Dal Kir-Ta was one of the many Kryptonian victims of Brainiac's taking of Kandor shortly before Krypton's destruction. She survived the attack and was taken as one of Brainiac's captive specimens. The rest of her family did not survive. Drafted into the Military Guild, she made that her surrogate family, specifically the Red Shard unit she served within.
Dal had a new commanding officer after Kandor was liberated and relocated to New Krypton. It was Superman, the one responsible for it all. His style of command seemed to conflict with her harder, more efficient minded matter. But this did not keep her from loyally following his orders.
When reigning in a herd of stampeding Thought-Beasts, Dal was mentally assaulted with one of her worst fears. This manifested itself as a hallucination that she was burning to death, implying that she has some trauma or fear regarding fire. Commander El was able to snap her out of it and focus her on completing their mission. Still, she thought it would have been simpler to kill the Thought-Beasts rather than the method Commander El employed. She voiced her criticism and was informed by Commander El that this did not mean it would have been better.
Powers & Abilities
As a member of the Kryptonian Military Guild, she received extensive training in the use of weapons, applicable technology, hand to hand combat, strategy, and survival techniques.
As a Kryptonian, she has several amazing powers when in a solar system with a yellow sun:
- Flight: Can defy gravity and fly under her own power, even through outer space.
- Super Strength: Has great strength. Can lift more than 1,000,000 tons.
- Super Speed: Can travel great distances in an instant. Able to move nearly as fast as The Flash.
- Super Hearing: Can hear any sound at any volume or pitch and filer out and focus in on specific voices even in a crowded city.
- Endurance: Doesn't need to sleep, eat, or drink, can survive in outer space, and can maintain psychical exertion for very long periods of time without tiring.
- Heat Vision: Can fire rays of extreme heat and power from her eyes.
- X-Ray Vision: Can see through anything except lead.
- Telescopic Vision: Can focus her vision down to the microscopic level, or extend it out and focus it on objects far, far away.
- Super Breath: Can create whirlwinds by forcefully exhaling, or freeze objects or opponents by blowing freezing cold air at them (a.k.a. ice breath).
- Durability: Nearly impervious to any harm. Though can be hurt by beings with equal or greater power than her own, by magic, or by Kryptonite.
- Longevity: Ages much slower, though is not truly immortal.
- Healing: Can heal rapidly from injury.
- Photographic Memory: Can read at high speeds and remember every detail, as well as remember anything she's experienced with perfect clarity.