Follow

Daken

Character » Daken appears in 1158 issues.

Daken is Wolverine's long lost son, torn from his mother's womb by the dark figure Romulus. Raised with a warped view on his father's "abandonment" and his mother's murder, Daken was left holding a grudge.

Daken's purpose..

Postacrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Postacrat

I love Daken every since he first showed up using his pheromones to stay out of his opponents line of sight, every since he slashed wolverines throat and smacked around Deadpool. He's just cool to me but one problem with him I have always had, is his reasoning. What exactly is Daken trying to do and why? Why does he still mess with Wolverine when it has been made evident to him that Wolverine did not kill his mother? At this point I see no reason for him to be doing things like teaming up with Sabretooth and or basically every other super villain his father ever had just to spite him. Now I'm starting to feel like everything about his characters personality is forced, just to create another person with a reason to hate wolverine. Any thoughts on this?

No Caption Provided

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Aiden Cross

I agree, Daken should be more of a neutral. Just doing things for his own personal gain.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By lykopis

I too really enjoyed Daken's character -- not how he was presented at the end of his series, and not how he is now. Thing is, he wants to be the best. He cannot be the best because of Wolverine's existence. That's about it.

This is someone who may or may not have been responsible for the annihilation of any off-spring of his father because a) he wants his father to suffer and/or b) because of competition. I think its both. This Logan without the honour, without the humanity, without the stoicism. Daken is selfish and monstrous. I know he was sometimes shown to appear capable of caring but those instances proved to be evidence of his incredible ability to be five moves ahead.

So -- I used to feel like you did -- especially after the revelation that Logan did not kill his real mother because I am a sucker for happy sappy scenes. But now I just love the b@stard as he is. A handsome, high living psychopath who takes manipulation to an extreme sport.

This character is not meant for team-ups. There is something up his sleeve and I suspect his turncoat moment with Sabretooth will be awesome. (At least, it better be.)

Dakens son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3  Edited By Dakens son

The way I see it,Daken is neutral.The basic reason why he hates dady it's because Logan was away while his wife was slaughtered and son was taken from mothers woumb,therefore Daken actually hates whatever Wolverine reprisents or supports.It was evident that Daken's agenda,after "original sin"arc,was to punish both his tormentor(Romulus) and his father for all the lies and the pain in his life.Romulus for killing Itsu(Daken's mom)and Wolverine for being idle.

The only disagreement I have is about"Sabretooth reborn"arc where Logan is going toe-to-toe against Creed and Romulus.Daken had to be included there since all the plots and schemes Romulus architected are coming to a boiling point.Too many secrets are unfold and too many lies have been discovered about Wolverine's life,so how could they forget Daken?

darkwolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By darkwolverine

I actually consider Daken the main reason a reading comics, since dark wolverine is one of the first comics i got and to be honest I love his personality. That is the main reason I try to get anything he is on. However this arch involving him and X-force kind feel like sabertooth is the one pulling the strings by doing the same thing that Daken loves doing which is manipulating people, that to me seems a bit out of character because Daken should know better, but hopofully he has something up his sleeve.

Avatar image for crimsonalchemist
    CrimsonAlchemist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By CrimsonAlchemist

I read his first appearance in Wolverine Origins didn't really start liking him until I started reading all of Dark Wolverine and started seeing what makes him tick I agree he should be neutral and not care what Wolverine does with himself , yea sure your dads a dumb ass for not cutting his dead wife open and seeing if his kid survived in real life with the years he lived I'm sure he would of long since moved on.

Postacrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Postacrat

@lykopis said:

I too really enjoyed Daken's character -- not how he was presented at the end of his series, and not how he is now. Thing is, he wants to be the best. He cannot be the best because of Wolverine's existence. That's about it.

This is someone who may or may not have been responsible for the annihilation of any off-spring of his father because a) he wants his father to suffer and/or b) because of competition. I think its both. This Logan without the honour, without the humanity, without the stoicism. Daken is selfish and monstrous. I know he was sometimes shown to appear capable of caring but those instances proved to be evidence of his incredible ability to be five moves ahead.

So -- I used to feel like you did -- especially after the revelation that Logan did not kill his real mother because I am a sucker for happy sappy scenes. But now I just love the b@stard as he is. A handsome, high living psychopath who takes manipulation to an extreme sport.

This character is not meant for team-ups. There is something up his sleeve and I suspect his turncoat moment with Sabretooth will be awesome. (At least, it better be.)

I have never looked at it this way before, some of our ideals are similar but your are excellent bro! Daken is in a sense a wild card or the Big joker you never know when either of them will be played, but when they are they change the game.

@Dakens son said:

The way I see it,Daken is neutral.The basic reason why he hates dady it's because Logan was away while his wife was slaughtered and son was taken from mothers woumb,therefore Daken actually hates whatever Wolverine reprisents or supports.It was evident that Daken's agenda,after "original sin"arc,was to punish both his tormentor(Romulus) and his father for all the lies and the pain in his life.Romulus for killing Itsu(Daken's mom)and Wolverine for being idle.

The only disagreement I have is about"Sabretooth reborn"arc where Logan is going toe-to-toe against Creed and Romulus.Daken had to be included there since all the plots and schemes Romulus architected are coming to a boiling point.Too many secrets are unfold and too many lies have been discovered about Wolverine's life,so how could they forget Daken?

I wondered the same thing how could they forget him? I also agree that at some point Daken was all about punishing those who made his entire life a lie. Sabretooth is sort of looking like canon fodder now too..

@darkwolverine said:

I actually consider Daken the main reason a reading comics, since dark wolverine is one of the first comics i got and to be honest I love his personality. That is the main reason I try to get anything he is on. However this arch involving him and X-force kind feel like sabertooth is the one pulling the strings by doing the same thing that Daken loves doing which is manipulating people, that to me seems a bit out of character because Daken should know better, but hopofully he has something up his sleeve.

too true fam, Daken may be one of my favorite characters, I may even like him a little more than wolverine. I like the idea that you never know what to expect from him, comic characters are becoming to predictable as of late.

@CrimsonAlchemist said:

I read his first appearance in Wolverine Origins didn't really start liking him until I started reading all of Dark Wolverine and started seeing what makes him tick I agree he should be neutral and not care what Wolverine does with himself , yea sure your dads a dumb ass for not cutting his dead wife open and seeing if his kid survived in real life with the years he lived I'm sure he would of long since moved on.

I totally share your view, Daken should find a purpose away from wolverine to totally separate the too if the writers are just going to keep on giving us vague ideas about his actual state of mind. There are just too many unanswered questions about these feral mutants and their connection too eachother. However I do like the new brotherhood of evil mtuants but they should be a pain in the a** to more than just X-Force, I mean how many times are the same people holding the same grudges going to keep trying to mess or get entangled with wolverine? This is has been going on every since origins all the way and thru the time wolverine spent in hell. Personally I think it's time for wolverine to have a change in direction too.

Dakens son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7  Edited By Dakens son

@Postacrat: Daken is a schemer allright,I liked the way he made his moves against uncanny x-force,as for Sabretooth I can't undestand what marvel is doing with him first he was a maniacal bloodthirsty butcher and now he is somekind of a man pulling the strings and less a berzerker?

On the other hand posing as secret ace is something that I'd like to see for Creed!

homosexuality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By homosexuality

I like daken better as a villain hope he stays that way.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.