Follow

Daken

Character » Daken appears in 1158 issues.

Daken is Wolverine's long lost son, torn from his mother's womb by the dark figure Romulus. Raised with a warped view on his father's "abandonment" and his mother's murder, Daken was left holding a grudge.

Erista?

NorajDawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By NorajDawn

Back when Daken was introduced they used a teaser image officially titled "Wolverine's Son" this picture was shown to not be Daken after his formal first appearance but it was still used as the variant cover for the issue "wolverine origins #10". When I first viewed it I assumed it was Erista, and till this day I still feel the same way even though I've gotten to love Daken as a character.What are your takes on this?

No Caption Provided
    fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By fesak  Moderator

Yeah, it doesn't really look like Daken.
    It would be nice to see Erista, they should at least acknowledge his existence.

iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By iLLituracy

I sometimes feel like the conception and development of Daken was pointless because of Erista's existence. The Jungle Adventure was a great story, hopefully one day we see some sort of continuation of it.

Dakens son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Dakens son

I think,due to the fact that the series was about wolverines roots,that kid is wolverine.
    Maybe they tried to show an image of his early childhood.
    I have to agree though,they should present Erista one day,everyone,me included,was expecting him to be Logans son in origins #10.

NorajDawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By NorajDawn

@iLLituracy:
    @Dakens son:
    @fesak:
    I always thought it wasn't him ever since they revealed his age (mid 60's) and origin because he couldn't fit the setting, which would go the same for it not being wolverine also. And as for Daken's creation as a character I do have to agree seeing as there was already a suitable character.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.