Follow

Cyttorak

Character » Cyttorak appears in 102 issues.

Cyttorak is an immensely powerful deity, ruler of the Crimson Cosmos and supplier of power to his avatar, the unstoppable Juggernaut.

Can anyone tell me clearly how powerful Cyttorak is?

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By MrDirector786

I've always been confused as to how powerful Cyttorak is. I've heard conflicting ideas of his power from different people. Some say that Cyttorak is above the Celestials in power but then there are others who say he is far below even one celestial. So can anyone out there help clear up just how powerful he is?

Thor's hammmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Thor's hammmer

he is somewhere above Galactus i belive and the vishanti wouldn't mess with him.
    blur99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By blur99

He is powerful but I doubt he is above Galactus.  Though Galactus is written badly.   

Vendel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Vendel

Well.....

No Caption Provided
    karrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By karrob
    @Vendel said:
    " Well.....

No Caption Provided
    "
    Interesting
    tron_bonne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By tron_bonne
    @MrDirector786 said:

I've always been confused as to how powerful Cyttorak is. I've heard conflicting ideas of his power from different people. Some say that Cyttorak is above the Celestials in power but then there are others who say he is far below even one celestial. So can anyone out there help clear up just how powerful he is?

@Vendel said:

Well.....

No Caption Provided
    @karrob said:

@Vendel said:

" Well.....

No Caption Provided
    "
    Interesting
    And yes, he is far above a Celestial. Celestials have thought over the physical universe, but not mysticism. Cyttorak has thought and will over both. If you go back to Protege; you will find that he literally copies the power, skills and abilities of whomever he wishes to copy, but there are abstract ideas that are even more abstract than others and Cyttorak's magic is one of them. Protege couldn't simply copy these powers, he would have to invoke on it in order to shape it into his level of perspective. One thing, however, that always got to me is how various users here are in denial despite Brevoort's statement saying that Cyttorak is an abstract. Even before Brevoort, Stan Lee created Cyttorak specifically as an "idea" of a source that provides constant unlimited power. Yet, the users denials try to find ways of downgrading a product that was originally specified by it's creator as an "unlimited abstract".
    XMASCATEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By XMASCATEXE

Bumped to answer user questions. Personally I suggest talking to Vendel or Knowsbleed if you can find them around the web, though really one learns nothing in truth without reading the actual comics themselves. Cyttorak's relations in Dr.Strange's books go a long way to resolve what he is.

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Hyperlight

@tron_bonne: Well a celestials powers are so vast that magic isnt a factor in the limits of their powers. Celestials are the most powerful race of beings in marvel. As for cytorrak being an abstract I doubt it... I have never seen him in he Dimension of manifestations taking a seat with eternity or the LT.

I was always under the impression that Cytorrak was on the same level as the Hell-Lords? ... I could be wrong

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump.

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

@xlr87t3: Sorry bud, not the biggest fan of Cyttorak.

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.