Follow

Cyclops

Character » Cyclops appears in 11232 issues.

The first X-Man, Scott Summers possesses the mutant ability to fire powerful concussive blasts through his eyes that act as a portal to another dimension full of the force that makes up his optic blast. He is visually distinctive for the ruby quartz visor he wears to control his devastating power. A born leader, Cyclops succeeded his mentor Professor X to command the X-Men.

Time Travel Twist!

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TheCrowbar

What if Cyclops knows about the events the Young X-men do. Young Cyclops going back to his place in time with full knowledge of the future. Wouldn't that add to the tragedy!? Cyclops trying to change the future, knowing whatever he does he can't make any better decision than he did the first time around!

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Blood1991

Timeception?

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TheCrowbar

@Blood1991 said:

Timeception?

We can go deeper! Lets send him to the future!

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Blood1991

@TheCrowbar said:

@Blood1991 said:

Timeception?

We can go deeper! Lets send him to the future!

Make him Cable's grandpa.

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TheCrowbar

@Blood1991:

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Blood1991

@TheCrowbar said:

@Blood1991:

The X-Men's circle of life would be a scribbly mess. Jean Grey alone just destroys the concept.

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TheCrowbar

@Blood1991: I would love the oppressing tragedy of it though. Going back on topic, Cyclops just can't find a better solution, he can't save Jean, he can't save his soul and he can't stop from killing Xavier.

lorex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#8  Edited By lorex

I would love it if bringing the original X-Men into the future with the intention of changing the future to prevent certain events from happening was actually the catalyst setting young Cyclops on the path to becoming the way he has become in the current Marvel universe. That would be a perfect twist to this situation. Imagine the look on Beasts face when he finds out that he is the cause for the way things have turned out.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Blood1991

@lorex said:

I would love it if bringing the original X-Men into the future with the intention of changing the future to prevent certain events from happening was actually the catalyst setting young Cyclops on the path to becoming the way he has become in the current Marvel universe. That would be a perfect twist to this situation. Imagine the look on Beasts face when he finds out that he is the cause for the way things have turned out.

Poor Beast he just can't win.

@TheCrowbar said:

@Blood1991: I would love the oppressing tragedy of it though. Going back on topic, Cyclops just can't find a better solution, he can't save Jean, he can't save his soul and he can't stop from killing Xavier.

I feel terrible for him. Everyone is swooning over teen Jean when he has it worst. He lost the girl he loved, his adult self is everything he stands against, and everyone around him hates him for no reason. If he tried it would certainly be interesting and Scott was born to brood so I could see it happen.

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TheCrowbar

@lorex: I'd pay for a poster of that. I HATE Beast.

One_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By One_Eye

@TheCrowbar said:

^Ditto^

save.me.now

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12  Edited By save.me.now

@One_Eye said:

@TheCrowbar said:

^Ditto^

me too

One_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By One_Eye

@save.me.now: Somehow I don't see Beast getting off scott-free((see what I did there?:p)) in all this. You don't go mucking about in the space-time continuum without some kind of recoil.

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TheCrowbar

@One_Eye said:

@save.me.now: Somehow I don't see Beast getting off scott-free((see what I did there?:p)) in all this. You don't go mucking about in the space-time continuum without some kind of recoil.

I do see Beast getting away with it.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#15  Edited By joshmightbe

probably just an easy out for a retcon later

JohnnyGat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By JohnnyGat

The concept would be if Young Scott changes at least one major bad event the other bad events that we already know might never come to pass and other bad events might take it place. What would happen would be what might happen again. So if anything Young Scott has to make a choice if ever he goes back to his present time to change only one thing and this is assuming he's not affected by what he has seen in the future and does everything as if he never went to the future. And should he decide to change a choice like mentioned in Cable and the X-Force has to be in the moment so as not to suffer from ever changing variables.

DarkxSeraph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By DarkxSeraph

This idea, while interesting, probably will never happen.

They have already said that they know Xavier will mindwhammy the info from their heads the moment that they get back (he makes it a habit, really... look at the Deadly Genesis arc).

So, there probably won't be any change on that front. Aside from MAYBE Xavier still being alive, having faked his death to Scott via Telepathy or some other means and popping up later.

Otherwise, what could be 'exciting' about this is they could make it out to be Marvel's version of Crisis and when the X-Men go back, they make so many changes that it disrupts the timeline and we get a new branch for mainstream marvel, going from 616 to possibly a new timeline.

But, probably not. No ripples for the past/continuity, and only changes in modern 616 is my prediction.

chasereis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By chasereis

@TheCrowbar: Dude, you realize that you would be putting the entire Redhead and Blond population at risk by sending him to the future? The guy is a mutant John Holmes. Everyone will be pregnant! Please...just no.

@joshmightbe: Exactly what I was thinking. This is just the X-Men version of Flashpoint waiting to happen.

DarkxSeraph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By DarkxSeraph

Well, let's think about this... They already had Beast mention multiple times the danger of this time travel; you don't put the shotgun on the wall unless you're going to use it later in the novel.

Meaning: Beast bringing that up is either forshadowing a timeline change due to this endeavor, OR they just keep mentioning it to show how desperate Beast was to try to help Scott.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.