Follow

Daken

Character » Daken appears in 1164 issues.

Daken is Wolverine's long lost son, torn from his mother's womb by the dark figure Romulus. Raised with a warped view on his father's "abandonment" and his mother's murder, Daken was left holding a grudge.

Reckoning Conclusion **SPOILERS**

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DEGRAAF

K so Reckoning has come to an end. I really enjoyed it to the very last page but left me with some questions.  

Wolverine cut out Dakens claws on the front of his wrists that were covered in the metal from the muramasa blade. tat is easily understandable but the way they showed it, it looked as tho he used the blade to cut them out which should have made Daken bleed out. Also 

if Wolverine didnt use the sword would dakens healing factor healed his wrists leaving no scar? 

Since wolverine took his sons claws can his son no longer grow claws there until he finds the originals and places them back? 

They have essentially turned Daken in to a male X-23 

Daken forever hates his father and his father has finally accepted that but made sure that Daken can never achieve his dream of killing and taking of in Romulus's position. But with Romulus gone i dont see why he cant still take over Romulus's position in the world. 

now on to Romulus 

Right as Romulus was getting beat by Daken (from what i can tell unless that was all an illusion) Cloak and wolverine take Romulus away to another dimension where Wolverine then uses the Muramasa blade to slice open Romulus's throat. Now there have been many discrepencies about the blade but the story goes that the blade negates peoples healing ability including mutants and monsters alike with an extensive healing factor. 

Wolverine and Romulus say it will take a long time for Romulus to die (which doesnt make sense if the blade does what it is said to do). By the time Wolverine leaves the dark dimension  Romulus isnt even shown bleeding anymore but rather is holding his stomach. Supposably being trapped for the rest of his life to rule a dimension of nothingness with nowhere to hide and no one to kill. 

How many people use this dimension as a path of teleportation or otherwise?  (Cloak obviously, Nightcrawler-Deceased, ???)

Really Romulus just has to be at the right place in the dimension at the right time to get out. 

He states he has been reborn multiple times. Is that just a metaphorical statement meaning he remade himself in each civilization or was it literal and he has the ability to be reborn with all his memories? 

It seemed like Wolverines house was in the same dimension as they put Romulus in. Did they teleport sometime in between or did they teleport the house there 

So how did everyone else like the ending to this, i kinda epected Daken and Wolverine to become closer but it seemed to be the exact opposite but it actually might have turned out better this way. I really expected one of the three to die. I was also really excited to see Skaar in it as well (kinda hopin he would kill Romulus and take over) but he kept getting pushed around and played like a fool. It really aggrivated me. If their gonna bring someone like that in aally let them do something instead of throw one punch and then get played. I know he still only has the mentality of a kid but still. Ever since Skaar fought his dad the writers have made him look like a chump.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

@DEGRAAF:
    Nightcrawler didn't use the Darkforce dimension to teleport.  

The Shroud taps into it. Blackout (Masters of Evil) and Darkstar (Soviet Super Soldiers) used it. 

During the Masters of Evil arc Blackout sent Photon(Captain Marvel) into the Darkforce Dimension. She later escaped when Shroud was tapping into it. 
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By DEGRAAF
    @Jake Fury:
    see thats kinda what i expect from Romulus also. Also will Dakens claws grow back or will he only have two on each hand from now on?
    Nefilim927

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By Nefilim927
    @DEGRAAF:
    I would think they'd grow back but as bone, obviously and I'm not sure if Wolverine really takes that slice at Romulus.  I think he just thinks about it and knows that ain't the way to go
    Dakens son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5  Edited By Dakens son
    @Nefilim927 said:
    " @DEGRAAF: I would think they'd grow back but as bone, obviously and I'm not sure if Wolverine really takes that slice at Romulus.  I think he just thinks about it and knows that ain't the way to go "
    We wont see Romulus for a long long time,the end though was obvious,
    there was no other way to save Daken than imprisoning Romulus into the dark dimension for ever.
    About the claws,he just removed the metal shreds I wish Daken wont forget it soon

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.