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 5

I don't know if he is the best Robin or not, but he sure is the most fun. That's really all I care about.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85 Maybe because Dick though he could help Damian in some way? Just like Bruce helped him in a way? Or maybe it's because he saved Dick's life and helped him stop Jason from becoming Batman. And no, Damian doesn't kill left and right, he has followed through the rule better than others even though he doesn't like it, Dick, Tim and even Bruce has attempted to kill before and Red Hood is basically the Punisher of DC.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By RustyRoy

@outside_85 Maybe because Dick though he could help Damian in some way? Just like Bruce helped him in a way? Or maybe it's because he saved Dick's life and helped him stop Jason from becoming Batman. And no, Damian doesn't kill left and right, he has followed through the rule better than others even though he doesn't like it, Dick, Tim and even Bruce has attempted to kill before and Red Hood is basically the Punisher of DC.

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#72  Edited By vinomonster

I believe each one of them is "GOOD" in different ways. They strive to be the best but as of now each one of them has their own titles. Maybe one day we will see Damian in his full potential like the other robins.

save.me.now

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Is Jason anyone's favorite?

Out of all the characters to have held the title "Robin". Jason is definitely my favorite. I've always found him to be more of an "everyman" compared to the other Robins. Easiest to relate to. Grayson's a close second because he's just such a likeable character in general. Tim always seemed a bit too perfect for me to relate to but I definitely respect him, more so than a lot of his peers. And I'm not including carrie in this. While Jason is my favorite character in this group top 2 robins are definitely Tim and Dick in no particular order. I will cut Damian some slack though. With every new Robin Batman becomes more and more critical and the shoes get bigger and bigger to fill. All the kid wants to do is work with his daddy but he's got a lot to deal with.

Avatar image for transformers1024
    Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Nope. Tim or Richard for sure.

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

@rustyroy said:

I didn't mean he killed 'left and right'. The difference is that Damian is the only one that wont have that last moral barrier that stops the others before they kill someone, simply because Damian has already done it. You saw it as well as the rest of us, if no one had stepped in he would have beaten the Joker to death and if I am not mistaken, he practically arranged to get locked in with him.

And my point about Todd is that he didn't become the Punisher before he had been resurrected, he's not soiling the mantle of 'Robin'.

PScully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All in all, I'd say that, as an anchor, Tim Drake is the best Robin. Didn't Batman once say that he was better than the two previous? Besides, constantly worrying about his son isn't good for the partnership of Batman & Robin.

HushoftheWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By HushoftheWind

people say Grayson, but think that he evolved past the role of Robin. Grayson was always meant for something better than the role of sidekick, while Tim on the other hand was pretty much tailor made for the role Robin. It's a damn shame Damien fame ruined Tim's time to shine in the new 52.

Zelos797

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Well skillwise he is. Especially for his age. I mean imagine Damiyan fighting Dick, Jason or Tim when they were his (or so) age. He would destroy them. Still as far as teamwork goes he is by far not the best.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

Not even close.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Damian's the best.

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
    Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tim Drake was always my favourite, he was the best detective and more versatile than Dick and Jason.

Krypton-115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My favorite and all around best Robin ever to this day will be Dick. He was the first Robin evet and when Gotham needed a Batman he stood up and took the cape and cowl. I have incredible respect for him ad a character because he didn't get stuck in the eternal side kick loop but instead became one of my favorite comic characters ever.

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Gracetrack

@shadowhuntr said:

Bruce did say in the New 52 that Tim Drake is better than Dick and Jason.

No Caption Provided

After reading that, I'm pretty sure Bruce meant Tim was the best within his own circle during his time (i.e. his school, his gymnastics program, etc), and that he was already amazing "at everything" when Bruce found him, unlike Dick and Jason who had to be "groomed" a bit more. I don't at all think it was meant as "he was a better Robin than Dick and Jason were." I do think Bruce meant that Tim was more well-rounded and polished when he found him.

bejaranoezski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damien is the biological son, but Dick is the true son.

Bystander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If we're talking about 'Robins', then it's a question between Tim and Damian, and Tim wins, of course.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@degraaf: 1) Thank you for reminding us how Lobdell effectively turned Tim into Dick's clone brother. /end sarcasm :)

2) I know a lot of people liked that. Me... I hated that exchange, not because of how Dick viewed Tim, but because his choice more or less shunted him out of the house at perhaps the worst time imaginable.Tim's time before all of that had not been an easy one thanks to some twat editors idea that no Robin could exist without tragedy... so Tim lost his dad, his girlfriend was tortured to death, his two best mates died in the line of duty, he got a psychopath in the Batcave that wanted to kill him (along with fruitcake Todd outside of it that nearly managed it) and then on top of everything else: Bruce 'the Batman' Wayne also died and then he had to hand over his mantle. If it was anything, it was an honorable but involuntary discharge from service.

And to be frank, I would have found a Batman & Robin as equals an interesting direction. Who knows, if Damian had run off, he could have joined up with Todd (or Deathstroke) and made a better anti-B&R partnership than Todd got with 'Scarlet' (?).

I would have been completely for Damian running off and joining Jason or Deathstroke as well but if Damian isnt with the bat family i couldnt see him going to Deathstroke, only back to the League.

Avatar image for antihero_jaymok
    Antihero_Jaymok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like how Katzman said, "Damian's kind of a blend of the previous Robins", but reading that reminded me of an old saying my dad used to say, "A jack of all trades is a master of none." To me, that's what Damian is. He's a little bit of the 3 previous Robins put together,but not as good as either of them. So saying that, I'd say he's currently the worst Robin. But yes, things might change one day. Maybe in a few years, maybe in 10, who knows.

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm willing to call Damien the best because I'm basing this purely on my own entertainment.

lagoonman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Damian is one of my favorite Robin, Tim is the best, he perfected the role of Robin, Dick is great as Nightwing, same with jason not the best robin but great as red hood

Leave1942

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Best ROBIN:

1. Tim

2. Dick

3. Damian

4. Jason

Best CHARACTER:

1. Dick

2. Tim

3. Jason

4. Damian

AdamFranco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By AdamFranco

Hmm...? Even though I really, really, really, like Damien, I would have to say no. Dick was the best Robin so far. He went above and beyond any Robin after him, played big brother to all the Robin's and other members of the Bat-Family, and even took the role as Batman for a while.

Batman-Hush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tim grew past sidekick status. His influence was great enough for Gordon to change the Bat-Signal, to a Robin-Signal.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damian is naïve, so Dick edges the contest for me. However, I do agree with Damian's mindset towards criminals. He can embody both the good and bad traits of his father.

JulieDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dick is the best sidekick Robin while Tim is the best solo Robin.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Dick would probably always be the best Robin but Damien certainly is one of the coolest character to read.

MaxSchreck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For the record, Damian himself is more loyal to Bruce than any other Robin:

No Caption Provided

This

Also, Damian did not just waste his life when he decided to fight the Heretic. He saved Tim and then contributed to preventing Talia from activating her doomsday device.

Floyd_Fenris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Floyd_Fenris

Grayson's the best. Drake is a close second. Damian is a very very close third. I could see him taking the 2nd spot from Tim with enough time and development. Todd's a far far away fourth.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.